We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dallas red light cameras work too well...considers removing them Options

XENONSION
#1 Posted : 3/16/2008 4:03:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

http://www.engadget.com/...ght-cams-since-theyre-w/

Dallas considers shutting off red light cams, since they're working too well and harming revenue

There's just one, fairly ironic, flaw to the otherwise totally lovable red light cameras that adorn Dallas: they work too well. Turns out the cams have curtailed red light infractions by 50 percent, which in turn has put a budget crunch on City Hall. The city is now considering stopping its planned rollout of more cameras, or shutting down the cameras on a rotating basis -- upkeep when off is next to nothing, but the city pays $3,799 per month per online camera to its service provider. That sounds like quite a spendy broadband bill, but we're not the experts here. Just remember kids, your government wants what's best for you, and what's best for you is a well-funded government, alright?

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

WSaged
#2 Posted : 3/16/2008 7:48:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How Ironic!!

Red light & speed radar cameras are nothing but new ways for government to make more money in the first place!!
If I get a ticket in the mail from a camera, a month after running a red light, it did nothing to stop the four car, 6 death collision I caused 10 minutes later that same day! In fact, it didn't even slow me down! I had no idea I had even gotton a ticket until it shows up a month later. If I had been stopped by an officer, I would have obviosly been slowed down.
I in no way want to be pulled over by the cops but if I'm gonna get a ticket, I want to know why and when I did what I did!! I feel this is more of an obvious inforcment which changes ones actions imediately not figuratively.

Now this was a hypothetical situation, I've never really received a photoradar ticket but I don't see how they really help. I'm surprised to read that report.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeadLizard
#3 Posted : 3/17/2008 12:28:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

XENONSION wrote:
Just remember kids, your government wants what's best for you, and what's best for you is a well-funded government, alright?

Duly noted.

Wait ...

WTF? happened to the tax I pay on absolutly everything.
(on my wage it probably bought the CD player in a local councilman's government vehicle but it's the principal of the matter alright ...)

¿ǝɹǝɥ uo ƃu‎i s‎i 773H ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ