We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
stomach cramps on cactus resin?? Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 5/2/2010 7:01:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi y'all,

So I've been chomping on a new batch of resin, made with some torch from Peru, from a known and respected supplier. This resin unfortunately and rather surprisingly, is not anywhere near as potent or pleasant as my first batch of resin. I'm beginning to think that the resin tek is MUCH better when used with fresh cactus (as it was originally intended I think).

I did 4 cooks of 500g of torch, following the updated resin tek, as I did last time. 500g of cactus produced 150g of resin (?). I tried 3g of this with a friend, and got a few hours of unpleasant stomach cramps, with gave way to a pleasant feeling of peacefulness for the rest of the day. Tried redissolving the resin, some wouldn't dissolve, had white, sandy specs in, this was discarded, and the water then evaporated, leaving hopefully a more concentrated product. Tried 3g of this earlier...not as potent as before...and severe, nasty unrelenting stomach cramps and pains for a good few hours...no nausea at all...but kinda incapacitating, bed bound pain (and I'm not one to moan). Not cool. Stomach still isn't sure now. Peppermint tea and even paracetemol weren't much help. Have people had any success with an other remedies?

A shame though, gonna have to go back to the drawing board...but I won't be taking any more of this particular batch of resin...the suffering on the ol' stomach just ain't worth it. Think I'm gonna try extracting the mescaline from the rest of the resin with limonene. A damn shame though as my first batch of resin was so good. Will try the tek with another batch of cactus and a fresh cutting in the future and see how it compares.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 5/2/2010 8:55:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Maybe the cactus had a different alkaloid profile. I find that cactustea tastes different each time and also has different results each time.

And the most potent cactus not nessecarily is the one with the most disgusting taste.

Cactus can have weird physical effects. Vasoconstriction can lead to different complaints and it can be very much concentrated on different parts of the body even.
This sounds like some sort of conbstriction effect, don't know the technical term, but LSA can also do causes these sort of cramps.

Maybe the stuff that is used to combat vasoconstriction and bronchoconstriction also works against constriction effects regarding the stomach.

Theobromine, caffeine, datura, ginkgo biloba, cola nut, etc.

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 5/2/2010 9:31:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your feedback man. My stomach still doesn't feel right now, but I'm not contorted in pain anymore which is a plus Wink

I'm a bit gutted, as all this suffering for very little gain just isn't worth it...its a shame as the cactus resin batch before was fantastic. I will try again with a different batch and some fresh cactus in the future.

floatingwater
#4 Posted : 5/4/2010 5:42:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Try chewing on and eating a small slice of fresh ginger next time. It does wonders for me when my stomach is feeling up tight

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 5/4/2010 5:51:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks man...I'll try this with a new batch...I don't want to experience hours of stomach torture again though, for very little gain, was pretty horrible. I will test a new batch of cactus in the future in the hope of finding that resiny magic again.

kjb1891
#6 Posted : 5/11/2010 1:01:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
I'm beginning to think that the resin tek is MUCH better when used with fresh cactus (as it was originally intended I think).

SWIM thinks you're right Banco. She tried the resin tek using dried material from a reputable vendor without much effect. It does seem that the people reporting the best effects using the resin tek use fresh material.