We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT TIMELINE Options

ChasingClouds23
#1 Posted : 4/28/2010 3:08:05 AM

Jeremy Stotter

so.. take in mind this is not the actual ayahuasca i am preparing...

last night, after reading articles about Jurema Preta and cold water infusions, i was somewhat curious about making a mimosa drink by it self..
or just at least an experiment before the actual aya journey.. but last night i put around 40 gms of MHRB in an container and for the kick of it i added around 20-30 gms of caapi vine i just had shredded, i thought i wouldnt hurt to put some in there because maybee it would make my little concoction more potent, i then squeezed a lemon in and added one emergen-c packet (not sure why just thought it might help).. afteri stirred it up and stuck it in the fridge...

now here is the question.. should i simply just strain it more as in normal Jurema Preta traditon or boil it just long enough so its down to a little less than a cup... more like aya,
i have heard that you are not supposed to heat mimosa because something about the alkaloids being destroyed in heat but then i have read reports of putting both MHRB and caapi in one big pot and boiling it. so i am kind of lost..

keep in mind this is purely experimentational and i would not be suprised if somewhere in the process i made it go dud..

but anyways i was wondering what you all thought might be best in terms of what i should do with it from here

thank you!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

skizocreep
#2 Posted : 4/28/2010 12:28:47 PM

satan

DMT TIMELINE..

Late 8th Century Burial site in N. chile includes bag with snuffing paraphernalia and snuff remnants containing DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, & Bufotenine. Other sites include seeds of Anadenanthera spp.

1496 Friar Ramon Pane documented the use of a psychoactive snuff called cohoba/yopo among the Taino who inhabited the island of Hispaniola (Haiti/Dominican Republic). It is now agreed that cohoba/yopo was almost certainly made from Anadenanthera peregrina which contains N,N-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, and Bufotenin. 1 [Details]

16th - 19th Century Cohoba snuff from the Yopo tree used by natives of Columbia and surrounding areas.

1560 Indians along the Rio Guaviare in Colombia take Yopo along with tobacco.

1571 Incan medicine men make prophecies through inebriation brought about by drinking vilca, a DMT containing preparation of A. colubrina.

1741 A Jesuit writes about cohoba use by the native people between Colombia and Venezuela.

1801 Baron Alexander Humboldt identified the yopo tree as Anadenanthera peregrina

1931 DMT first synthesized by British chemist Richard Manske and named "nigerine".

1939 Virola genus identified as the source of a psychoactive snuff called epena used in Amazoniana Columbia, Venezuela and Western Brazil.

1955 n,n-DMT is identified as one of the psychoactive ingredients of the A. peregrina seeds used to make cohoba snuff. This marked the first time
that n,n-DMT was discovered naturally occuring in a plant or animal. 2

Mar 1968 U.S.: The Bureau of Drug Abuse Control notes in Microgram that DMT is available on the street, both as a powder, and "impregnated on marihuana and tea". 3
1971 N,N-DMT becomes illegal in the U.S. with the passage of the 1971 Convention on Psychotropic Substances.
IF TIME WERE SPACE HISTORY
WOULD BE A COBWEB..... I AM A CERTIFIED PATHOLOGICAL LIAR

Dimitrius
#3 Posted : 4/28/2010 2:15:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool.

I find it interesting that DMT was synthesized 20-something years before it was found in nature.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

jungleheart
#4 Posted : 4/28/2010 2:44:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sources?

endlessness
#5 Posted : 4/28/2010 2:48:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

its a cool idea, thanks for that skizocreep

addition of sources would indeed be good

other events interesting to add would be more dates related to ayahuasca, as well as, if possible, find out when was it that nick sands discovered for first time dmt freebase can be smoked

also rick strassman's research, and of course, the nexus Very happy

bufoman
#6 Posted : 4/28/2010 3:19:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Looks good I would add the following:

Hungarian Chemist, Stephen Szára discovered DMT's psychoactive effects in man by self IM injection (mid 1950's)

Nicks Sands discovered DMT could be freeebased (Not sure the year sometime late 1960's)

Also should add when the extraction techniques were developed... and refined.... (don't know the year I am sure someone here does though)

Pandora
#7 Posted : 4/28/2010 3:33:20 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

AWESOME!
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

skizocreep
#8 Posted : 4/28/2010 3:40:24 PM

satan

jungleheart wrote:
Sources?

Its a collection of information ive learned in the process of becoming acquainted with the entheogen...

FROM;terence mckenna,strassman,to scott peterson a shaman you runs a refuge that uses ayahausca for healing people.
IF TIME WERE SPACE HISTORY
WOULD BE A COBWEB..... I AM A CERTIFIED PATHOLOGICAL LIAR

universecannon
#9 Posted : 4/28/2010 3:48:27 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

nice ideaVery happy

thanks skizocreep

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

jungleheart
#10 Posted : 4/28/2010 3:54:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skizocreep wrote:
jungleheart wrote:
Sources?

Its a collection of information ive learned in the process of becoming acquainted with the entheogen...

FROM;terence mckenna,strassman,to scott peterson a shaman you runs a refuge that uses ayahausca for healing people.

Right on.

jamie
#11 Posted : 4/28/2010 4:21:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Interesting..though I think most of the stuff on vilca and yopo isnt correct..yopo/vilca get lumped in with DMT far too often..I have never had any DMT effects at all from anadenanthera..the main effects are from bufotenine. What little DMT might actaully be in the seeds is prob vaped away durring the roasting process..leaving bufotenine as the main psychoactive tryptamine..I know that they did used to think that it was DMT that was the main compound, but I think its become apparent that bufotenine is quite active on its own.

App in some rare cases yopo(perigrina) does seem to have a good ammount of DMT..but it's not the norm.

Nick sands discoveries and the ayahuasca timeline would be a good addition like endless says..also maybe something about virola calophyla..jurema, and new plants that are being used today as well like acacia and even phalaris.
Long live the unwoke.

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 4/28/2010 4:49:36 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

jungleheart wrote:
skizocreep wrote:
jungleheart wrote:
Sources?

Right on.

It would be nice to develop this out by making a more comprehensive timeline (as far as information that can be found on human dmt use) and putting in real source info (like footnotes at the end of each line with correctly cited sources attached to them), this could be included in information located within CEL for those individuals who wanted to see a timeline of human/dmt relations...
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור