We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tea vs. Fruits Options

Gir
#1 Posted : 4/20/2010 4:52:35 PM

Gir

Why is there a faster onset in Tea?

Why do fruits seem to last much longer than tea?

What is the difference in heating water, instead of keeping it cool? (40c > 100c?)

What is so special about preventing oxidation when making tea? Does it happen when ingesting fruits too?

SWIM eats fruits. never made tea. but been questioning it.
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Touche Guevara
#2 Posted : 4/20/2010 4:56:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Soaking fruits in a citric acid brew (tea or orange juice) serves several functions.
-Breaks down the fungal cells which are hard to digest. This reduces nausea.
-Extracts the psilocybin into the brew and begins the conversion to psilocin, resulting in faster onset.
-Psilocin is normally much more fragile than psilocybin, but citric acid serves to prevent oxidization.

IME, orange juice is sufficient and heat is to be avoided.

whiskey5
#3 Posted : 4/21/2010 11:59:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Touche Guevara wrote:
Soaking fruits in a citric acid brew (tea or orange juice) serves several functions.
-Breaks down the fungal cells which are hard to digest. This reduces nausea.
-Extracts the psilocybin into the brew and begins the conversion to psilocin, resulting in faster onset.
-Psilocin is normally much more fragile than psilocybin, but citric acid serves to prevent oxidization.

IME, orange juice is sufficient and heat is to be avoided.

cooolll. thanks for the info.

Virola78
#4 Posted : 6/6/2010 11:04:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you can get a hand at some truffles...

Cut them into very thin slices. Take some hot tap water (you dont need more heat), about 200ml, put the slices in there. Add the juice of about half a lemon. Put the cup away, wait for about two hours. Scoop out the slices of truffle with a spoon. Repeat procedure.

Now you have about 400ml of (only very slightly blue) tea that will produce a very very very clean psilocin experience. I did this with some pale coloured truffles ('white diamonds' are officialy my favourite from now on). And tt was by far the cleanest psilocin experience i have ever had. So smooth, absolutely no toxic effects. I was able to ride a bike, talk to people etc. And the visuals were sooo smooth.

NO mindfuck, NO bodyload, NO creepy freaky stuff, NO nausea. Absoltely wonderfull. It wasnt harcore tripping, but the quality of the trip was so pure... I give it a 9.5 out of 10.

Btw effects came up within 20 minutes and lasted for at least 4 hours. Very nice afterglow too.
If you can, you must try this. I can assure you, you wont be dissapointed..

Next time i will double the dosis. I am sure this will get me as deep as with cyanescens.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Oncewas
#5 Posted : 6/10/2010 8:47:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

no one read this either Smile

supernatural
#6 Posted : 6/11/2010 10:25:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I find it interesting about the citrus juice pre-'digesting' the psilocybin into psilocin. I obtained some dried mushies (what we call gold-tops in australia - unsure of the strain - maybe cubensis?) and the guy I got them off stressed for us NOT to drink orange juice at all with the mushies. Would this be because it aids the break-down of the psilocybin, therefore intensifying but shortening the trip? ( I did not heed his warning because my chosen poison for the night was tequila and OJ - I began drinking this after the (very intense) peak but it did not seem to have any adverse affect on my trip).

Can anyone say what the effects are exactly, of drinking OJ with mushies?

LawnBoy
#7 Posted : 7/17/2010 2:19:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've used tea for a long time and will hardly use the truffles without making tea. If I eat the fruit straight up, then I'm looking at 15-30 minutes to feel anything. This depends largely on what's in my stomach in the first place, but also on how much I take. To me it was obvious, the tea was much easier on the stomach, even if I did eat the wet mush after extraction, and the onset was much quicker. If I make tea, I can feel the effects almost immediately upon ingestion. Normally, with 1-10 minutes I will have those "feelings" and sensations start to well up inside.

I hate the taste of mushrooms, but I've become accustomed to the taste of tea. Also it is so nice to feel the trip setting in, before I even finish the cup. Ah, I can almost feel it nowSmile
Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.

Ginkgo
#8 Posted : 7/17/2010 2:35:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I never eat fruits anymore except when I want to lightly trip while picking them. The tea is far superior on all accounts - taste, stomach discomfort, bodyload, duration (I think 6 hours is too much), intensity, you name it.

Have anyone attempted to evaporate mushroom tea to yield something like a resin? That would be very interesting if it works properly. I guess ascorbic acid is the preferable acid for this, as it serves as a strong antioxidant to prevent the psilocin from oxidizing while evaporating the water and if the resin is to be stored for later use.

PsilocybeChild
#9 Posted : 7/17/2010 11:50:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what would be the best way to combine the benefits of the tea with the lemon tek? maybe soak chopped up mushrooms in cranberry juice (acidic ph but manageable to drink, unlike lemon juice) for 15 minutes, strain, and drink?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Virola78
#10 Posted : 7/17/2010 8:08:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PsilocybeChild wrote:
what would be the best way to combine the benefits of the tea with the lemon tek? maybe soak chopped up mushrooms in cranberry juice (acidic ph but manageable to drink, unlike lemon juice) for 15 minutes, strain, and drink?

you can compare to find out..

But you think the lemon juice is unmanageable to drink?
I squeeze the juice out of half a lemon. add about 200ml hot tap water. then i add the slices of mushroom. then i let it sit for at least an hour. scoop out the mushroom. drink. This tea tastes like water with a hint of lemon and a hint of mushroom. Quite manageable for me. boring drink actually.

You could instead make some regular non-psychedelic tea. then add the lemon juice, and the mushrooms. perhaps some sugar.

or make ice cubes out of your water-lemon-mushroom tea. you can use the icecubes with any drink you like. maybe make the cubes blue or something Razz.
I think it was lorax who posted earlier about the icecubes.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Mindlusion
#11 Posted : 8/2/2010 11:33:10 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Im a tea guy.

Iv been drinking tea now for years, and I like it because I feel its cleaner somehow.
I still do eat fruits on occasion, fresh or dried.

Does anyone else make their tea with red Roobias tea? I find it complements the mushrooms EXTREMELY well it also goes great with honey and lemon. I HIGHLY recommend it. This tea also has noticeable calming effects of its own. Very nice.

If your feeling daring, brew some passionflower in your tea.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."