We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : What's the maximum SAFE dose you can take?
Choice Votes Statistics
1.5 times what you normally need to have a 'breakthrough' 14 60 %
2 times that. 4 17 %
2.5 times that. 0 0 %
3 times that. 1 4 %
3.5 times that. 0 0 %
4 times that. 0 0 %
4.5 times that. 1 4 %
5 times that. 1 4 %
spectacularly much more than anything mentioned. 2 8 %

PREV12
The maximum SAFE dose. Options

ms_manic_minxx
#21 Posted : 1/18/2011 1:24:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, what's the LD50? Something impossible and ridiculous, I think you'd need about eight hundred lungs and maybe a bonfire to smoke that much as quickly as possible...

DMT is a tool. Like endlessness said, it's all about finding the sweet spot. Going too far beyond that isn't necessarily as dangerous as it is STUPID because it wastes your time, wastes your spice, and it raises the very important question, what is the intention? Trying to take the biggest dose possible is missing the point. The most effective dose allows for the deepest experience and the most work to be accomplished.

Everyone's most EFFECTIVE dose is also different.

Just my experience. Confused

If you want to have the best and most satisfying spaghetti dinner ever, you don't waste all the time, effort, and energy into collecting the best ingredients possible, following the best recipe, and creating an amazing work of art, and setting the table with your best cutlery and napkins to see if you can eat nineteen bowls all by yourself. It's really taking something wonderful and completely abusing it, completely abusing oneself, and completely missing the point.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Rivea
#22 Posted : 1/18/2011 2:30:34 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

I don't know... it seems that somewhere between 25 and 45 mg of spice in my pipe takes me very far to places I have never been before.

The first time I got a really great hit on about 30 mg I thought at first " Holy shit! What have I done to myself. The room became unrecognizable and it was a wild bunch of things that I saw. The big clock on my wall became some strange face for a while and I can't describe what happened to my furniture. It kinda disappeared. I somehow knew I was on my couch, but damn..." I smoke 45 mg another time and completely fused into my girlfriends body as I was coming up. Toke hug and whoosh... I disappeared inside her. The last time I smoked about 30 mg and I do not know where I went. I started coming back and my friend the nurse and my GF were there on the couch waiting for me. I saw that my friend the nurse had beautiful veils on her head as I was coming back... I can't even begin to describe how nice the afterglow was for us as we soaked in my hot tub... It was sunset and comfortable.

I have no desire to push it beyond around 50 mg... and that will happen if I sprinkle a little too much in my scale next time.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

muad dib
#23 Posted : 2/1/2011 6:24:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SAFE? Or useful / memorable? These are two different questions and it seems like you're asking the latter based on your post, but the title of this thread makes it seem as though you're asking the former.

SAFE health-wise is a tough question, because it seems like you would no longer be able to vaporize more after a certain point.

Safe as far as useful, memorable and integratable would seem to vary greatly on the individual, but I'd say the poll respondents so far are pretty spot on.

Regards,
Muad'dib

Lodi
#24 Posted : 2/1/2011 7:14:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would have to say that the maximum I would ever do is 50. I have done upwards of 70mg, and it be enough to go back multiple times in one sitting. But the more times I go back the less of the whole experience I remember. I know that at higher doses I basically take a nap and stop breathing, and suddenly Ill wake up gasping for air and completely out of breath at the end of my trip. Where it can take an hour or more before I am breathing normal. Whether that is all in my head or whether it really happens, a dose that will do that is to high a dose in my opinion. If one is going to try to learn from it, it would not make sense to knowingly take more than what would take you to new worlds, instead of leaving you with no memory of the experience.

Much peace and love.
Everything I say is fictional, I do not support illegal drug use of any kind, SWIM is a fictional character.

corpus callosum
#25 Posted : 2/2/2011 7:03:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I think that the amount of inhalations it takes to consume your dose has a marked effect on how far you go.25-30mg in one breath via the GVG will always get me there; 48mg in one breath was enough for me.I suspect that getting above say 50-55mg in one breath would be physically safe but you would struggle to bring back anything meaningful from this; psychological safety is much harder to correlate with a specified dose which would be applicable to all users.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

corridors of my cells
#26 Posted : 2/2/2011 7:20:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my breakthru dose is 50-60mg and i think taking anything more than 80-90mg is a waste. But considering people who really wanna far out which is not something i will ever do, the maximum dose for me would be 120mg. so i thing 2x breakthru dose is a reasonable amount. Even if something big lies ahaed of that dose it wouldnt worth seing it. Because the risk is always there, How deeper u dive, time to return to the surface will be longer accordingly. So, to avoid any permanent or long term psychological after effects, shouldnt go deeper than your can handle.

polytrip
#27 Posted : 2/2/2011 10:42:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
The breakthrough dose may be different for everybody.

But i have the impression that from there on, any X-amount of extra DMT will increasingly become harder to manage psychologically, like a curved line that goes up steeper and steeper. If 1X-amount of extra DMT equals an extra psychological load of 1Y, 2X-amounts extra may not have a load of 2Y, but of 3Y, and than 3X not of 4 or 5Y but of 6Y, etc.

So the maximum dose that is psychologically manageable can in my view not be very far from the dose needed to breakthrough.

moyshekapoyre
#28 Posted : 3/1/2011 9:49:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Speaking from experience, let me just reiterate what others have said. Start out small. If 50mg does nothing for you, you are doing it wrong, and wasting everything, as I did when I started. I ended up trying to smoke 500mg, and got no effect. I now think I must have been "smoking" lye or something from an emulsion? I eventually did smoke a full cone of changa, or tried to. Basically within a second of the first big puff entering my lungs, I was GONE, super duper overdosed, with aliens bouncing insanely through my brain; I thought I'd died. Lasted 4 minutes, but felt like much longer. Even though it was a bad experience, I actually felt very good afterwards, glad to be back safe and sound (but was shivering for an hour).

Anyway the odd thing is that I've always read that the smoked/vaped DMT experience is much more intense than the aya experience, because it is so much shorter. But am I the only one who finds this to be completely the reverse? It seems I'm not... but I don't know why I got this distinct impression as a newbie. I did aya first and was completely blown away, had a +++++ experience, and it was all euphoria after the initial strangeness. And yet I was scared to smoke dmt, because I'd heard it would be so much more intense!

One thing in particular that is very measurable is the OEVs. I feel that on aya, it does not matter if I have my eyes open or closed. With changa, though, even if I feel I am in hyperspace and don't remember if I'm alive, when I try to open my eyes, I still see the world mostly normal, but it is just difficult to keep my eyes open. But, well, everyone obviously has widely varying experiences, so I'm not sure what the utility is of posting mine...

PREV12