We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Extracting 5-MeO-DMT Options

endlessness
#21 Posted : 9/17/2013 11:02:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you can get virola theiodora RESIN, I think that would likely have more 5-MeO-DMT than all the others.

But most definitely better if you can compare at least two and let us know Smile

BTW, check this for more info:

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...rms_containing_5-MeO-DMT

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Entheogenerator
#22 Posted : 9/17/2013 11:42:52 AM

Homo discens

Thanks, endlessness. I imagine the resin would be much more difficult for me to procure, but I will continue to look into it. Is it not possible to create the resin from the bark, or would that require fresh-off-the-tree bark? I will most likely use two different virola species and do a side-by-side test, then share my results. Probably theiodora and calophylla. Perhaps I will investigate some phalaris too... Might as well go for broke in the name of research! Very happy
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude Page โ‹ Health & Safety โ‹ FAQ โ‹ Known Substance Interactions โ‹ Extraction Teks โ‹ The Machine

endlessness
#23 Posted : 9/17/2013 11:45:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, the resin is inside the bark in theory, but I already heard stories that people first take out the resin and then sell the resinless bark... Maybe its not true.. Its most definitely worth a try!

Entheogenerator
#24 Posted : 9/17/2013 12:34:25 PM

Homo discens

endlessness wrote:
Well, the resin is inside the bark in theory, but I already heard stories that people first take out the resin and then sell the resinless bark... Maybe its not true.. Its most definitely worth a try!

That crossed my mind as well. I am sure some people do that, but I think I should be alright.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude Page โ‹ Health & Safety โ‹ FAQ โ‹ Known Substance Interactions โ‹ Extraction Teks โ‹ The Machine

fourthripley
#25 Posted : 9/17/2013 9:42:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am unaware of anybody having sucess with vendor bought bark or 'resin' of this plant.Unless things have changed in the last couple of years there's a strong chance you'll be wasting your money on bunk materialSad
mistakes were made

Jin
#26 Posted : 9/18/2013 4:34:13 PM

yes

has anyone had any success with desmodium pullchelum

its the only source where i live and perhaps easy for me to get as i am not going to import RC's

dzznutzz , is desmodium working for you ?
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Keeper Trout
#27 Posted : 9/21/2013 4:43:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Keeper Trout | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Cacti expert | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Senior Member | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.

If someone has access to South American witches markets it could be worth looking for barks sold under the name of 'angico'. Several things may be encountered but a common one is Anadenathera peregrina bark.
That one in particular looks to be a decent 5-MeO source if using its roots or bark or maybe twigs (listed in decreasing order of reportd concentration) but its presently almost an undeveloped area.
A. peregrina roots are so far the highest reported plant source for that molecule but there are precious few evaluations of it (see a summary of what I could locate/obtain at http://www.erowid.org/li...enanthera_analysis.shtml).
Many leguminous shrubs and trees will tolerate a decent degree of harvesting of subsurface roots without harming the plant (ie using common sense about balancing what is a decent amount to take away or to leave for the plant)

It might also be worthwhile to analyze colubrina and cebil bark and roots?

dzznutzz
#28 Posted : 11/7/2013 4:38:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jin wrote:
has anyone had any success with desmodium pullchelum

its the only source where i live and perhaps easy for me to get as i am not going to import RC's

dzznutzz , is desmodium working for you ?

Just done an extraction on 300 g leaf with interesting results .. I've pulled a decent amount of alkaloids using d limonene and xylene pulls ... Just need someone to do TLC analysis .. Check out my thread extracting from desmodium pulchellum . Check out the photos ... There is a good chance there 5 meo in there Smile

rOm
#29 Posted : 12/6/2013 12:00:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheogenerator wrote:
endlessness wrote:

That crossed my mind as well. I am sure some people do that, but I think I should be alright.

The main reason why the 5MeO-DMT extraction is the problem to get a decent source, or to manage to separate constituants in say phalaris.
Now with TLC, this would be another one worth investigating (small sample of different sources - then bigger batch and extract/isolate).

I wish you good luck and let us know !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Aweems
#30 Posted : 11/27/2014 8:28:59 AM

Wisdom

What exactly is the difference between the two?

5-MeO and 5-AcO?
"You didn't ask for this, You didn't mean to.. It was all in the timing. This come to, this realization."

endlessness
#31 Posted : 11/27/2014 10:19:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

5-AcO ? You mean 4-AcO ?

While it is theoretically possible to exist I've never heard of 5-AcO-DMT

Either way, its a completely different substance. Its like asking whats the difference between DMT and psilocin (4-HO-DMT), they are different substances.

Aweems
#32 Posted : 11/27/2014 5:54:46 PM

Wisdom

endlessness wrote:
5-AcO ? You mean 4-AcO ?

While it is theoretically possible to exist I've never heard of 5-AcO-DMT

Either way, its a completely different substance. Its like asking whats the difference between DMT and psilocin (4-HO-DMT), they are different substances.

Yes, that's what I meant.
What is extracted from Acacia Confusa?
It seems as if I've got my compound names mixed up😳
"You didn't ask for this, You didn't mean to.. It was all in the timing. This come to, this realization."

endlessness
#33 Posted : 11/27/2014 5:56:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

None of them. Better re-read. Acacia has NMT and DMT.

Check my signature link... Happy readings Smile

Aweems
#34 Posted : 11/27/2014 6:48:06 PM

Wisdom

endlessness wrote:
None of them. Better re-read. Acacia has NMT and DMT.

Check my signature link... Happy readings Smile

Much appreciated!

PREV12