We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Over-cooking sodium carbonate Options

Madcap
#1 Posted : 5/6/2010 4:45:01 PM

illudium Q-36

If one were to put baking soda in the oven at 400 degrees to convert it to sodium carb... could it be over done. I left the baking soda in a hot oven for a really long time... like all day. My thinking was that I was trying to make sure it was converted.

Well, I just had a procedure fail and there were a few variables (including a new plant material) and this was the first time I used my home-made sodium carbonate.

I added FASA to a solution expecting precipitation and got nothing at all. I'm wondering if either my solution was too dilute or maybe there was no goodies in it at all because my home made carb was no good and didn't freebase the alks.

What happens to sodium carb when you bake it? Does it further convert to something else?

Thanks in advance

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 5/6/2010 6:02:32 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

From what I understand, I don't think you can over-bake sodium carbonate. This would suggest the problem lies somewhere else. One of the actual chemists will no-doubt correct me if I am wrong.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

q21q21
#3 Posted : 5/6/2010 6:02:56 PM

SWIM

when trying to dissolved sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) in water it will form a powder at the bottom when there is too little water to dissolve all of it.

when trying to dissolved sodium carbonate in water it will form solid rocks at the bottom when there is too little water to dissolve all of it.

Likely your sodium carbonate is not the issue, seems that by what you said you did an A/B or STB using sodium carbonate to freebase DMT out of the MHRB which theoretically should work but in SWIM's experience hasn't unless used as a paste, not solution.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Madcap
#4 Posted : 5/6/2010 6:14:37 PM

illudium Q-36

Snozzle.. I have the same thoughts.

Q21q21... I was going after cebil seeds here following phlux's pictorial to the tee. I got to the part where you add the fasa and there were no clouds, not anything at all. I figure even if the seeds were crap there would be something that would precip.... unless I never freebased the alks to begin with. then my acetone would only be holding oils right?

I've done the procedure before with fine results with store-bought carb

Whatever.. I will test my carb later as you suggested and get to the bottom of it.

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 5/6/2010 6:57:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM's put a torch to sodium carbonate and observed no physical or chemical change. This procedure includes photos of the difference between the stages of conversion: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Conver...te_into_Sodium_Carbonate

SWIM couldn't find the exact tek you're using, but he would imagine it's a drytek if using acetone. One thing he knows about such procedures is that getting a sufficiently homogeneous mix of sodium carb, water, and plant matter can be difficult, and giving it sufficient time to react prior to drying can be a major source of issues, as well. Other than that, SWIM's not sure what the problem may be. There's enough impurities in cebil that there should be some sort of reaction, though SWIM hasn't worked extensively with bufo.

Madcap
#6 Posted : 5/7/2010 5:50:06 AM

illudium Q-36

I really would like to think that I would be more precise if I was working with more dangerous things but, alas.... my problem came down to essentially mislabeled containers.

I made some sodium carb and I made some anhydrous magnesium sulfate. I had some left in the oven pan for a week or to and when I got around to cleaning it up... I zigged when I should have zagged.

So I hope I know I'm not detail oriented enough to ever have dangerous materials. Luckily there was not allot of waste. Question answered