We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : please choose one of the following for the best te
Choice Votes Statistics
the cake method 0 0 %
Nomans 1 3 %
q21q21 2 7 %
vovin's 7 26 %
lazyman's 0 0 %
dmt for the masses 0 0 %
stb 1 3 %
other...please post your prefrence 15 57 %

12NEXT
which is your favorite tec? Options

greymatter
#1 Posted : 5/4/2010 8:09:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanx for satisfying my curiosity

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 5/4/2010 8:42:51 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

You missed a number of tek's including Marsofold's and the BLAB and you misspelled Vovin's name (nitpicky maybe, but you wouldn't call it Eyenstein's theory of general relativity or Highzenbergs Uncertainty Principle)...
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 5/4/2010 9:00:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Personally I don't use teks. People get too caught up on what precise quantity of this or that to use... but DMT attractions are very forgiving. If you understand what you're trying to accomplish, teks really aren't necessary; I've never actually measured anything when extracting!

I can see where teks are a useful crutch for first time extractors, but once you've got the basics down, I don't see much need for them.

In the past I've always gone acid/base, but next time I extract I'm tempted to do a drytek-style extraction using lime and turpentine (freeze-precipping the spice and salting out the rest of the goods with vinegar).

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 5/4/2010 9:12:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

rOm
#5 Posted : 5/4/2010 9:35:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

limtek for the non-toxic approach such as Amor fati's.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Ginkgo
#6 Posted : 5/4/2010 11:00:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread is not an experience report about hyperspace, so I have moved it to the correct section in the nursery.

soulfood
#7 Posted : 5/4/2010 11:41:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'm kind of with Entropymancer on this one as I like to play things by ear and what is right for one batch of bark isn't necassarily right for another.

But anyway I voted for Vovins tek, because that's the foundation I started my extraction knowledge with and everything since has just been slight variations on that similar theme.

vovin
#8 Posted : 5/5/2010 12:18:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Misspelled me bro. But my view when I wrote the tek is that it should be a good guide for a person to get through the first few extractions and afterward they should develop their own process. Honestly I think there is a diffrence between good and bad teks but if you take the good ones and put them together you will see that one is not really all that better than the other. Deciding which is best is a personal choice based on your ability to understand the tek and the resources and time you want to invest. As a result it is difficult to come forward with any tek that would be considered #1 as one may be the best for one guy in one situation and another person under diffrent circumstances would be far better using another.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

d*l*b
#9 Posted : 5/5/2010 12:30:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When I first played with spice I was working with the Noman tek. Now I like to work with A/B extractions due to the fact that solution can be reduced and filtered in the acid phase and there is less basic stuff to work with in the final stages.
D × V × F > R

Phlux-
#10 Posted : 5/5/2010 12:30:50 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

dont do teks anymore - but id have to say my tek - DMTEK
reason - its the highest yeilding tek for the cleanest spice iv ever done or seen - both a the fumarate and freebase stage.
drawback - xylene is stinky.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Pokey
#11 Posted : 5/5/2010 3:06:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BLAB. I love BLAB.

Pokey the BLABBER

greymatter
#12 Posted : 5/5/2010 3:39:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry vovin....spelling isnt my strong suit....i truely do understand that one doesnt need a tech...my curiosity is that which is the most commenly used...i have used several different tecs...my favorite is the cake method although i have used it only a few times it seems to suit me as i'm sure others will have their favorites...not that any one is better than the other...i thought this thread would be helpful for would-be firsttimers

Ice House
#13 Posted : 5/5/2010 4:37:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Simple

1.8% Average

Full Spectrum

Petrol Product Free

BLAB

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 5/5/2010 8:12:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Trickster
#15 Posted : 5/5/2010 8:30:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

CSLE (Continuous Solid-Liquid Extractor) + heptane pulls (soon to be replaced by CLLE).
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

rOm
#16 Posted : 5/5/2010 10:44:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
dont do teks anymore - but id have to say my tek - DMTEK
reason - its the highest yeilding tek for the cleanest spice iv ever done or seen - both a the fumarate and freebase stage.
drawback - xylene is stinky.

And where can we find your DMTEK ? Now you getting interesting.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

CrushNazT
#17 Posted : 5/5/2010 5:11:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DELETED

greymatter
#18 Posted : 5/6/2010 7:03:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my first extraction was the erowid extraction but i had limited sucess...problems with extraction...my second was vovin's...PS:::you're my hero! and the most searched on google....my third was the cake method
sorry about the lack of options...in the moment my mind just drew a blank

greymatter
#19 Posted : 5/6/2010 7:07:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dear vovin...i'd like to make a suggestion...include the conversion af baking soda to washing soda and instead of a buchner filter...add the option of filtration with a large sheer cloth....i use a wine press...not a drop spilled or wasted...i first extracted the wood three times with paint thinner and old benzene and toluene...then i soaked it in old syrup so as to not extract wood resins

freethinker
#20 Posted : 5/6/2010 7:58:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Simple, STB + freeze precip. No actual tek, just properly calculated and measured using no excess lye or naptha. Quick, clean, and easy as pie, yielding near pure fluffy white NN crystals.

If anything, it's probably just a refined 'Lazy Man'.

Love all the experimental and food grade stuff people are doing, just don't find it necessary. But keep up the good work!

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

12NEXT