We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dmt ayahuasca comparison Options

epiphany_awakening
#1 Posted : 4/17/2010 8:46:48 AM

Pablo

If I was to prepare ayahuasca (normal ayahuasca with pychotria viridis and caapi) what would I expect it to be in comparison to smoked DMT? Apart from the longer duration and the more organic feel anything noticeable?

I have never ever taken part in the illicit and immoral use of dangerous narcotics nor is anything I say real. In reality, I'm a figment of your imagination and what I say has no meaning nor purpose. Don't take it seriously ''man''. The best you can do is ignore me, seriously.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 4/17/2010 6:32:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
You're more aware of what's happening. With ayahuasca you're generally less incapacitated, more able to think clearly.
You will have a clearer mindset and a more energetic feeling.

Ayahuasca has strong aftereffects that are like the opposite of a hangover: you will feel reborn, refreshed, envigorated.

The effects of caapi are responsible for this difference. Caapi is a wonderfull thing on it's own, even without DMT.

When you take ayahuasca with chacruna or jurema, most of the time the first effects you will notice will be those of caapi. You will feel a sudden entrancement, a deep state of meditation, wich is a very clearheaded and peacefull state of deep, intense relaxation.

ms_manic_minxx
#3 Posted : 4/18/2010 6:01:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you drink enough Caapi, you most likely will be unable to walk. Caapi DEFINITELY enhances the mind, but a heavy dose for a full journey can very often stone the body that makes you feel hopelessly drunk while on a boat at sea. Stand up very slowly. Pleased

Then again, I can't very well walk WHILE under the influence of DMT. But the stoning effect sometimes carries into the next day (albeit less extreme), whereas I always feel physically invigorated after smoking.

It's not quite the same, but I've been intensely fascinated by the differences between changa (smoked DMT, but on Aya leaves) and traditional Ayahuasca. I did a writeup here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11644

There will definitely be MORE differences without the presence of harmalas, but... Harmalas are like my BLANKEY for space travel. I would be quite apprehensive to go anywhere without them. Very happy

Mama Aya is also an excellent translator of the hyperspace realms.

And smoking is like reading a collection of short stories, while Ayahuasca is like a giant novel. Both are great, same message, just minor differences in style of delivery.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

polytrip
#4 Posted : 4/18/2010 9:01:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The body can indeed become a bit wobbly at high doses of caapi. But that's only with high doses and it's most of the time not completely incapacitating: once you get the hang of it you can walk if you have to (for instance when going to the bathroom).
Most of the time you'll be lying in your bed or some other place anyway.
You cán walk without bumping into anything if you just take your time and don't do things fast.

balaganist
#5 Posted : 4/18/2010 10:55:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In my general experience, smoked dmt is much more intense and can take you further away from earth and your body, sending you flying out into hyperspace. Ayahuasca, tends to keep you grounded, as they say it builds a bridge between earth and heavens. Aya guides you on your journey, and the dmt from chacruna/chali/mimosa is like its helper.

With ayahuasca you have time to properly work through stuff, it is a physical, emotional and spiritual healing and cleansing medicine.
I believe Changa is also a medicine, I have been witness to that a few times this year, however it is much shorter and more intense, allowing for quick and deep insights.

In my experience, smoked DMT is more about exploring hyperspace, whereas Ayahuasca is generally more about you and your place on earth, society etc.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

polytrip
#6 Posted : 4/18/2010 2:50:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Balaganist is partly right: vaped DMT is a heavier ride, normally.
But ayahuasca has a different sort of intensity.
I swear that i have had the happiest moments of my life on ayahuasca.

It can give you something nothing else i'm familiar with can. The only thing that might be comparable with it is maybe ibogaine, with wich i'm not familiar.

I realy don't know how to put into words, the bliss caapi has to offer, but i very strongly recommend to go experience it for yourself.

No-one ever regrets taking caapi.

epiphany_awakening
#7 Posted : 4/19/2010 5:41:30 PM

Pablo

thanks guys,
now I am going off to experience aya myself.
I will write up my experience soon.
Peace

I have never ever taken part in the illicit and immoral use of dangerous narcotics nor is anything I say real. In reality, I'm a figment of your imagination and what I say has no meaning nor purpose. Don't take it seriously ''man''. The best you can do is ignore me, seriously.