We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Best Extraction Method for 100g's Mimosa Hostilis? Options

A Slice of Life
#1 Posted : 4/28/2010 9:05:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So my friend just recently acquired 100 grams of Mimosa Hostilis and is wondering, what is the best extraction that he can use for this amount? Thanks in advance Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

gammagore
#2 Posted : 4/28/2010 9:19:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

!00gr is a good amount for a first extraction, all you got to do is check what tek suits you best, available equipment, solvent, time etc...

check through the wiki https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Category:Extraction_Tek there are many teks's there, once you find the tek that suits you, and look though the thread re that tek. there is a wealth of information here.

also take a look through the extraction sub-forum, any questions and just askSmile

Gir
#3 Posted : 4/28/2010 9:25:30 PM

Gir

Gir's wonderfully pictured extraction method

its based off nomans almost down to the letter, say for a few g's off in the lye category.. and it has pretty pictures Smile
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

DeMenTed
#4 Posted : 4/28/2010 9:59:59 PM

Barry

whatchsas tek, i got a gramme from 88g of mhrb

Gir
#5 Posted : 4/28/2010 10:02:59 PM

Gir

DeMenTed wrote:
whatchsas tek, i got a gramme from 88g of mhrb

I would not use this tek, it is too much stuff to do for your first extraction. Stick with a simple tek. no need to do a sodium carb wash, or re-x. BASICS FOR BEGINNERS.

And if you think you have screwed up in ANY way, remember.. you can always recover spice, thats what this forum is here for. Help.

house wrote:

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

mothballz
#6 Posted : 4/29/2010 12:12:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if you have the stuff, i recomend the cake method found under advanced chemistry...not hard at all...super easyVery happy but it's not fast

Gir
#7 Posted : 4/29/2010 3:32:48 PM

Gir

Meh.... The cake method is for extremely large extractions, and storing large amounts. Not recommended for 100g extraction, or the first extraction attempt!! Use a simple STB, watchas, nomans, or if you want to do an A/B..something like panoramix A/B. PLEASE do not use the cake method for your first extraction, not unless its over 1lb.

house wrote:

Smoke Spice, NOW

greymatter
#8 Posted : 4/29/2010 4:08:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i've used it many times.(the cake method)..though designed for large amounts...the process is quite adaptable for whatever amount....i also recomend it but instead of playing with the defat and the A/B flip-flop...go staight to base(stb) after the meoh or other alchol is evaporated
it goes like this: especially designed for you!
100ml h20+25grams naoh)+1liter meoh)+ 100grams mhrb
let it sit in a hot water bath but dont boil for 4 hours or at room temp 24hrs
filter w a large sheer cloth
evaporate the meoh COMPLEATLY!!!!!(patience)
add a little h20 if necessary and rebasify with 25 grams naoh
add NPS seperate and evapap and enjoy!

i promise it's that easy!

Gir
#9 Posted : 4/29/2010 4:20:56 PM

Gir

greymatter wrote:
i've used it many times.(the cake method)..though designed for large amounts...the process is quite adaptable for whatever amount....i also recomend it but instead of playing with the defat and the A/B flip-flop...go staight to base(stb) after the meoh or other alchol is evaporated
it goes like this: especially designed for you!
100ml h20+25grams naoh)+1liter meoh)+ 100grams mhrb
let it sit in a hot water bath but dont boil for 4 hours or at room temp 24hrs
filter w a large sheer cloth
evaporate the meoh COMPLEATLY!!!!!(patience)
add a little h20 if necessary and rebasify with 25 grams naoh
add NPS seperate and evapap and enjoy!

i promise it's that easy!

OR:

add lye to water.. add mhrb to water.. wait 1 hr.. add naptha, roll 5 minutes, pull 1st pull, add more, second, third, 4th overnight, evap nap 40-50%, add to freezer, go to sleep..wake up. DMT.

. . . . . NOMANS ^^^^^^^

edit: sorry I just dont see much point if it is a first extraction, why you wouldnt just recommend an easy to follow tek..yes no?

love you anyways Smile

-gir

house wrote:

Smoke Spice, NOW

jbark
#10 Posted : 4/29/2010 4:34:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey g1risMethyl, sounds too easy to be true. good pic tek btw. What's the downside? I used muriatic acid for my first A/B extraction (old QT tek I got from Erowid), but your version of noman's seems much easier. I assumed it wouldn't work with powdered MHRB, but lo and behold, there's powder in dem dar pics!

Is the downside yield? unless i missed it, you didn't post yield as a quantity or percentage. Why isn't everyone doing it this way if it's so much easier!Shocked

As you can see slice of ife, a simple question yields a thousand simple responses. In my limited experience, all of these sound like good suggestions. Just pick one, go with it, and try another one after if you want a simpler tek, or a faster tek, or a foodsafe tek. Eveyone has their favourite; they all ead to the same place - hyperspace!

cheers,
JBArk

JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Gir
#11 Posted : 4/29/2010 6:04:32 PM

Gir

jbark wrote:
hey g1risMethyl, sounds too easy to be true. good pic tek btw. What's the downside? I used muriatic acid for my first A/B extraction (old QT tek I got from Erowid), but your version of noman's seems much easier. I assumed it wouldn't work with powdered MHRB, but lo and behold, there's powder in dem dar pics!

Is the downside yield? unless i missed it, you didn't post yield as a quantity or percentage. Why isn't everyone doing it this way if it's so much easier!Shocked

As you can see slice of ife, a simple question yields a thousand simple responses. In my limited experience, all of these sound like good suggestions. Just pick one, go with it, and try another one after if you want a simpler tek, or a faster tek, or a foodsafe tek. Eveyone has their favourite; they all ead to the same place - hyperspace!

cheers,
JBArk

my yeild wasnt hindered that much. The total % was 1.8% of MHRB, a little over 1.7g. ill post it now thanks Smile

house wrote:

Smoke Spice, NOW

jbark
#12 Posted : 5/1/2010 3:25:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

g1risMethyl - Might follow your tek with 300g of MHRB I got my hands on. Especially after wasting 500 mg of spice on the "Great Acetone/Graduated Cylinder Disaster of 2010"Shocked Crying or very sad

But you list your percentage as 1.8%. Is that an error - that's incredibly highShocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked . listed MHRB dmt content is 0.57 % I believe, and my 1st extraction yielded about 0.8%.

So if you got 1.8% for real, I'm all over that!

Cheers,
JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

A Slice of Life
#13 Posted : 5/1/2010 11:22:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Already have some crystals forming and I've only done one pull and it's only been in the freezer for a few hours Smile

consciousness
#14 Posted : 5/2/2010 1:48:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

A Slice of Life wrote:
Already have some crystals forming and I've only done one pull and it's only been in the freezer for a few hours Smile

Good job! Swim recently did his first extraction and learned (the hard way) that after decanting the naptha (save it) to put the jar upside-down in the freezer resting on its lid for maybe an hour or so to keep the remaining naptha cold while it drains so it doesn't re-dissolve the crystals. Then take the collection jar out of the freezer and let it sit with the lid off for a few hours until all the naptha is evaporated.

lucious101
#15 Posted : 5/2/2010 4:38:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

an important thing to remember people (those talking about yields and such) is that a lot of this depends on the quality of your root bark.

Not all vendors are created equal

My never ending goal is to completely dissolve into the fabrics of the universe and feel and experience the inner workings of love and consciousness that connect every living thing in this life...

DISCLAIMER: I am not real but just a figment of your imagination...

A Slice of Life
#16 Posted : 5/5/2010 5:08:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I've basically got nothing so far. No idea where I went wrong Sad No snowglobes really. Only got a tiny tiny amount of white crystals, and a little but more of yellow pasty kinda stuff. Figure I have enough for one hit and nothing more. Soo disappointed and have no idea how I can salvage this extraction.

Touche Guevara
#17 Posted : 5/5/2010 3:37:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Try evapping off some of the naptha and freeze-precipping again. Or just do more pulls.

The naptha has to be super-saturated with spice before it will crash out in the freezer. There's going to be some left after you precip as well, so save that solvent.

q21q21
#18 Posted : 5/5/2010 5:11:34 PM

SWIM

Step 1:Find some lime
Step 2: do q21q21's tek
Step 3:get great yield
Step 4: ELVES?????
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

narmz
#19 Posted : 5/5/2010 5:42:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
Step 2Very happyo q21q21's tek

...Or, you could follow Amor fati's Nontoxic tek, which is basically the same, but much easier to follow Smile

SWIM personally would suggest just following the BLAB and adjusting the ratios based on how much material you are using.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

q21q21
#20 Posted : 5/5/2010 5:51:25 PM

SWIM

narmz wrote:
q21q21 wrote:
Step 2Very happyo q21q21's tek

...Or, you could follow Amor fati's Nontoxic tek, which is basically the same, but much easier to follow Smile

SWIM personally would suggest just following the BLAB and adjusting the ratios based on how much material you are using.

Now that is just false, and rude...

sorry if the revolutionary acetate tincture is too complicated... but the whole tek is easier than baking cookies.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

12NEXT