We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
smoking caapi leaves Options

jbark
#1 Posted : 4/30/2010 1:31:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Smoked some 50/50 caapi leaf/blue lotus mix (no spice - left over from changa mix). I didn't weigh it, but I am betting the mix was between 50 and 100mg. Very smooth and "stony", i felt like I was floating merrily on the floor as I walked, sinking into the pillows and feeling like half of me was levitating above the mattress as I lay in bed. Very pleasant.

This morning, however, I feel about 10x as foggy & groggy as I do the day after with pot (I don't smoke often), and the tummy is having words with me. I feel a little weak, unfocused and sssllllloooooowwww.

Is this common? Anyone out there have similar experiences?

I quite liked it, but will refrain if these aftereffects are to be expected. It's got me thinking twice about changa, too. One thing I like about pure spice is the sharp clear-headedness that returns after an hour or so. If changa removes this from the experience and introduces a grogginess, my relationship to it may be shortlived.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 4/30/2010 4:40:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I don’t know for sure the quantity of harmalas in caapi leaves, but I think it’s about 1%. That means you smoked about 0.5-1.0mg harmalas. That’s a very small dose, even smoked.

I often use sublingual harmalas (about 15mg) and rarely feel foggy the next day.

If you don’t like the feel/after-effects of harmalas, but like changa, why not just make a changa blend that doesn’t contain any harmalas?

gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

soulfood
#3 Posted : 4/30/2010 4:54:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'm not farmiliar with the effects of blue lotus, but caapi alone makes me the exact opposite of groggy.

That sounds unusual.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 4/30/2010 5:22:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:

If you don’t like the feel/after-effects of harmalas, but like changa, why not just make a changa blend that doesn’t contain any harmalas?

The whole idea behind changa is that it has some sort of harmala in it.

If the OP wants to he can enhance some lotus on it's own and see how that goes.

gibran2
#5 Posted : 4/30/2010 6:02:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

gammagore wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

The whole idea behind changa is that it has some sort of harmala in it.

If the OP wants to he can enhance some lotus on it's own and see how that goes.

Right. My terminology was off. Instead of using changa, the OP might want to try DMT enhanced leaf.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Dorge
#6 Posted : 5/2/2010 1:36:30 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

exactly... gibran2
exactly....

honestly caapi leaf is VERY clear headed... the benifit of it instead of smoking spice alone is that one can continue to smoke changa for hours with out building up a tolerance... you cannot do this with spice alone. But smoking caapi is much different then spice alone.

Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

TrustLoveMan
#7 Posted : 7/4/2010 1:17:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible to smoke the fresh leafs? Or do you have to dry them?
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

soulfood
#8 Posted : 7/4/2010 1:34:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

TrustLoveMan wrote:
Is it possible to smoke the fresh leafs? Or do you have to dry them?

Fresh leaves will contain water, so they won't burn very well.

Phantastica
#9 Posted : 7/16/2010 7:09:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what is the recommended method of caapi leaves ratio when smoking by itself? Is 1x enough to feel the effects of it, or do you guys increase its concentration, for ex. 10x..20x..? What concentration do you guys increase it to? And are there any herbs/blends, which will potentiate/enhance its effects?
<3

gammagore
#10 Posted : 7/16/2010 9:06:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phantastica wrote:
what is the recommended method of caapi leaves ratio when smoking by itself? Is 1x enough to feel the effects of it, or do you guys increase its concentration, for ex. 10x..20x..? What concentration do you guys increase it to? And are there any herbs/blends, which will potentiate/enhance its effects?

What effects are you expecting from the smoked caapi leaf? I dont get any noticable effects from caapi leaf alone, but if some spice is vaped after a bowl of leaf well then that's a different story....

Im not sure what you mean by "increase its concentration". If I do make a 10x ala dorge, I use that for my changa, and not for smoking on its own.

Phantastica
#11 Posted : 7/16/2010 10:01:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
What effects are you expecting from the smoked caapi leaf?

from people's replies over here, it seems that people smoke caapi alone, so that's why i asked. also, i just smoked 3 fatty bowls of caapi leaves a little while ago, and after about 10 minutes, i felt a subtle relaxing high which only lasted for 45-60min.
do you know why i experienced these effects, because i've smoked a lot of rue before with no effects whatsoever, which has a higher harmala content.

gammagore wrote:
Im not sure what you mean by "increase its concentration". If I do make a 10x ala dorge, I use that for my changa, and not for smoking on its own.

since i was under the impression that people do smoke just caapi leaves as well, i figured that a higher concentration of say 10x or 20x would result in a more pronounced and longer-lasting high. since i experienced subtle effects from just 1x caapi leaves, i'm assuming that a higher concentration will have a higher degree of effects.
Gamma have you not felt anything from just the leaves alone even at a 10x or 20x concentration..?
<3

gammagore
#12 Posted : 7/16/2010 10:20:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im not sure how many members here smoke Caapi leaf on its own, ive only ever smoked it a few times on its own, but most times if I do smoke the leaf il make use of the MAOI and vape some spice.

I cant say why you felt effects from the leaf and not from rue, there is somthing special about the leaf I suppose, but im sure that if you smoke the 10x ala dorge you will feel even more effects. Smoking a bowl of caapi leaf prior to blast off does wonders.

Phantastica
#13 Posted : 7/16/2010 10:34:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^yea i plan to smoke some changa soon for the first time. my first attempt at smoking some enhanced leaf resulted in failure (probably due to smoking tek), but in retrospect, i feel like the first launch attempt failed only so that i could experience spice with caapi changa for my first time because i didn't have the caapi leaves back then...just some speculation..
<3

State of the Mind
#14 Posted : 7/30/2010 2:25:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jbark wrote:
This morning, however, I feel about 10x as foggy & groggy as I do the day after with pot (I don't smoke often), and the tummy is having words with me. I feel a little weak, unfocused and sssllllloooooowwww.

Is this common? Anyone out there have similar experiences?

I am usure of the effects of Caapi on its own. However I think that the groggy and "sssllllloooooowwww" feelings you are expiriencing here is completely down to the Blue lotus. I went through a phase of smoking blue lotus when I was trying to find a cannabis substitute. I found that it was nice and relaxing, however I found that whenever I smoked over 250mg or so, I would wake up the next morning completely unmotivated. This feeling is different to cannabis, it does not leave me with any mind problems such as paranoia and social anxiety. However for about a day after smoking a good amount of Blue Lotus, I cannot be bothered to do anything. This can be extremely frustrating and is why I refrain from smoking blue lotus.

A quick note, is that the Caapi is more than likely making the blue lotus more potent. This could be the reason why you attained such effects from so little Blue lotus.
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

The_Shaman
#15 Posted : 8/26/2010 3:25:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I actually just the other day tried Caapai leaves and some Blueberry stank nugs in a joint and I have to say, the effect was def noticeable, a wonderful heavy body buzz and overall GOOD feeling that left me feeling quite Spiritual and mellow.

I wouldn't do it all the time, I like my Mj for playing music and other activities. But when I just want to relax and read or meditate, be kinda sloth like,... I think it works great.
Obviously everything the Shaman says is Hyperspace Hyperbole