We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
eBook 2nd DRAFTS! Options

Acolyte
#1 Posted : 5/1/2010 3:04:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very happy ::work work work!::

I think many of us in the first days of CEL this winter thought CEL would pop-out The Travelers head fully formed like Athena from Zeus!! This is not the case Wink
I feel I’ve poorly communicated how long and how much work it is to start an organization, and I apologies for that!

Before we officially become an organization, here’s our general start-up phases:
1) Articulate what “we believe”
2) Understand and refine what we believe.
3) Organize small
4) Incorporate
5) Share what we believe with the public
6) Defend what we believe with the public
7) Organize big

The eBook, The MiniBook "On Responsibly Moving Through Life," and our various pamphlets are our attempts to tackle step one and two. These drafts seriously need your help!!! CEL must be an organization that follows reason and we need your feedback and input to do so.

Probably The Minibook *and ahem* Ms_Minxx’s Experience Report Section is the most complete and deserving of your attention, the rest are still in very much ROUGH DRAFT form! Be nice.

***The philosophical and strategic distinction of the positions of “whether hyperspace is ‘real’ and full of entities” will be a discussion held in more detail in a forthcoming thread! Cool ***

Our General eBooK structure:

I. Introduction
II. History of Entheogens
III. Health and Science of Entheogens
IV. Introduction to The Other
V. Experience Reports
VI. Returning Home

() = sources pending
Orange text = new since last version

Our 3RD round of DRAFTs will likely move to www.cel-hub.org !

THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!
?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jbark
#2 Posted : 5/1/2010 3:11:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll try and read it over the next few days and give you feedback. I write (among other things!) for a living, so I hope I might be of some assistance. And I'll definitely be nice!!Wink

as a canadian, I don't really know any other mode.
Sad
Cheers,
JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Acolyte
#3 Posted : 5/7/2010 7:49:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is the Experience Report Section!!!!Cool

These are some tremendous Experiences! I've lightly edited many of them for flow. Authors, PLEASE tell me what you think!!

MORE DETAILS MAY BE NEEDED!!! Feedback always welcome.
?

lyserge
#4 Posted : 5/7/2010 8:56:57 PM

polyfather anomalous

Here's my short paper describing the Johns Hopkins psilocybin study and why it's a landmark study in the history of scientific research into the healing potentials of the psychedelic materials. Comments on the current paper and where I could take it would be *most welcome*.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Acolyte
#5 Posted : 5/8/2010 5:45:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lysergify wrote:
Here's my short paper describing the Johns Hopkins psilocybin study and why it's a landmark study in the history of scientific research into the healing potentials of the psychedelic materials. Comments on the current paper and where I could take it would be *most welcome*.

ahahha! I sat next to this researcher once! He's a great guy! excellent start lysergify!
?

nadir
#6 Posted : 5/23/2010 4:09:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

guys, sorry for being late, i was away for some time.
got back last week and nexus didn't let me log in!
i really thought that you banned meSmile)
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.