We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
new member sez hello Options

naught
#1 Posted : 5/5/2010 4:57:52 PM

Turnip

Hiya folks,

A friend of mine told me I should check this forum out. I don't know much about DMT, which is why I'm here to learn.

I am a fellow traveling of other-space, however, as I am fanatical about magic mushrooms, both taking them and growing them. For the last three years I've been experimenting with different cultivation techniques. I don't plan to ever stop learning and growing.

So that's my two centavos.

-- embrace, surrender, and dance --

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Gir
#2 Posted : 5/5/2010 5:07:25 PM

Gir

Welcome
to
the
neXus friend.

glad to have you.
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 โ€นhouseโ€บ mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

Acolyte
#3 Posted : 5/5/2010 5:26:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very happy It's damn fine to have you!!!

I think those little wings of yours will spread and fly just fine!!

post away good friend, post away.

Cool

a
?

naught
#4 Posted : 5/5/2010 5:34:56 PM

Turnip

Acolyte wrote:

So I'm working on a number things shroom-wise. What is most needed on this forum: liquid culture, spawn bags, g2g, incubators, growing parameters, or issues with contaminants?

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 5/5/2010 6:18:49 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

First, let me say welcome to the Nexus, it's great to have you here.
naught wrote:
Acolyte wrote:

So I'm working on a number things shroom-wise. What is most needed on this forum: liquid culture, spawn bags, g2g, incubators, growing parameters, or issues with contaminants?

As far as adding to the "Mushroom" subforum, feel free to add whatever you like. There are a number of individuals on here with experience growing mushrooms, so it tends to be the kind of information that gets brought up on an "as needed" basis. If you have any revelationary new work or experimental ideas with mushroom growing, we would love to see them. If you want to post your method for growing, feel free. It's really quite open and up to you. Any knowledge that you feel would be beneficial to the community would be good to post. You're restricted to posting in the nursery at the moment, but if you were to make a thread dealing with some mushroom techniques you'd like to share/comment on that would be a good way for people to get to know you, you to get promoted, and then the thread could be placed in the mushrooms section.

It's awesome to see a new member eager to share information. Again, welcome to the nexus.

peace
SB
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

naught
#6 Posted : 5/5/2010 7:18:53 PM

Turnip

I guess I could post a grow log, k'know from inoculation to fruiting. Regardless, it's going to be several months before I can post images I haven't posted elsewhere.

Or I could write up my Tek, though it isn't mine technically.

I'm always growing, always experimenting, but now that I've met a bunch of folks online who have been at it for 20+ years and I realize that very little "experimental" stuff I come up with is actually new. I just didn't know where it was documented. Smile Still I think of myself as a mad-scientist.

Probably my craziest alternative substrate is cat fur. Actually got that to fruit when added to BRF substrate. But cat fur is not the best growing material.

In general I grow cakes in small spawn bags with filters, make my own liquid culture from multispore solutions, and usually fruit invitro. My favorite spawn is cracked corn. I'm experimenting with grain-to-grain, breaking up cakes and layering them on straw/poo, then fruiting them in a terrarium.

I've used many strains of cubensis and am going to give woodlovers a try this winter (for spring outdoor planting).

Ginkgo
#7 Posted : 5/5/2010 7:21:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey and welcome! I am also fanatical about magic mushrooms, they are what introduced me to the world of entheogens, and they will always have a very special place in my heart. Personally I enjoy picking them, but it's fun to cultivate too. Wait a second... Cat fur as a substrate?! Wow, you're a mad scientist all right! Pleased

Have a good stay here at the Nexus,
Evening Glory

funkymonkey
#8 Posted : 5/5/2010 7:27:41 PM

mr. bond...james bond..

Twisted Evil

hello all. im new here. ive been to nexus before in the pas, but now i am a member.

how come i can only post in certain forums? its kind of irritating. i have lots of input but i can never share it because half of the threads here wont allow me too.

im sure youll be seeing alot more of funky monkey around here though. i can assure you that

monkey see monkey doo monkey pee monkey poo

endlessness
#9 Posted : 5/5/2010 7:30:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

welcome bro!

Ginkgo
#10 Posted : 5/5/2010 7:31:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Funkymonkey: New members can only post in the nursery, as we want to filter out which people we want posting in the whole forum. This is not a regular forum with regular shit throwing, so to avoid that type of behavior, we have the nursery. Stay around here and make some good posts, and you will be awarded a full membership in no time. You should also post an introduction essay, but the way to go is NOT by hijacking the thread to someone else, like you just did...

Take care,
Evening Glory

naught
#11 Posted : 5/5/2010 9:55:10 PM

Turnip

Here's one of my earliest cakes, first flush. I think this one is an "Amazonian".
naught attached the following image(s):
invitro2.jpg (36kb) downloaded 117 time(s).

naught
#12 Posted : 5/5/2010 9:56:54 PM

Turnip

Here is a cake on it's 3rd flush. I think this was an "Ecuador".
naught attached the following image(s):
invitro.jpg (21kb) downloaded 116 time(s).

gammagore
#13 Posted : 5/5/2010 11:28:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats some nice looking fungi naughtSmile

Welcome aboard.

ragabr
#14 Posted : 5/6/2010 2:36:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great pics Naught, welcome to the Nexus!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

HyperD
#15 Posted : 5/9/2010 4:26:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi and welcome naught!
That shroms looks like real candyVery happy

Remember that when you walk through the door you just opened the experience can be compared to flip a coin
But the coin can have more than two sides

Alasdair
#16 Posted : 5/10/2010 3:12:14 AM

Alex

naught wrote:
Here's one of my earliest cakes, first flush. I think this one is an "Amazonian".

Thats a cutie! and look at all those mutations! i love how consistantly mushrooms mutate when using multi-spore tek.

Diversity is what makes mother nature thrive. humans always seem to find a way to pick ou the best though.

do you have any isolated strains of these?

naught
#17 Posted : 5/10/2010 3:33:11 PM

Turnip

Alasdair wrote:
naught wrote:

Thats a cutie! and look at all those mutations! i love how consistently mushrooms mutate when using multi-spore tek.

Diversity is what makes mother nature thrive. humans always seem to find a way to pick ou the best though.

do you have any isolated strains of these?

i'm not doing isolates. though when I get a new multispore solution, i make about 10 liquid culture jars with 1-2 cc. each. so the LCs are sort of my "lazy isolates".

i do all my work without a glovebox or flowhood. and i've never felt the desire to do agar culture.

corridors of my cells
#18 Posted : 5/10/2010 5:25:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey man welcome to the Nexus, nice to see u around .. nice shrooms btw Smile
Peace

Abakua81
#19 Posted : 5/11/2010 4:06:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome and I loved the shroom pics. And as a side note, everyone I know that screwed up shrooms did so due to contaminants so any tips to avoid that on a shroom subforum would be helpful.

naught
#20 Posted : 5/14/2010 8:44:36 PM

Turnip

Abakua81 wrote:
Welcome and I loved the shroom pics. And as a side note, everyone I know that screwed up shrooms did so due to contaminants so any tips to avoid that on a shroom subforum would be helpful.

There are a lot of ways contamination can creep into the mushroom cultivation process.

Do you have a specific situation I could address?

12NEXT