We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
DMT and DMSO?? Options

XENONSION
#41 Posted : 4/2/2008 4:56:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yea, i was thinking i remember reading that somewhere, perhaps shulgin wrote about it. But it was a vague memory. I only seen a couple tiny specks in my solution, could have just been dust, who knows, lol.

I'm drying out as much moisture as possible, then i guess i will proceed and see what (if anything) happens.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

XENONSION
#42 Posted : 4/2/2008 3:02:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

50mg of the salt.

The irritation of the skin was still there, though not as bad. I did notice a slight rise in heart rate. This could be either the dmt, or placebo type effect. I was calm for the first 5 min, and then noticed my heart rate has gone up noticeably.

Visually, i think i noticed a SLIGHT rotation in the peripherals. Nothing out of the ordinary otherwise.

It's now been 15 min since applied. and still feel nothing. After all of this, I don't find dmt can be effectively administered through the skin via DMSO. I have tried up to 75mg of the freebase, and 50mg of the salt form. Neither of which proved to be effective.

If someone wishes to try this sublingually, go for it. But you won't find me putting DMSO into my mouth anytime soon, lol.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

rbwoodward
#43 Posted : 4/2/2008 8:42:43 PM

Ryan

Regarding DMSO crossing the b/b barrier, it doesn't appear to be able to cross due to its polarity. That does not mean that things dissolved in DMSO can not cross, selectively, this barrier. Its like if you took a pill from a bottle - the medicines often cross the blood/brain barrier, but the binders, die and other crap do not.

Yeah, DMSO through the mouth..gross. Did you notice any of the garlic taste that accompanies DMSO on the skin?

Im thinking the major restriction in this working is the absorbtion process. It probably goes through the fatty tissue to be released far too slowly for any effects.

XENONSION
#44 Posted : 4/2/2008 9:23:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Strangely enough, i've never noticed any taste at all. The dose today had quite a bit of dmso, enough to saturate my forearm from wrist to elbow. Yet still no noticeable taste that i could pick out. The smell isn't that bad after you apply it either. It fades pretty quickly.

I still have quite a bit of this stuff left, I may experiment with other substances in the future. Consider the DMT trials completed, lol.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

69ron
#45 Posted : 6/20/2008 7:21:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tested DMT fumarate in DMSO sublingually. SWIM also tested freebase DMT in DMSO sublingually.

He didn’t try large doses, because he read about someone blacking out after using 10 mg sublingually this way. So he started testing at 0.5 mg. He didn’t feel anything until about 5 mg was used. That 10 mg dose causing a blackout must have been a hoax (or maybe 5-MeO-DMT mistaken as DMT) because when SWIM tried 10 mg it barely did anything at all, but it does work sublingually.

There’s a difference between freebase DMT and DMT fumarate when taken sublingually with DMSO. The freebase form burns your tongue, the fumarate doesn’t. They are both about as active.

To give you a good idea of the potency, when SWIM vaporizes 10 mg of freebase DMT and inhales it all in one shot, it’s enough for light visual effects. For SWIM this is the threshold visual dose. Any less and it’s very hard to notice the visual effects. But 10 mg taken sublingually only produces melatonin like effects, no visuals. So this is about maybe equal to 2-4 mg of vaporized DMT for SWIM.

To date SWIM has not taken a large dose sublingually and so he has only experienced very light visual effects, tingling, and melatonin like effects from it. It seems to peak after 30 minutes this way. The effects last about 1-2 hours. It’s likely that 50-100 mg will be needed for decent visual effects.

As far as the taste goes, the yucky plastic taste of the DMT overwhelms the taste of the DMSO at first. But after the plastic taste fades, you’re left with DMSO breath for a few hours and nothing will get rid of it because its inside the membranes of your mouth.

When using 99.99% food grade DMSO, what’s the best amount of DMT to add? Should the DMSO be saturated with DMT or highly diluted?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

XENONSION
#46 Posted : 6/20/2008 9:46:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

from what i've read, you shouldn't use 99% dmso. try around 75- 80% or so. Some of the literature i came across stated the absorbtion rates and such were not the best with 99%.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

69ron
#47 Posted : 6/21/2008 12:51:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wouldn't that apply more to topical applications?

I would imagine that saliva would quickly dilute the DMSO when used sublingually.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

XENONSION
#48 Posted : 6/21/2008 3:34:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dunno..have not seen anything about eating the stuff. just about applying it to the skin. I think the link to the article is posted a few pages back.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

damiana
#49 Posted : 3/30/2009 8:53:35 AM

Cosmic Dragon

I'm guessing at this point DMT and DMSO needs an MAOI to create strong effects. Soon SWIM will let me know. peace.
PEACE

Faust
#50 Posted : 3/30/2009 3:08:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
Quote:
Entropymancer said:

Take a little water, put it on top of your freebase spice. Add HCl one drop at a time, stirring after each drop (every drop will form more water-soluble DMT HCl) until all spice is dissolved. I believe when injecting, one aims for a final pH of 6. Gimme a few minutes, I think I might be able to turn up some handy links....

DMT HCl IV Experiments

Converting DMT Freebase to Salt

Quote:
Noman said

DMT HCl is easy enough to make a solution of (cover freebase with DH2O, add HCl drop by drop until the DMT dissolves)

I saw this comment and crossposted to the Shroomery. enesi (who's trying it over there) immediately asked the same question. This was my answer.

Interesting information, thanks Smile
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Sir Isaac Newton

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Faust
#51 Posted : 3/30/2009 3:16:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Master of plants wrote:
What´s DMSO anyway?

Dimethylsulfoxide Gel for suspending drugs in a cream to rub on the skin or put under the tongue.

http://www.amazon.com/Gi...k-DMSO-Gel/dp/B0017RLKHM
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Sir Isaac Newton

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

obliguhl
#52 Posted : 7/11/2010 4:01:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've just tried 10mg fumarate in dmso sublingually ...but only applied it for a few minutes because of the burning pain. Still somewhat active and its still rising after 15 minutes. Wouldn't do it again propably. Didn't think about what could be carried over into the bloodstream. But at the other hand side, i've taken harmalas sublingually no problem. But without DMSO.

Maybe someone can elaboratre more on the risks.

Dr_Sister
#53 Posted : 12/14/2010 11:29:22 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Curious if anyone had tried transdermal administration of DMT via DMSO (Dimethylsulfoxide).

Sister knows that vets use it a lot to administer to animals and have read about people with arthritis using it to administer topical NSAIDs and analgesics. The reports Sister has read seem to indicate it is an effective route.

Sister understands that extremely pure DMT would be required as it should in theory be similar to IV or IM administration.

gammagore
#54 Posted : 12/14/2010 11:40:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme
#55 Posted : 12/15/2010 12:34:48 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

not surprisingly, there have been a few reports that it's ineffective
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Mindlusion
#56 Posted : 12/15/2010 1:35:10 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Even if it is ineffective, I think it would be awesome to have an entire body oil massage with some kind of oil or DMSO with DMT dissolved into it.

And to up the effects, maybe some sublingual spice?
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Tangarine_Dreams
#57 Posted : 12/15/2010 4:27:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i always figured ud have to scour your skin raw with a metal scrubbie or something. for any trans d drug with dmso that wasnt dosed in ug. maybe salvinorin a?

benzyme
#58 Posted : 12/15/2010 5:19:22 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

??
why?

any drug that wasn't susceptible to rapid deactivation by oxidase enzymes should work fine
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

۩
#59 Posted : 12/15/2010 6:36:48 AM

D-Limo works but it's bad for your skin. This has been confirmed.

Find something that works that's good for your skin. Try coconut or sesame oil or something.

Dr_Sister
#60 Posted : 12/15/2010 2:16:14 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

benzyme wrote:
not surprisingly, there have been a few reports that it's ineffective

Do you recall any of the details? Amounts used, area of body applied to etc.

Dr_Sister was thinking wrists, temples or inner thighs

PREV1234NEXT