We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
2nd 100g extrct - uber pictures :shock: Options

Gir
#41 Posted : 2/18/2012 5:09:44 AM

Gir

Yo!

Taken some time off from this place, but now have returned. In the process of starting another extract, I will post pictures of the after with all measurements Very happy

Thanks for a TON Of views and support for the tek Very happy Yeild away! And be safe!
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Dot5841
#42 Posted : 2/22/2012 4:53:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

First of all this tek is super awesome and I wish I had seen it back when I tried my first extraction. The whole squeeze the milk jug thing is probably the most useful thing Ive ever read since Ive always had a problem with separating. I have two questions:

1: Are milk jugs really safe to use? If so why is it that this is the first time Ive seen it used in a tek because its so cheap and easy.

2: Have you ever tried to do a sodium carbonate wash or are the re-crystallizations enough to get it clean?

Thanks for being awesome. Cool
My eyes are soon to be open! Cant wait!

Gir
#43 Posted : 2/27/2012 8:17:18 PM

Gir

Dot5841 wrote:
First of all this tek is super awesome and I wish I had seen it back when I tried my first extraction. The whole squeeze the milk jug thing is probably the most useful thing Ive ever read since Ive always had a problem with separating. I have two questions:

1: Are milk jugs really safe to use? If so why is it that this is the first time Ive seen it used in a tek because its so cheap and easy.

2: Have you ever tried to do a sodium carbonate wash or are the re-crystallizations enough to get it clean?

Thanks for being awesome. Cool

Good questions. Milk jugs are hdpe plastic, which means high density. Because they're high density they're easily able to withstand both sides of the Ph scale. I've seen it used somewhere around here, probably in the way older archives. Ill try to link it when I am on a computer not a phone lol.

Second answer: yes of course I've tried everything you can think of. Its really up to you, the first pull usually comes out like shaved ice, pure white. The second and subsequent other pulls get increasingly more yellow (cpt obvious). I usually grab the culminative pulls and re-x em, and that is usually enough to be as clean as the first.

I did notice when I did my wash in na2co3, I lost a bit more material than when I just re-x. Normally a Carb wash is when you have dirrrrrty spice, like brown spice or base stuck in it. At least from my knowledge.

Hope that helps a bit. And..... you're welcome Pleased awesomeness is catched though, so breathe deep and I'm sure you'll get a lungfull.
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

Visty
#44 Posted : 2/29/2012 9:27:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gir wrote:
[quote=Pandora]

The double decanting is a great idea. He think it should be mentioned, because turkey basters are hard to use and SWIMs wife is pro and all....but still gets some shite in there. SWIM likes to use syringes towards the end of the second decant, to get most of the naptha from the rest of the basified shtuff at the bottom.

and those steps are SERIOUSLY crucial, It looks as if SWIM is getting almost 2x his last yeild of 0.8%, one martini glass looks like a FASI precip Twisted Evil the slow evap is complete, about 45% of the volume (it was sitting next to his a/C unit that gets kind of hot even though it broke :evil:, so it went overnight pretty fast. Just stuck it in the fridge. then gonna stick it in the freezer in ~6 hours.. He still doesnt know what the fridge has to do with helping evaporation, but its a good experiment anyways.

-gir

I haven't found turkey basters here in .nl. But I used a 2ml syringe. I ordered a 5ml one to do it all quicker.

But as for the extra decanting, I ordered some borosilicate tall glassworks. But for small amounts test tubes are excellent. I don't have true lab tubes. But once I bought vanilla sticks and they came in a similar tube. Any solution containing lye traces is very easily decanted away. Whats is left can still go back in the...the stock I suppose.

I gotta find me a supplier in .nl thats ells to private persons. I found some businesses that sell to schools. The borosilicate glasswares are easier to get. I will make a post in the appropriate section.

Visty
#45 Posted : 2/29/2012 10:01:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Blackstatis wrote:
so i just squeezed like you told me and now i feel dumb for not having thought about that. so simple, yet so effective.

Patience is a virtue. Set your container up higher so your eyes match the level of the separation. Or sit down and place container at some elevation. Then using baster or syringe get the stuff out. The last bit is hardest, you draw the syringe and you can actually see how the suction tries to draw up the water and lye combo. At that point you don't draw further. What I find is that using the tip of the syringe touching the surface of the liquid will suck it up I guess because of the fluid tension or something.

But when you do suck up some nasty stuff, simply holding it in the top layer will drop the basewater back cause it is heavier than the naphtha or whatever you use.

cyantific
#46 Posted : 6/8/2012 6:20:34 AM

Journeyman

Thanks for the pictorial Gir. Very nicely illustrated!

I'm still learning about extraction, Is this essentially the Noman tek ?

Purges
#47 Posted : 6/8/2012 9:35:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cyantific wrote:
Thanks for the pictorial Gir. Very nicely illustrated!

I'm still learning about extraction, Is this essentially the Noman tek ?

Yup Smile
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

behindthelight
#48 Posted : 6/8/2012 8:19:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, help me with this please. The first pull is always the best, it's bright white and pure. After I scrape them all up and put them in a little container, if I leave them at room temperature, they will start to melt.

What gives? What am I doing wrong?

Electric Kool-Aid
#49 Posted : 6/9/2012 3:38:56 PM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

You probably didn't let it dry enough in the freezer and it has solvent left in it.
Put some naphtha with the melted spice and place it back in the freezer, then after 12-24 hours you can decant and flip your jar / tray over and keep it in the freezer for like an hour.
Then when you take out the container, you want to re-seal it and bring it to room temperature for about 20 minutes. The covered container to room temp is important because spice can get condensation from cold to room temp, then you have wet spice. Plus if you pulled spice out before drying in the freezer, then there is leftover solvent that is still left in the container when warmed turns the spice back to liquid.
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

behindthelight
#50 Posted : 6/9/2012 6:22:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Electric Kool-Aid wrote:
You probably didn't let it dry enough in the freezer and it has solvent left in it.
Put some naphtha with the melted spice and place it back in the freezer, then after 12-24 hours you can decant and flip your jar / tray over and keep it in the freezer for like an hour.
Then when you take out the container, you want to re-seal it and bring it to room temperature for about 20 minutes. The covered container to room temp is important because spice can get condensation from cold to room temp, then you have wet spice. Plus if you pulled spice out before drying in the freezer, then there is leftover solvent that is still left in the container when warmed turns the spice back to liquid.

Cool man, thanks. I definitely wasn't doing it right. I am going to give this a shot.

cyantific
#51 Posted : 6/15/2012 12:17:09 AM

Journeyman

Gir wrote:
SWIM added Lye(NaOH) to H2O (notice gloves!!! and please don't try to measure Lye.. just put in enough to see it turn white and cloudy *

Why shouldn't one measure Lye? Wouldn't the base pH effect the end results?

Cannabinoids
#52 Posted : 6/18/2012 11:51:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I have 4x 4oz (one is a re-chant from a jar that got some of that black gunk in it) jars in the freezer. 3 Pulls so far.

the first 2 jars has delicious white crystals sticking to the bottom.

Questions.

Tomorrow afternoon after the 24 hrs are up.

I assume I pour the naphtha through a coffee filter. right? then dry the jar and the filter and combine?

Cannabinoids
#53 Posted : 6/19/2012 1:27:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So. I followed this tek to the T up until the turkey basting part....I tried for 30 minutes FRUSTRATED trying to SLOWLY pull the top layer from the bottom layer which in a milk jug was less thena half inch thick, with 100% failure...frustrated I went into problem solving mode. Like most times it take a few seconds to figure something out and decided to pour the black mixture into 2x 1 quart jars. which made the layer A LOT thicker and easier to pull. I also used one of my spore syringes to CAREFULLY separate the two layers. It was SO PERFECT using the syringe. You could suck up as much of the clear mix and if some goo got in to the syringe you simply squirt that out until whats in the syringe is clear and clean. or squirt all out and try again. (Careful not to squirt hard or you'll have to wait a few minutes to allow the clear and black layers to separate.)

Alright So I did all 4 pulls All in a 5 hour period. I have a baby and a 3 yo boy and my wife who lives with me So having a bunch of chemicals and stuff laying around and the fumes is a no no for me. The wife and kids went to visit her mother so I had a 5-6 hour window

So in total I had 6 jars 4oz jars.

traditionally during the last couple pulls one would do a 2 hour to overnight weight. however as the layers were fully separated I can't think of anything that could possibly be going on at the moment. Meaning the only time DMT enters the naphtha is during the slow rolls and mixing of the 2 solutions. Once it separates I think its done. With the time constraints and this theory. I proceed to do my last 2 pulls like this.

THE ROLL: I asked gir to ask his friend to explain the roll.
Simply put don't splash or slush or mix fast. I simply roll it end over end about 1 rotation every 2 seconds and I would do 30 rotations per jar. Allow to settle. once the layers are separate with the black layer not being bubbly just flat (takes about 5-10 mint) repeat again. I did this 3-4 times per pull.

The 4th pull. I would roll and separate roll and separate for 2 hours. The last jar has white with JUST THE SLIGHTEST hint of yellow. SLIGHTEST. So I think the quick pulls with in 5-6 hours is a good idea.

Aannnnd brain fart...

I'll post pics in a bit....

Filter Tip: Take a quart jar and a coffee filter and and push the filter inside the quart jar with just enough of the edge out of the jar to fold over the lip of the jar and secure with the mason jar ring. this is nicer then using a rubber band because I've had coffee filters slip into the jar while making qwiso hash So i use the lid/ring from the mason jar to secure.

After you dump out the naphtha simply take the filter out and flatten. then use a teaspoon and scrap the white clumps out and toss it in the jar which matches the color.

PREV123