We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSA/morning-glory/failed LSH attempt Options

lyserge
#1 Posted : 4/21/2010 12:56:11 AM

polyfather anomalous

A friend I ran into today asked me to pass this report along...she attempted an LSH conversion on 25 grams of ground morning-glories, by placing them in ~8 oz. spring water with four bags of individually wrapped 'organic' peppermint tea and a couple Tbsps of peppermint leaves from the bulk section at the co-op, hoping at least one would contain the necessary or hypothetically necessary acetaldehyde. She set them at room temp for 8 hours then in the fridge over night with a couple of drops of lemon juice, and shaking at several points throughout. After 24 hours (2PM today) she drank, then added more spring water to the top, let it set for an hour then drank that.

She said the conversion didn't work...ended up with a 'typical' and light morning-glory tea journey, definite stomach-ache and vasoconstriction which was counteracted with a couple of squares of 86% dark chocolate, followed by an afternoon on the Nexus. Definite lysergic effects but didn't have the magic that would be apparent with LSH, according to 69Ron and others' descriptions. LSA on its own she finds nice but definitely needs some tweaking, especially in comparison with LSD reports. It's like it's *almost there* but needs a few shifts in molecular structure. In the future she hopes to take Ron's advice and try other ways, LSH sounds very nice especially since procuring LSD often involves going through shady sources.

Have a good night folks.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

q21q21
#2 Posted : 4/21/2010 8:45:24 AM

SWIM

SWIM's had his fair share of somewhat-lame LSA experiences.

At threshold doses it tends to make SWIM feel like he is not tripping hard enough to enjoy it, and not functional enough to do housework or much of anything for that matter.

SWIM has experienced a small LSH type effect with his 2-part method.

He steeps the seeds in cold water and also steeps coffee in cold water. Coffee contains acetaldehyde like peppermint.

He then combined the seed-brew + the cold coffee and added 1 cap-full of rum.

He drank 1 cap-full of rum 20 minutes before ingestion of the brew.

Reasoning: Ethanol degeneration produces acetaldehyde in the blood, peaking at 15-20 minutes.

While his brew was quite weak, it later took almost double of the HBWR he used to get a decent trip, but the effects were completely different than LSA, stimulating (not like LSA + coffee) and they lasted almost half the duration.

SWIM's is ordering some MG and will post his experience later

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

lyserge
#3 Posted : 4/21/2010 5:56:43 PM

polyfather anomalous

q21q21 wrote:

SWIM has experienced a small LSH type effect with his 2-part method.

He steeps the seeds in cold water and also steeps coffee in cold water. Coffee contains acetaldehyde like peppermint.

Good stuff, thanks for that info. Wouldn't the acetaldehyde in the coffee beans be destroyed during the roasting process, or are you using fresh beans?

I kind of wonder if there wasn't a partial conversion into LSH with my attempt; the LSA effects were there but this experience had a special kind of feel to it, even nearly 24 hours later, but clearly wasn't a full conversion. I don't know enough about chemistry to decide whether this is a real possibility.

Look forward to reading about your MG attempts.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

q21q21
#4 Posted : 4/21/2010 6:45:05 PM

SWIM

Personally even if the acetaldehyde is destroys it was probably the alcohol that did the work. SWIM read a full fancy-scientific-journal PDF on the levels of acetaldehyde in the blood after the consumption of alcohol. Unlike acetaldehyde containing herbs which are subject to it's extremely low boiling point (20.2 C) and thus instability, alcohol is clearly very stable and a reliable way to put acetaldehyde in you body. This may be why morning glory wines are so popular.

In either case the coffee brew was tasty Very happy
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

lyserge
#5 Posted : 4/21/2010 7:48:10 PM

polyfather anomalous

q21q21 wrote:
Personally even if the acetaldehyde is destroys it was probably the alcohol that did the work. SWIM read a full fancy-scientific-journal PDF on the levels of acetaldehyde in the blood after the consumption of alcohol. Unlike acetaldehyde containing herbs which are subject to it's extremely low boiling point (20.2 C) and thus instability, alcohol is clearly very stable and a reliable way to put acetaldehyde in you body. This may be why morning glory wines are so popular.

In either case the coffee brew was tasty Very happy

Great ideas, I'll be putting this into use.