We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
2nd 100g extrct - uber pictures :shock: Options

Gir
#1 Posted : 4/17/2010 2:21:53 PM

Gir

SWIM found his card reader and his wife pictured the shit out of this extraction:

-~=List of Items SWIM used=~-

1500mL H2O
250mL Naptha
Lye[NaOH] (unknown amount, eyeballed ~100g)
100g MHRB
WEED <- (critical to production in SWIMs case)
Turkey Baster (Yes SWIM used both turkey baster and syringe, He also double sometimes triple decanted into different glasses for extra clean spice)
Syringe
3 glass jars, for decanting
2 martini glasses, for freeze precip (They are very WIDE mouthed, extremely shallow, and very easy to scrape spice out of.)
Freezer
Funnels (random sizes.. 3 dollars at publix, best thing SWIMs ever bought from them.)
Patience
-optional-
Sleep

-~=What you want to see=~-

step1
SWIM added H2O to HDPE2 jug (1500mL).

step2
SWIM added Lye(NaOH) to H2O (notice gloves!!! and please don't try to measure Lye.. just put in enough to see it turn white and cloudy *(This normally occurs when you are S t i r r i n g the lye around, it may clear up, it may not.. Mine does not)*, then shake it around gently and make sure you remove pressure otherwise it might esplode!) This process basifies the H2O, allowing the breakdown of the plants' cell walls.

----(STEP 2.5)---- Optional
(many people have stated that this step is also crucial..)
Smoke joint. Smile HA HA SWIM did not notice til right now, but there is a shotglass SWIM uses for re-x right THERE. Its all dirty from a recent clean XP

step3
SWIM measured out MHRB. This is the part that you want your scale, the more accurate you are, the less product you waste. The FIRST extraction SWIM did, he didnt measure out carefully enough, and ended up having uneven measurements, and lots of math, and other bullshit that he didnt really need to be dealing with.

step4
And added to jug, it gets darker

and darker

and darker

and darker

step5
SWIM then shakes his jug like a morocco. then lets it sit for an hour or two. (dont have to be too accurate but make sure its over an hour, and leave it alone, you dont have to continually agitate [SWIM finds that picking it up and shaking it once or twice after the first original shake is fine, if your antsy])

step5.5
Important step as well. Do nothing but patiently wait, maybe eat dinner if its that time, watch a movie, or smoke, or play with more animals. This inevitably helps to make you a more patient person, which is essential.

step6
Take a look at your jug, and get your surplies ready.

step 6.5
Heat your naptha SAFELY IN A POT YOU HAVE BOILED WATER IN, REMOVE FROM STOVE, AND SET JUG GENTLY INSIDE AND WAIT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU EVER HEAT NAPTHA EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO A FLAME. (SWIMs stove is all electric and he made sure that it was completely turned off, and moved from the burner!) and dont cover it! WTF YOU ARTARDED????

step7
SWIM measured out his naptha (~75mL per pull) and added to jug. then he rolled end over end 3-4 times per pull for 2 minutes and let separate. (next time he will use much less naptha..)

step7.5 (NOT OPTIONAL)
PLAY WITH KITTY AND PUPPY WHILE WAITING FOR SEPARATION. THIS IS A CRUCIAL PART.

step 8
SWIMs wife decanted naptha from jug carefully, but got a bit of black stuff, so she syringed the naptha into his mAgIcAL martini glasses.

step 9
Continue with Pulls. I usually do 2 big pulls and set a third in overnight. After thats done. You cover martini glasses in

THE GREATEST PLASTIC WRAP EVER! Make sure your glasses are "air-tight" so as not to let any cold air make condensation.

step 10
Chuck your glasses in the freezer overnight or for at least 12hr. Be patient.. your not going anywhere, and its not going to hurt.

step 11 (extremely optional)
If you got a yellow pull on one of your glasses, you can simply do a recrystallization after you have precipitated it by Freeze.. I suggest slow evapping, but something people miss is explaining a bit on how to do this.

~~~####~~~Proper Recrystallization teknique type thingamajig.. for learning and tweaking ~~~~~####~~~~~~

Take a shot glass and pour your yellow gnarly spice in, then get a measuring cup and fill it with water, put the water in the microwave for 2 minutes. So it gets hot. then get a separate jar and add some naptha to it.

Once your water is done, put the naptha jar in there and wait a minute, let it get a bit hot, and then either dropper it or gently syringe the naptha onto the spice, youll see it start mmmmmeeeeellllltttinnnnnggg!!!!

Stir it around a bit, no.. a bit more than that. A bit more. a bit....good. you should have only used about 15mL of naptha or abouts PER GRAM OF SPICE. That means if you have 100mg, you want 2mL MAXIMUM, ITTY BITTY BIT.

If your having trouble dissolving something, chances are its not spice. If it is spice, and you know its spice, then put the shot glass that now holds your heated naptha/spice in the water that you heated up.
NEVER I repeat: NEVER get that naptha near the microwave. If the water has turned cool, then heat JUST THE WATER up.

Once you are pretty sure all your spice is dissolved (making sure the other shit isnt), then you can decant the naptha into another shot glass, and put it in the fridge.

--------*****For The Slow*****---------

After you have put it in the fridge for 2 or so hours, youll see it be really cloudy with the spice that was in there. What you now want to do, to get those cool huge crystals, Is take it out of the fridge, and place the cloudy, cooled naptha in a nice place that it will sit literally still for a few days. Instead of having the thing be air tight, put a small gap in the seran/press-s-seal/aluminum foil, or put a few pin holes in the top. Then leave it alone!

come back in a few days and be like waow!

SWIM will continue posting once he gets the freeze precip results, but he had to go to sleep, and didnt want to talk to gir anymore..

I couldnt find anymore pictures that SWIM wanted to post either. these took long enough to resize to a decent size (they were all over 2500x2500 Shocked )

Okay, jbark brought to my attention I forgot to post my yeild! in total it was 1g, 754mg. ~1.7% total of ~103g MRHB
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DeMenTed
#2 Posted : 4/17/2010 2:27:24 PM

Barry

Nice pics Smile i like your joint papers Very happy

Wouldn't a smaller milk jug be better though?

Gir
#3 Posted : 4/17/2010 3:04:47 PM

Gir

SWIM is awake. and says that he dont drink no small milk jugs hes a man!

might be useful though Razz

-gir

house wrote:

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

D_Juggz
#4 Posted : 4/17/2010 3:14:50 PM

Dr Do Little

Joint is not optional either, skipping that step could impede result!
Does SWIY have any pics of the pulls you did once finished? SWIM would just like to see the colour, was it really yellow or pretty clear?
nice pics Smile
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
-Confucius

"Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all share the same dreams"

Gir
#5 Posted : 4/17/2010 3:21:50 PM

Gir

D_Juggz wrote:
Joint is not optional either, skipping that step could impede result!
Does SWIY have any pics of the pulls you did once finished? SWIM would just like to see the colour, was it really yellow or pretty clear?
nice pics Smile

SWIM is going to be takin pictures yes Smile waiting for the 18 hour mark because he is anal.

SWIM forgot to add that he has a second glass, slow evapping 50%, and then going to exchange the glasses.

house wrote:

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir
#6 Posted : 4/17/2010 5:23:40 PM

Gir

Pandora wrote:
I really believe that inhaling solvents (did you taste or smell the naptha?) can lead to long term damage (fun diagnoses like lymphoma) and firmly believe in using a double-cartridge respirator.

She is wearing the respirator Razz SWIM had a paper mask with a small carbon filter in it under the t-shirt. and for the record he only took the gloves off because his air broke, and he was sweating like mad.

The double decanting is a great idea. He think it should be mentioned, because turkey basters are hard to use and SWIMs wife is pro and all....but still gets some shite in there. SWIM likes to use syringes towards the end of the second decant, to get most of the naptha from the rest of the basified shtuff at the bottom.

and those steps are SERIOUSLY crucial, It looks as if SWIM is getting almost 2x his last yeild of 0.8%, one martini glass looks like a FASI precip Twisted Evil the slow evap is complete, about 45% of the volume (it was sitting next to his a/C unit that gets kind of hot even though it broke :evil:, so it went overnight pretty fast. Just stuck it in the fridge. then gonna stick it in the freezer in ~6 hours.. He still doesnt know what the fridge has to do with helping evaporation, but its a good experiment anyways.

-gir

house wrote:

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir
#7 Posted : 4/18/2010 12:30:54 AM

Gir

Half of the yeild is done precipitating.

the results are in. A+ in my book:

step1 after precip
GLORY AT YOUR AWESOME WORK. SWIM poured out his naptha, and stared at his spice for the first time. It looked wonderful. He then made sure to get ALLL the naptha out, by turning the glass sideways, and blowing a fan slowly over.

step2
SWIM collected spice in a pile. to throw away of course..

and finally:

house wrote:

Smoke Spice, NOW

stevowitz
#8 Posted : 4/18/2010 2:23:14 AM

The Dude

amazing results! bravo on the great pictorial ! happy tripping
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

Phlux-
#9 Posted : 4/18/2010 9:49:27 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Awesome!!!
Great pictoral bro.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Gir
#10 Posted : 4/18/2010 3:16:41 PM

Gir

Okay so SWIM woke me up at 730 this morning and commanded me to go look at the other martini glass. So I went and took a look. He got a hefty amount from the other half of the precip.. however there was some nasty yellow gunk in and around the rim of the glass. so I told SWIM, and he opted to re-crystallize it in ~28mL of naptha. then there was still some spice stuck to the yellow, so he put another ~28mL in a different glass with hotter naptha, and it all dissolved pretty quick, so SWIM thinks he's going to let that one slow evap. (for those of you paying attention, thats 2 glasses, one with fully dissolved crystals, the other with leftover yellowy gunk. I also decided to clean my martini glasses, so i put another ~30mL of naptha in it HOT. thats a total of 3 glasses.)

Any idea's on what the yellow gunk was? n-oxide? It didnt really look like n-oxide, it got hard while the crystals dried, and smelled like spice but.. i dunno. Its gone now whatever it was.. Pictures soon Razz

-gir

house wrote:

Smoke Spice, NOW

D_Juggz
#11 Posted : 4/25/2010 10:22:38 AM

Dr Do Little

Swim got the same yellow gunk/oil from his extraction. He tested it in a VG and it seemed to be psychoactive, swim believes its the jungle spices.
Could you please repeat how you separated the crystal form the yellow gunk?
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
-Confucius

"Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all share the same dreams"

geeg30
#12 Posted : 4/26/2010 2:56:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The yellow stuff is probably a mix of oxide and spice in varying quantities - the less spice there is the more oily the yellow is.

Naptha will not pull jungle spice.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Oncewas
#13 Posted : 4/26/2010 4:13:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I like yo style Smile

Gir
#14 Posted : 4/26/2010 4:35:33 PM

Gir

D_Juggz wrote:
Swim got the same yellow gunk/oil from his extraction. He tested it in a VG and it seemed to be psychoactive, swim believes its the jungle spices.
Could you please repeat how you separated the crystal form the yellow gunk?

How SWIM separated (gir does nothing of the sort):

Heated naptha in a hot water bath for ~2 minutes.

1. took gunk/spice in contained and sprayed with hot naptha, melted most of it quick. repeated 3x until almost all the gunk was gone and the other stuff wouldnt dissolve.

2. resyringed the naptha out, and transferred to a shot glass
3. covered and froze.
4. at about the 18th hour mark, it stopped being super cloudy, ran it through a coffee filter, didnt pick any crystals out, and looky look super spice Smile this batch is quite strong. let dry with a fan on it for about 25 minutes, scraped, and enjoyed.

also note, when SWIM dissolved all the gunk, there was still some stuff left over, SWIM swirled about 3-4mL of extremely hot (almost burned his hand holding the syringe) naptha, and it didnt dissolve so SWIM figured it was impurity. He let it air dry, and didnt see any crystals after it had hardened.

house wrote:

Smoke Spice, NOW

Ice House
#15 Posted : 4/26/2010 4:44:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

very nice....... Bravo!
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

SnozzleBerry
#16 Posted : 4/26/2010 5:16:26 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Awesome pictorial. This was exactly my point to knowledgestick...if you cant follow something like this I don't see what a video provides that makes it any easier. This is beautifully documented, well organized, and not on youtube, Laughing . It's nice to see work like this, especially because I credit the full extent my initial extraction success thanks to Shirley Knott's pictorial on the shroomery back in the day. It's one thing to have all the theory, but to be able to see how it looks in the real world makes things a million times easier.

peace
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

shoe
#17 Posted : 4/26/2010 11:39:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

g1risMethyl wrote:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU EVER HEAT NAPTHA EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO A FLAME. (SWIMs stove is all electric and he made sure that it was completely turned off, and moved from the burner!) and dont cover it! WTF YOU ARTARDED????

sound advice, SWIM has found out the hard way on a couple of different occasions. Never even think "oh, if im just careful with... *NO*. Stop there. do not pass go. do not collect $200!!!

Btw, That typo/spoonerism/whatever made me LOL so hard. Its against bhuddist principles to comment on other peoples mistakes but its just so damn funny.

"WTF YOU ARTARDED?!" ....LOL

Oh yeah, and congrats on the extract; Are you going back for another couple of freeze-pulls?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Gir
#18 Posted : 4/27/2010 4:49:19 PM

Gir

SWIM has kept the jug, and is going to perform more pulls on it soon. He wants to try another extraction, but he has to order more mimosa (running low, only 200g left)

As an update, I found earlier today, in the chat, that people just follow these things without first having some knowledge of what each step does.. Now as most people explain these in their tek's, Ive decided to include it in this post.. because my pictures are awesome and should have descriptions. Razz

house wrote:

Smoke Spice, NOW

mad_banshee
#19 Posted : 4/27/2010 8:31:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

g1risMethyl wrote:
SWIM has kept the jug, and is going to perform more pulls on it soon. He wants to try another extraction, but he has to order more mimosa (running low, only 200g left)

As an update, I found earlier today, in the chat, that people just follow these things without first having some knowledge of what each step does.. Now as most people explain these in their tek's, Ive decided to include it in this post.. because my pictures are awesome and should have descriptions. Razz

Does your swim know to do a big final pull with xylene after the naptha pulls are exahusted? This way, my swim always gets an amount of jungle that about equals the amount of what he got from the naptha pulls, and the jungle can be the best spice of all. The trick is being able to find a place to evaporate the xylene. Swim has an outside shed that works well for him to evap xylene in. Otherwise, use the limonene ( safer, nicer, but a bit more costly) method to pull the jungle.
When my swim thinks of all the spent jugs he tossed out after only naptha pulls without pulling the jungle, he feels a bit sad...but mhrb is cheap enough!

Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

Gir
#20 Posted : 4/28/2010 2:05:08 PM

Gir

SWIM is in the process of getting Xylene. Its smelly, and the wife thinks its a nasty chemical. He will get it soon enough, For now he put in another pull, and hopes that this exhausts the bark. It gives and gives, He hope its finally had enough.

I think that SWIMs last pull was pretty gnarly looking. It was quite yellow (nothing a nice cleaning/re-x cant fix but..) so Im sure SWIMs only going to pick up a tiny amount. He used ~55mL naptha, heated.

house wrote:

Smoke Spice, NOW

123NEXT