We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First experience with a caapi/mimosa tea Options

lyserge
#1 Posted : 4/15/2010 11:49:40 PM

polyfather anomalous

This morning I woke up and felt the call to cook up a tea with the fresh Yellow Cielo variety of Caapi I recently got ahold of. I chopped down a ~6 inch piece of the vine (which has a diameter of approximately 1 cm), then set it in lightly boiling water with a dash of vinegar. As it cooked I "cast spells" into the tea, asked *her* to help me bring her beauty into the world, and thanked her for gracing my life. After about 30 minutes of cooking, with some chemical suggestion, I decided to add a tablespoon's worth of mimosa powder to the mix. I let this cook for approximately 2 hours, then strained the tea, boiled it down to a ~2 ounce brown mimosa-dyed brownish red tea, and let it cool off.

After a brief pre-flight check I drank the tea over approximately 30 minutes. NASTY. Even nastier than Pedro tea. The next time I won't put as much vinegar in, because the taste of that made it even worse. I laid down in my bed, and stayed there for an unexpected three hours. I felt it begin to take effect before I finished the ~2 ounces of concentrated tea - first off, a distinct woman's voice that seems to come from the caapi, encouraging me to finish off the tasty tea. I did so, then laid down in my bed for about 3 hours. I was nearly paralyzed by what was in my stomach, but it was a cathartic sort of feeling - definitely a purgative. I felt that it wouldn't be a profound visionary session, but while in bed I did enter into a deep, dark space with a number of strange, beast-like creatures. I don't remember most of what went on, and I probably was half-asleep for most of this time period. After 3 hours I realized most of the tea had passed through, so I purged and then prepared some changa for a walk outside.

For the past month or so I've had a bit of a strained relationship with Spice, ever since a very scary experience with burnt Spice; this was the reason I joined the Nexus. After approximately 80-100 very friendly and beautiful sessions with Spice I believed it was fundamentally friendly towards me, but the burnt experiences taught me to respect it, and encouraged me to look into a water-based method as well as changa.

With this in mind, I found a shady spot in a nearby pine forest on top of a hill in the middle of my town, a spot I believe was used by Native Americans in the post as a sort of connection point with the Beyond, a spot many people have gone to for journeys of various sorts. I made a pre-flight check, then began a dialogue with the Spice, and asked the "Harmala Man" who I've encountered a number of times to lead me into the tryp. I placed a small amount, half a bowl, of changa (1:1 spice with roughly equal amounts of Caapi, Pau d'Arco, and a bit of peppermint and mullein) into the pipe, said a brief prayer, then partook. I took 3 puffs over about two minutes, and felt very cautious about it. I realized that this was not the time for a breakthrough attempt, but still wanted to get some feedback from changa. After the second puff, the clowns began to appear, and confirmed that now was not the time to go deeper, but confirmed for me that there IS someone at the other end of the line, so to say. I was told that the session was over, and to enjoy the rest of the beautiful day in town. I walked into town with the brightest, unmistakable ear-to-ear smile on my face. Many people looked at me as I walked down the street. What a nice feeling that was. I'm now going to head outside for another brief puff of changa, then on to a Kundalini Yoga session.

Thanks to all who have helped me over the past month; I am soon beginning a phase of serious work with aya, and will keep you posted.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 4/16/2010 3:03:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's good to hear that you are easing yourself back in to experiences with love and respect for the medicine and yourself. Welcome back. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

lyserge
#3 Posted : 4/16/2010 2:37:07 PM

polyfather anomalous

Thank you ms_manic, I've found your reports deeply inspiring.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

ragabr
#4 Posted : 4/16/2010 4:00:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice lysergify Smile Thank you for sharing.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms