We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Baby Steps Options

100th Monkey
#1 Posted : 4/20/2010 4:18:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As some here will already know, my first experiences with Spice have been a comedy of errors...ultimately leading up to an anticlimactic pharmacological roadblock. Even so, I'd have to list them in 'My Top 10 Most Interesting Things That Have Ever Happened To Me'. I'll speak of these 5 experiences now as an amalgamation for the sake of simplicity. To anyone who is hesitant to try DMT for the first time, my experience may be a little easier to palate than descriptions on this site discussing complete loss of ego, non-human entities, and the like. What follows is pretty tame by comparison.

In my experience, I had the comfort of knowing exactly who I was, or rather, the person I was during my experience was the same person I was when I started. As I huffed away, however, I did begin to have trouble with concepts, e.g. the distinction between subject and action began to get hazy. A good example was with the task of smoking itself. As I took my final hit, I knew that my hand held the lighter and that I must ignite the Spice in order to smoke it. As my previous couple pulls began to hit me, I remember thinking something akin to, 'Which is my hand and which is the water pipe? Is there a meaningful distinction between the two?' From there it regressed to 'What is smoking?' It got pretty confusing so I just laid back and let the Spice take me where it wanted to. Once underway, the experience was primarily visual. The walls and ceiling of the room took on an ethereal iridescence. They were not glowing in and of themselves, but instead seemed bath in a directionless bluish moon glow. This glow contained a rainbow of other colors. These shown most clearly at the edges of objects in the room, much like the halo of a flame. It also completely covered some surfaces like an oil slick on water. Everything looked vibrant, literally as if I could see all of my surroundings in a higher dimension. After taking this in for a bit I next became aware of textures. Deep textures! I felt like I could see into the pile of my carpet. This invited me to scan the room, examining more textures. That's when I noticed the duvet I was sitting on. Before my eyes, the decorative pattern began to twist and slither, literally composing itself into a procession of snakes. These were not the 'corner of my eye' pseudo-hallucinations I've encountered on mild mushroom trips. I saw these snakes as plainly as I can see my own hand. The heads of these snakes looked Mayan and they were very animated. Everything was becoming organic. The flickering tongues of the snakes was the peak. A moment or two later the snakes stopped moving as if hardened into a frieze, then a painting of what the snakes might have looked like, then they were gone. The room still buzzed and glowed a little, then this too faded.

A final note worth mentioning, the whole experience seemed to make my dog very excited! He was peaking at me from the bedroom doorway the whole time. When the experience started to fade, he jumped up on my bed and started licking my face, wagging his tail enthusiastically. My dog is old so this was unexpected. He actually ruined my first DMT experience with this same sort of tongue lashing, the little scamp.

Well, I'm glad I wrote this down, if only to save the memory. Better yet, I hope somebody will be benefited or amused.

Kindest regards,
100th Monkey
Your ego is not your amigo.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

lyserge
#2 Posted : 4/20/2010 11:12:23 PM

polyfather anomalous

100th Monkey wrote:

previous couple pulls began to hit me, I remember thinking something akin to, 'Which is my hand and which is the water pipe? Is there a meaningful distinction between the two?' From there it regressed to 'What is smoking?' It got pretty

A final note worth mentioning, the whole experience seemed to make my dog very excited! He was peaking at me from the bedroom doorway the whole time. When the experience started to fade, he jumped up on my bed and started licking my face, wagging his tail enthusiastically. My dog is old so this was unexpected. He actually ruined my first DMT experience with this same sort of tongue lashing, the little scamp.

Well, I'm glad I wrote this down, if only to save the memory. Better yet, I hope somebody will be benefited or amused.

Dear 100th, I'm also glad you wrote this down! I've never had anything like the first part of your journey, where you lose conceptions of "smoking", "hand", etc., though I believe other people on here have mentioned similar things. I've only gone from being here, smoking, to being 'there', with strange creatures looking back at me, or during times when I never went 'there', I was 'here' and it was similar in overall character (though very distinct in specific content) from what you describe in the later part of your journey. Am I correct in my assumption that you were still taking the SSRI at this point? If so it doesn't seem to affect the character or general nature of sub-breakthrough journeys.

Something your report reminded me of was on several occasions while smoking - which always appears to be some sort of very powerful bright-fire alchemical activity as my Spice-entranced brain looks down - was when my hands became "possessed" by the hands of two twin sisters who died back in the 1820's! It was VERY VERY strange, I have no idea where this idea originated from if generated by my brain, but I had the perception that my hands had become possessed by the hands of these two completely disconnected individuals. They were still hands and I had full understand of the concept of what was going on.

Funny how the dog picked up on what was going on. I think animals are very in tune with what's going on for us. From my own experiences with depression I know that animals can pick up on that too. I certainly am benefitted and amused, hope to hear from you again!
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland