We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
changa ingredient identifcation - pics Options

jbark
#1 Posted : 4/27/2010 7:36:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I need help identifying a few things and advice concerning the use of others. I was recently given a care package in exchange for some fungus. In it was a 20g bag of caapi leaves (what I was really doing the trade for), some powdered damiana, powdered wormwood, some anise (??!!), some blue lotus and some sacred lotus.

Questions:

A) what the hell, beyond cooking , is anise used for?
B) The blue lotus pictured below doesn't look like the blue lotus I have seen in pics on the nexus. Is it the real deal? (they don't look like petals to me, and they certainly aren't blue)
C) the sacred lotus bag looks like it contains stamens. Is this normal? What can it be used for? Changa?
D) the damiana is powdered - can it still be used for changa? if not, then for what?
E) And the wormwood? other than absinthe, I mean? smokeable? Changable (invented verb!!)?

Thanks. Pics of most below. sorry for the quality, they're Iphone shots - the only camera I had available. It doesn't focus very close, so if you need other pics for clarification, just let me know.

JBArk
jbark attached the following image(s):
april 2010 025.jpg (599kb) downloaded 205 time(s).
april 2010 230.jpg (591kb) downloaded 206 time(s).
april 2010 313.jpg (750kb) downloaded 206 time(s).
april 2010 026.jpg (701kb) downloaded 205 time(s).
april 2010 040.jpg (749kb) downloaded 206 time(s).
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 4/28/2010 6:38:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like dried Blue Lotus to me (a little colorworn, but the texture of the leaves seems right). Stems, pollens, and any other part of the flower are perfectly smokeable.

If you smoke it and it tastes like birthday cake... it is definitely blue lotus. Cool
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Dorge
#3 Posted : 4/28/2010 6:56:31 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

jbark wrote:
I need help identifying a few things and advice concerning the use of others. I was recently given a care package in exchange for some fungus. In it was a 20g bag of caapi leaves (what I was really doing the trade for), some powdered damiana, powdered wormwood, some anise (??!!), some blue lotus and some sacred lotus.

Questions:

A) what the hell, beyond cooking , is anise used for?
B) The blue lotus pictured below doesn't look like the blue lotus I have seen in pics on the nexus. Is it the real deal? (they don't look like petals to me, and they certainly aren't blue)
C) the sacred lotus bag looks like it contains stamens. Is this normal? What can it be used for? Changa?
D) the damiana is powdered - can it still be used for changa? if not, then for what?
E) And the wormwood? other than absinthe, I mean? smokeable? Changable (invented verb!!)?
JBArk

anise is a good flavor addative... and it is good for removing the evil eye...
http://www.botanical.com...cal/mgmh/a/anise040.html
also dont use oils as an additive.

powdered damiana... well besides being slightly smokable... and falvorful... nothing really there. its an aphrodisiac mostly, and not a very good one either.... taste good though. http://www.botanical.com...cal/mgmh/d/damian05.html
dont use powders...

lotus is nice... may bring a nice element to it... people seem to like it. symbolically its very powerful.

worm wood... well... its a terrible smoke. tastes awefull... the tannins are the part that has the thujones in it... and really you dont need that with changa.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Dimitrius
#4 Posted : 4/28/2010 2:08:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, the blue lily isn't blue/purple/indigo....They look like they might be really old, "colorless" blue lily petals. The texture, as far as I can tell, has that sort of velvety softness that blue lily does, and the way the one in the top left is furled is very blue lily. I have a couple pics for you to compare with. They should have a particular smell too, old or fresh...haha, but I can't smell them for you from here.

I've never had Sacred Lotus, but those look like they might be the stamens of it. Probably.

But yeah, the blue lily...even if it is blue lily, it's non-blue, brown blue lily. So, not so good quality, lol.
Dimitrius attached the following image(s):
blue lily 1.jpg (99kb) downloaded 146 time(s).
blue lily 2.jpg (83kb) downloaded 143 time(s).
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

jbark
#5 Posted : 4/28/2010 2:23:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone!

ms_manic_minxx wrote:

Quote:
If you smoke it and it tastes like birthday cake... it is definitely blue lotus.

Actually, it did taste uncannily like birthday cake, particularly vanilla icing! never would have made the connection - good observation ms_manic_minxx!

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.