We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2345NEXT
The Key V2 - DIY Water Pipe Vaporizer Options

Parshvik Chintan
#61 Posted : 6/17/2012 3:31:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

spiceitup wrote:
I'm building a slightly modified version of this based on the supplies I could find at my local hardware store and the bong I have. I think it should work, and I'll post pictures/results when I have them. One question I have before using it is if boiling the brass pieces in water for an hour would be sufficient to get off all the residue. I don't have a torch or anything, but I guess my oven goes to 450-500, which is hotter than boiling water. It seems boiling water, maybe with a small amount of dish soap to help loosen the oils and such, should be sufficient, but I figured I would ask on here in case someone has a better knowledge on the subject. Thanks!

idk if that would work, but i do know soaking them in acetone would..
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ayalove
#62 Posted : 7/7/2012 6:53:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry if this was already posted Razz but the miss labeled piece is A-810 Very happy gunna give this to a friend today....hopefully they will like it!
Looks like the pipe nipple was swapped :/ I got a long one.
"for as long as there is love and light; I will fight for what is right; as a warrior with all my might; I will guarantee that hope shines bright" --Prayer of the Paladin

"If you labor, you are a "laborer", If you work on a farm, you are a "farmer", If you flow, you are a "flower""--Forest Sage

Community, Love and Passion Smile

un-known-ome
#63 Posted : 5/28/2013 3:25:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quick question: I assembled this, but it doesn't quite fit in my waterpipe. How do you size one up and/or what diameter do I need?
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

Electric Kool-Aid
#64 Posted : 5/28/2013 5:56:03 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Is the metal part very small or only a bit?
Looking at the instructions and it looks like there is a rubber washer on there. Did you put one on?

Best thing to do is post a picture of your problem.

I know at the hardware store they sell like 100s of attachments and you can get size up's to what you need. You could even bring just the glass tube (cleaned) and match it up. But you can also measure it and get the part.
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

un-known-ome
#65 Posted : 6/1/2013 2:41:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

Electric Kool-Aid
#66 Posted : 6/5/2013 11:31:52 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Did you ever get it working?
I just thought of an easy way! Elastic bands, lots of them wrapped around!
Either that, or you could slip an actual washer for a hose, the kind that is round but flat on the edges.

The problem you see is the glass is too big on yours. Almost like you need to insert the glass bowl and then the key.

Either way. Update us! Did you get it working yet!?
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

un-known-ome
#67 Posted : 6/5/2013 9:11:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Electric Kool-Aid wrote:
Did you ever get it working?
I just thought of an easy way! Elastic bands, lots of them wrapped around!
Either that, or you could slip an actual washer for a hose, the kind that is round but flat on the edges.

The problem you see is the glass is too big on yours. Almost like you need to insert the glass bowl and then the key.

Either way. Update us! Did you get it working yet!?

No, not yet. I posted the pics and hoped someone would respond with a solution! I actually made this a while ago, and never got around to using it. I have a GVG, but I want to sell it (don't think that's allowed on here?) because I don't really vape that much spice, at all. I had one breakthrough experience, and I'm glad I was able to have that, but I just don't like inhaling things. I just want to have a piece, like the Key V2, that I can slip into a waterpipe in a pinch, if someone wants to smoke.

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

OpeningPandorasBox
#68 Posted : 6/22/2013 9:01:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That bong has a ground glass seal which is different than you would find on cheap bongs. You could try very thick o rings. The only issue with using anything unconventional is that the stem will get very hot and melt things like rubber bands or sections of hose etc. actually if you could find a rubber stopper with a hole or make a hole that might do the trick nicely.

OPB
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

OpeningPandorasBox
#69 Posted : 6/23/2013 8:45:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

reosed wrote:
I'm in the process of building a Key v2. I need to turn down the diameter of the 1/8 inch brass stem. It's jus a few thousands too big for the water bong I just bought. I plan on chucking it up in my drill press and taking a file to it. I have another mod I'd like to try as well.

The mod would be to cut off some of the threads from the top diffuser. This will allow me to keep the screens at the top of that part and allow the cap to look like it's screwed in farther. I'm not really a fan of exposed threads.

I'll let yall know once it's done. I'll post some pics too!

The problem with this mod is that these are pipe threads which means that the threads are tapered. If you turn down the end with the threads the section you have left will still be too tight to thread easily since it is the larger end of the taper. You could turn down the hexagonal end but this would still leave you with exposed threads and nothing comfortable to grip. The only other real option would be to cut new threads on a lathe which is an operation I have done and would not recommend for the novice. Making small threads manually is a pain, making large threads like these is an art.
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

starway6
#70 Posted : 8/30/2013 12:49:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just found this hardware store vaporizer and put a crude one together and the first time vaporized my AC changa without burning anything..!!Very happy
Thanks for the good idea it beats 600 bucks for a vapor geni!!Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin !!

DisEmboDied
#71 Posted : 11/8/2013 1:07:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I suggest using a 'volcano vaporizer liquid pad' as the main screen, with one normal screen on top and bottom.
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

AgentClaret
#72 Posted : 1/23/2014 9:34:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just made one tonite! More like the Key V1 with a couple elements of the Key V2.

I don't really see the point of using it with a water pipe, it works so well and is so smooth the water cooling is not needed! I feel like the bubbling action would goof up the mojo too.

Mine is basically Key1 but with the longer stem piece of Key2 to further isolate the vinyl tube from the hotter parts.

Used probably about 8 screens on the bottom (or lighting) end, 10 just wouldn't hit.

I really like Disembodied's suggestion too. I've never owned a Volcano but I looked into the pads and I feel like I've seen them at a local smoke shop.

I think it will actually work better in a bottom burner like Key1 since it will both hold melted liquid AND diffuse heat. Will probably have to experiment with layers of that and screens but I am overall very pleased.

All the GVG 'snobs' (I mean that playfully, don't get mad) take note: this little contraption is incredible.

Cheers to Pandora! It might have taken awhile but this thing is so good at what it does and so cheap that the community CAN'T ignore it!

Earthwalker
#73 Posted : 1/23/2014 11:01:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I agree , simple , cheap , efficient & works what else could you ask for !!!Thumbs up

3rdI
#74 Posted : 1/23/2014 11:11:16 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Earthwalker wrote:
Yes I agree , simple , cheap , efficient & works what else could you ask for !!!Thumbs up

that it coordinates with one of these

Very happy
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Earthwalker
#75 Posted : 1/23/2014 11:42:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
Earthwalker wrote:

that it coordinates with one of these

Very happy

Lmao thats a beauty !! Laughing

RoGu3
#76 Posted : 4/27/2014 1:37:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My new herb/oil rig Midnight, for Cannabis and DMT. Cost me $70.

Gonna upgrade to a titanium domeless nail. They look so good for DMT

Don't be afraid, Don't be afraid, Let everything flow through you

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

OpeningPandorasBox
#77 Posted : 10/25/2014 7:44:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AgentClaret wrote:
I just made one tonite! More like the Key V1 with a couple elements of the Key V2.

I don't really see the point of using it with a water pipe, it works so well and is so smooth the water cooling is not needed! I feel like the bubbling action would goof up the mojo too.

Mine is basically Key1 but with the longer stem piece of Key2 to further isolate the vinyl tube from the hotter parts.

Used probably about 8 screens on the bottom (or lighting) end, 10 just wouldn't hit.

I really like Disembodied's suggestion too. I've never owned a Volcano but I looked into the pads and I feel like I've seen them at a local smoke shop.

I think it will actually work better in a bottom burner like Key1 since it will both hold melted liquid AND diffuse heat. Will probably have to experiment with layers of that and screens but I am overall very pleased.

All the GVG 'snobs' (I mean that playfully, don't get mad) take note: this little contraption is incredible.

Cheers to Pandora! It might have taken awhile but this thing is so good at what it does and so cheap that the community CAN'T ignore it!

Thanks Agent. I am glad it worked as intended for you. It's abilities always exceeded my expectations yet it never seemed to gain the type of traction seen by "the machine". It is called the key because for those I have seen use it it serves exactly that function, and very reliably so. This forum gave me so much and this was my attempt to give back. It's always good to hear positive reports!

humblebee
#78 Posted : 12/1/2014 7:33:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm totally trying this asap. I've only vaped pure spice alone, but would like to try changa, this looks easy and perfect, thanks for sharing this idea.

I tried searching for "The key v1" as I'd like to see the design and perhaps try it out. I must have done something wrong because I never did find it. Could you direct me to the pics and instructions please?
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

starway6
#79 Posted : 12/4/2014 12:40:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OpeningPandorasBox wrote:
AgentClaret wrote:

Thanks Agent. I am glad it worked as intended for you. It's abilities always exceeded my expectations yet it never seemed to gain the type of traction seen by "the machine". It is called the key because for those I have seen use it it serves exactly that function, and very reliably so. This forum gave me so much and this was my attempt to give back. It's always good to hear positive reports!

Nice to see you back inventer of the key v2!

I used your hardware store pipe instructions and put together a very efective water vaporing pipe...Thanks...

Rifle
#80 Posted : 6/25/2015 8:35:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone know if red brass is worse to use for this? Hardware store I went to only had lead-free red brass and it seemed not as good as the regular brass I got later. It discolored big time when I torched the crap out of it with a big butane torch and the regular did not. There was also some smoke that continued to come off of it as I torched it. Piece was made up of a couple regular brass pieces and a couple red brass, so I can't say for sure what the source of the smoke was, but seemed like it was only coming off the red brass pieces.

Main thing I wanna know tho is whether people who use this without a bong experience a metallic taste being added to the vapor.
She's real. She's got red lips.

«PREV2345NEXT