We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
The Key V2 - DIY Water Pipe Vaporizer Options

OpeningPandorasBox
#1 Posted : 4/29/2010 4:10:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After some more testing and tweaking I have come up with a new design which is MUCH more user friendly.

I call it The Key V2

Assembly is really about as easy as can be possible so anyone with a measurable IQ should be able to whip one up in 5 min or less and for dirt cheap as well.

While testing this version I found it to work even better and solves all of the previous designs problems. Heat is not an issue because you never have to touch the brass until its cashed but even then with its massive capacity reloads will be few and far between.

Basic Assembly instructions - Feel free to vary the sizes of fittings used as this unit was designed to vape changa. Anyone who has tried changa knows that a little changa always turns into alot of changa so I just went ahead and built it big enough to hold a BIG load. However if plain spice is going to be the main fuel then much smaller fittings could be utilized.

First you will need all of this - The screens can be bought at any smoke shop and the o ring comes with any water pipe slide. I just asked and got one for free. NOTE: The piece in the upper right with female threads on both ends appears to have been miss bagged as searching to part number brings up a different fitting. Finding the correct piece visually should not be difficult.

UPDATE: to remove any possible grease or contaminations thoroughly wash and scrub all brass pieces with acetone. Then when dry place in oven at a very high temp like 600 degrees for an hour or two. Even better yet heat each piece with a propane torch thoroughly. This should vaporize any residue on the fittings.

Then assemble as follows - I will not go into as much detail this time because if you cant figure it out your not going to be able to obtain spice anyways.

Then with this piece assembled drop in 5 screens

Now thread in the 1/8" pipe

Now take the fitting with the larger 3/8" female threads and push 5 more screens into the threads

Now just assemble the two pieces you have made

Slide on your O-ring and your done

IMPORTANT UPDATE: If you push the screens down further in the threads it works even better and still wont burn the herb even if you try!

Happy Vaping!

Please post your experiences with The Key V2

OPB
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

stevowitz
#2 Posted : 4/29/2010 4:28:00 AM

The Dude

You sir...are a freakin genius!

thank you :]

will be making a trip to the hardware store very soon now...

EDIT: I wonder if a person could make this from the build-a-pipe parts in alot of head shops???
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

OpeningPandorasBox
#3 Posted : 4/29/2010 7:11:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the kind words!

Just a few quick notes

If your using pure spice use more screens on the bottom so it does not just run through them 7-10 seems like a good number.

Use a few good strong lighters because using one can get difficult as the wheel on the lighter will tend to get hot after repeated use.

As with all vaporizers your best off if the herbs are very finely shredded but not quiet powdered. I throw them in a coffee grinder for a fraction of a second to get them to a fluffy consistency.

Also any feedback you can offer would be very appreciated!
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

OpeningPandorasBox
#4 Posted : 4/30/2010 5:24:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did some more testing last night and it works better than I had even hoped! With nice slow inhales it gets up to temp fairly quick but won't burn the herb as hard as I try! After continued vaping the herbs turn nice and dark and crumbly ensuring that all the goodies are extracted.

Tested it using both regular and torch style lighters and both work phenomenally.

Big Inhale
#5 Posted : 4/30/2010 5:30:18 PM

The Enlightend One

Seems like a good idea except for the brass maybe stainless steel would work better
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

OpeningPandorasBox
#6 Posted : 4/30/2010 7:14:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Both brass and steel are common in smoking pipes of all kinds. Stainless would have been my first choice but good luck finding stainless fittings in a hardware store. Most briar pipes have some brass internals and utilize brass screens so brass is relatively "safe". No form of smoking is healthy really but atleast with this vaporizer you aren't inhaling burning plant material smoke and carcinogens. I chose brass as the lesser of two evils.

OpeningPandorasBox
#7 Posted : 5/4/2010 6:27:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I also have an idea for a future modification that I believe will make it work even better.

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#8 Posted : 5/4/2010 6:39:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
Wonderful idea! Keep them coming. Cooling the smoke through water does wonders for the vocal cords, which are quite important to singers such as my friend. This is why he modified The Key 1.0 to include water filtration.

Dimitrius
#9 Posted : 5/4/2010 12:00:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sweet.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

OpeningPandorasBox
#10 Posted : 5/4/2010 9:53:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha wrote:
Wonderful idea! Keep them coming. Cooling the smoke through water does wonders for the vocal cords, which are quite important to singers such as my friend. This is why he modified The Key 1.0 to include water filtration.

I find that very little water is needed to achieve the effect. If you require more water I would highly recommend using a torch lighter as the bubble surges with deep water tend to put the bic out. I find that the more I use this device the more I enjoy it. How the lighter flickers and water gurgles...it reminds me of starting an old engine. The ambiance of using The Key in a dark room is phenomenal as it has a soft and slow strobe light flickering effect which along with the rhythmic gurgling of the water pipe can be very mesmerizing as you creep into hyperspace.

Im using it at the time of this writing and have to say a blend of peppermint changa is ecstasy. Even non infused herbs like damiana alone seems to potentate and be very pleasant and even quite tasty.

TheHappiestLittleNug
#11 Posted : 5/5/2010 3:26:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Will v.3 be diffused???
The internet is a medium for the free exchange of ideas. Please take everything that is stated there with a large grain of salt because it is all lies. Especially my posts!

Touche Guevara
#12 Posted : 5/5/2010 4:47:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

One could generate diffusion by filling the pipe's water reservoir with small marbles. I saw a video of this being done with one of those HMK hash oil pipes, and instead of marbles the dude used bits of a broken pyrex dish.

OpeningPandorasBox
#13 Posted : 5/5/2010 10:16:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just had my world rocked by this device. Never before have I gone so far so unknowingly. This is an honest word of caution. I have smoked out of many devices but have never been so rocketed into hyperspace delusion as with this. It was indescribable and unimaginably overwhelming. I considered myself experienced but now think of myself as humbled. Be forewarned...only load as much as you can handle. The amount of spice vaporized with little if any harshness or effort is astounding.

If there are any doubters out there try building it, load it with a stout dose and report back...

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 5/5/2010 3:34:20 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

OpeningPandorasBox wrote:
Just had my world rocked by this device. Never before have I gone so far so unknowingly. This is an honest word of caution. I have smoked out of many devices but have never been so rocketed into hyperspace delusion as with this. It was indescribable and unimaginably overwhelming. I considered myself experienced but now think of myself as humbled. Be forewarned...only load as much as you can handle. The amount of spice vaporized with little if any harshness or effort is astounding.

If there are any doubters out there try building it, load it with a stout dose and report back...

Just a dose of rationality...the experience referenced was 250mg of spice (even out of a one hitter with no leaf bed or ash cover that would most likely rock your world).

I don't doubt that this device works, but I would like to point out that any device with better efficiency than a lightbulb will rock your world when loaded with "a stout dose".

I'm not knocking your key, especially as I've never tried it, but let's try to keep our wits about us and look at the factors of your most recent trip in a rational way before touting this device as the main cause of the experience.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

OpeningPandorasBox
#15 Posted : 5/5/2010 6:22:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
OpeningPandorasBox wrote:

Just a dose of rationality...the experience referenced was 250mg of spice (even out of a one hitter with no leaf bed or ash cover that would most likely rock your world).

I don't doubt that this device works, but I would like to point out that any device with better efficiency than a lightbulb will rock your world when loaded with "a stout dose".

I'm not knocking your key, especially as I've never tried it, but let's try to keep our wits about us and look at the factors of your most recent trip in a rational way before touting this device as the main cause of the experience.

I completely agree. The dose was way too much and is the obvious reason why I went so far, but I was more referring to the ease of inhaling that much spice without even knowing. I had planned to span that dose out but actually vaped the majority right off the bat. I have never achieved such a level before and not because I havent tried but because I can never vaporize enough spice or cannot handle harshness with most other devices. That was what I was referring to and why I was stating some caution.

Also as a side note I did write that while still barely holding on to reality. I try to avoid non sober posts but sometimes when your in such awe of what you felt and experienced you just have to verbalize it... A feeling I am sure most of you know well.

I do appreciate your input and clarification

SnozzleBerry
#16 Posted : 5/5/2010 7:25:08 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Well, if it was as smooth as you say, you may have very well designed an awesome low-budget alternative for those who don't have VG funds or prefer DIY style rigs. That's awesome, my only caution would be to make sure your screens/pieces are devoid of grease or any other manufacturer's coating. I'm glad that you are doing well following your experience and that your creation worked out so favorably.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

gibran2
#17 Posted : 5/5/2010 7:58:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

As was suggested in your experience thread, it’s unlikely you actually vaporized 250mg of DMT. Pipe screens can only accommodate so much liquid DMT – the rest just runs down the stem. (Hot liquid DMT loves to move and migrate.) If you were to dismantle and examine your device closely, you’ll probably find lots of re-solidified DMT lining the inside surfaces.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

OpeningPandorasBox
#18 Posted : 5/5/2010 8:13:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Well, if it was as smooth as you say, you may have very well designed an awesome low-budget alternative for those who don't have VG funds or prefer DIY style rigs. That's awesome, my only caution would be to make sure your screens/pieces are devoid of grease or any other manufacturer's coating. I'm glad that you are doing well following your experience and that your creation worked out so favorably.

You actually gave me an idea which I will implement on my own piece soon. To prevent any grease or contams I did wash the fittings in acetone and then let dry but to take it a step further I will heat each piece as hot as I can with a propane torch or even in the oven at a very high temp. This should vaporize anything on the fittings that could be vaporized with the lower heat of a lighter.

I will add this step to the instructions now.

gibran2 wrote:
As was suggested in your experience thread, it’s unlikely you actually vaporized 250mg of DMT. Pipe screens can only accommodate so much liquid DMT – the rest just runs down the stem. (Hot liquid DMT loves to move and migrate.) If you were to dismantle and examine your device closely, you’ll probably find lots of re-solidified DMT lining the inside surfaces.

It was also on a thick bed of peppermint so that along with the screens should have held at least the majority of it. But as I also posted in the experience thread I agree that the full 250mg was not vaped with the first few tokes...thankfully as that was not my intention and the experience was overwhelming as is. I believe there is still some spice remaining in the partially vaporized herbs as disassembly shows no residue in the neck of the adapter where you would expect a drip or at least some residue to accumulate.

It is also not the intention of this thread to delve into a single experience.

OpeningPandorasBox
#19 Posted : 5/6/2010 6:15:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used a dremel to make some aesthetic improvements

Looks much better in person...had a hard time capturing the detail with the camera

Caapi Vine

Psychotria viridis

Tryptamine

OpeningPandorasBox
#20 Posted : 5/7/2010 9:12:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am fairly amazed at how little response this device has gotten. When I realized people actually make and use the machine I thought this would be an instant hit.

123NEXT»