We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
VG vs GVG? Options

smri
#61 Posted : 11/16/2011 8:09:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I think this shouldn't be the case but I find the VG not as effective as a normal glass piece(bowl). I had a VG once and let a few friends try it first, and it naturally seemed to go out of my reach before I got a chance to try it.
I heard that it was the best way for some people to blast off so I recently bought another. However, I can't get nearly the same results with the same dosage as I can with a normal bic and glass piece.
Any suggestions as to why not? I have been trying different lighters, more heat less heat, touch the filter stay far away from filter...I have pretty much given up on the the VG and went back to a decent piece I can pack with stuff, spice, changa, etc, and work my magic with a normal bic; just keep it way far away has always seemed to work for me.
Normally, I get visuals, audio hallucinations, OEV and CEV, etc, but the VG has only made me lightly feel like tripping lately. Time to get the designated glass back out.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tele
#62 Posted : 11/16/2011 10:01:15 PM
Explorer

smri wrote:
So, I think this shouldn't be the case but I find the VG not as effective as a normal glass piece(bowl). I had a VG once and let a few friends try it first, and it naturally seemed to go out of my reach before I got a chance to try it.
I heard that it was the best way for some people to blast off so I recently bought another. However, I can't get nearly the same results with the same dosage as I can with a normal bic and glass piece.
Any suggestions as to why not? I have been trying different lighters, more heat less heat, touch the filter stay far away from filter...I have pretty much given up on the the VG and went back to a decent piece I can pack with stuff, spice, changa, etc, and work my magic with a normal bic; just keep it way far away has always seemed to work for me.
Normally, I get visuals, audio hallucinations, OEV and CEV, etc, but the VG has only made me lightly feel like tripping lately. Time to get the designated glass back out.

Even wooden genie works well. The key is proper screen(copper mesh is good), and torch lighter that's heating it to the ideal temperature. GVG is ideal but VG works too.

The Observer
#63 Posted : 6/27/2012 6:17:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have both the VG and the GVG

I bought the VG at a local shop, while waiting for the GVG to be delivered (GVG must be ordered from vaporgenie.com).

I used the VG several times before the GVG showed up, and found it, after an initial newbie adjustment period, to be VERY effective for successful breathru's.

After using the GVG, the thing I found better about the VG, is that unlike the GVG, it doesn't have a small hole, under where the screen is. The small hole, on mine, restricts the amount of air that can be drawn through the GVG, which makes me have to inhale for a longer period of time to take the full dose.

The VG, on the other hand, has no narrowing of the airway thru the VG and allows for virtually unrestricted airflow as you inhale, This allows me to take the full dose within a second or two.....

I definitely believe the faster you can inhale the full dose, allowing for extra breath to continue to fill your lungs with air, makes a huge difference in the onset and intensity of my experience.

Maybe my GVG has an exceptionally small aperture that restricts the flow more than most, but would really love it if they would make a version, that had unrestricted airflow like the VG, in that regard (ie. a bigger hole in the glass, under where the screen goes in the GVG).

As cool as the GVG is, I don't see any major disadvantages by forgoing the glass. I don't need to see.........

Smoalk more..............

IMHO

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention by using totally fictitious verbiage...........

The above refers to the fictitious 'I'

tele
#64 Posted : 6/27/2012 11:43:32 AM
Explorer

I've used both and I see the major advantage of the GVG to be the visibility of vapor and longer space between the bowl and your mouth. I also see that the carved wooden VG is better than the round one as it doesn't have aluminum connector piece which heats up.

I'm no glass expert but can't you make the hole bigger with some kind of a round file if you want more airflow?

But what's important is getting the dose, of course. In that sense the VG used properly can be just as good as the GVG even if it doesn't look equally cool. Anyways these are just tools to open that weird dimensions door

The Observer wrote:
I have both the VG and the GVG

I bought the VG at a local shop, while waiting for the GVG to be delivered (GVG must be ordered from vaporgenie.com).

I used the VG several times before the GVG showed up, and found it, after an initial newbie adjustment period, to be VERY effective for successful breathru's.

After using the GVG, the thing I found better about the VG, is that unlike the GVG, it doesn't have a small hole, under where the screen is. The small hole, on mine, restricts the amount of air that can be drawn through the GVG, which makes me have to inhale for a longer period of time to take the full dose.

The VG, on the other hand, has no narrowing of the airway thru the VG and allows for virtually unrestricted airflow as you inhale, This allows me to take the full dose within a second or two.....

I definitely believe the faster you can inhale the full dose, allowing for extra breath to continue to fill your lungs with air, makes a huge difference in the onset and intensity of my experience.

Maybe my GVG has an exceptionally small aperture that restricts the flow more than most, but would really love it if they would make a version, that had unrestricted airflow like the VG, in that regard (ie. a bigger hole in the glass, under where the screen goes in the GVG).

As cool as the GVG is, I don't see any major disadvantages by forgoing the glass. I don't need to see.........

Smoalk more..............

IMHO

3rdI
#65 Posted : 6/27/2012 11:46:08 AM

veni, vidi, spici

So, tele, do you like the GVG? would you recommend it??

Very happy
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

elbowcups
#66 Posted : 6/27/2012 12:47:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having used both, I found the GVG much easier to use. Plus I personally like to be able to see the smoke as it twists delicately through the glass! Also, the GVG is great to look at when you're tripping Smile
"...It's just a ride, but we always kill those good guys that tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok, but it doesn't matter, because, it's just a ride..."

~ Bill Hicks

The Observer
#67 Posted : 6/27/2012 1:08:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Elbow........

What was easier to use about the GVG than the VG?

I don't personally agree that the GVG is easier to use.

Other than the top part being threaded (which doesn't cause it to be more difficult to use), I don't see any differeence in ease of use.

Some have mentioned its "faster" to load because the GVG doesn't have a threaded top portion.

I don't really see that as making it easier.......

Please clarify........

I understand many get thrilled to see the vapor moving thru the GVG, but that also, doesn't make it easier to use......

Personally, I like the GVG, however believe the VG, due to the airflow, cost, lack of breakability, etc. make the almost half priced VG the logical answer for anyone wanting a quality device, at as low a cost possible..........

IMHO

aesthetically, the GVG wins.............and all glass is cool..................

but easier?

By the way..........I am usually looking at much more amazing things than the GVG while in hyperspace........

My conclusion is, if needing a high quality device, but have limited funds, definitely go for the VG..........

The best adjustment I made, was to hit both the VG and the GVG hard with the torch, and not to worry about heat control.......ie. even when I hit fast and hard with the torch, using these type of vap's, I don't experience any burning or harshness of the spice....................and when coupled with the greater airflow of the VG, its a winner.......

When using both the VG and the GVG, its sooooooo smooth, that the only way I can tell if I have a hit in my lungs, is to exhale a little, to see if I got it..............Nice.........!!!!!!!

Just saying...........
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention by using totally fictitious verbiage...........

The above refers to the fictitious 'I'

tele
#68 Posted : 6/27/2012 1:12:17 PM
Explorer

about being easier: Maybe seeing the vapor flow starting and ending can help one adjust the temperature properly. For example when the dose is almost finished one applies more heat to get every last bit in single inhalation. It's also more forgiving if one applies too much heat as with the VG the vapor can become noticebaly hot due to short and narrow "tube".

elbowcups
#69 Posted : 6/27/2012 9:23:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sheesh Observer, I feel like you'd be interrogating me in a small dark, smoky (or should that be smoalky??) room with a lamp shone in my face! And I'm sure you do see more amazing things then a GVG, but I wasn't insinuating you should launch and sit there staring at a GVG! :S

Anyways, this:

tele wrote:
about being easier: Maybe seeing the vapor flow starting and ending can help one adjust the temperature properly. For example when the dose is almost finished one applies more heat to get every last bit in single inhalation. It's also more forgiving if one applies too much heat as with the VG the vapor can become noticebaly hot due to short and narrow "tube".
"...It's just a ride, but we always kill those good guys that tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok, but it doesn't matter, because, it's just a ride..."

~ Bill Hicks

MooshyPeaches
#70 Posted : 6/28/2012 12:51:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

GVG hands down. smoke is smooth and easy on lungs + you can see the vapour and how dense/full it is.

however if you dont have the extra $$$ the VG works just as well with a proper smoking method/ some practice

Silly(c)One
#71 Posted : 6/28/2012 1:40:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Observer wrote:

[...]

Ever smoked weed out of a bong ?
Just lift the "bowl" to clear the GVG instantly.

It's the size of the hole that makes the GVG so smooth... and I guess the distance between the ceramic and screen/mesh.

Just keep trying the GVG, in time you'll get it and won't use your VG for spice anymore Pleased

«PREV234