We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Mythbusters of D M T Options

benzyme
#61 Posted : 4/19/2010 2:05:09 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

deamsterphile wrote:
Quote:
DMT exists in all of our bodies and occurs throughout the plant and
animal kingdoms. It is a part of the normal makeup of humans and other
mammals; marine animals; grasses and peas; toads and frogs; mushrooms
and molds; and barks, flowers, and roots.

He does not site a reference for this statement but it is stated in this context in his book as a fact and not an opinion.

Whether it is documented or not...

ok, but that's a given, considering how ubiquitous tryptophan is

and that says nothing about the pineal gland connection, and the enzyme involved with the metabolism of tryptamine to dmt.
this evidence is just not there, and you'd be hard-pressed to find it.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pokey
#62 Posted : 4/19/2010 2:53:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Blundering_Novice wrote:

They aren't yet myths if you cant debunk them. You're making a presupposition!

I read on the internet that smoking DMT can, on rare occasions, turn the smoker into a lemur. While I realize this may sound very unlikely, I don't think we can call this a myth, as I believe it can't be debunked. I would hate to make a presupposition!

Pokey

Blundering_Novice
#63 Posted : 4/19/2010 4:29:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Pokey wrote:
Blundering_Novice wrote:

They aren't yet myths if you cant debunk them. You're making a presupposition!

I read on the internet that smoking DMT can, on rare occasions, turn the smoker into a lemur. While I realize this may sound very unlikely, I don't think we can call this a myth, as I believe it can't be debunked. I would hate to make a presupposition!

Pokey

Pretty sure a "person turning into a lemur" and "naturally generated tryptamines MIGHT be at play during dreaming and meditation" are not in the same ballpark, much less the same game. I *SORT OF* take your point, but I stand by mine. We simply cannot declare some things as false yet. Call them unlikely, counter-intuitive, what have you....but declaring things as 'myths' that haven't yet been proven as such is as intellectually irresponsible as Joe Rogan ranting about DMT coming from the pineal. Like it, or not.

Pokey
#64 Posted : 4/19/2010 4:32:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Joe Rogan didn't tell me about the lemur thing. It was a much more reliable source.

Pokey

Blundering_Novice
#65 Posted : 4/19/2010 4:49:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Pokey wrote:
Joe Rogan didn't tell me about the lemur thing. It was a much more reliable source.

Pokey

Your point evades me. And for the record, I have only strong suspicions, NOT certanties, that smoking DMT does not on occasion turn one into a lemur.

Pokey
#66 Posted : 4/20/2010 3:21:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have no point. Unless silliness is considered a point, in which case I am not as pointless as I may appear.

Pokey the Pointless

D_Juggz
#67 Posted : 7/13/2010 6:54:09 AM

Dr Do Little

benzyme wrote:
Evening Glory wrote:
In short, this means that both the substrate and the enzymes needed for the reactions are found in the pineal gland.

It does, however, not mean that DMT is in fact synthesized there. All we know is that it is naturally occuring in the body, and that the pineal gland could be the organ responsible.

the mRNA for INMT is missing from the pineal gland.
can't make products if the genes necessary for protein expression are not there.

That would actually make more sense benzyme, why would you want INMT produced in the pineal, when its an organ directly linked to the blood supply of the brain?
That would result in the pineal spreading a continuous flow of DMT into brain tissue, rendering the person in a constant DMT/Dreamlike trip.
No, rather you would want INMT produced in the lungs, while in the right conditions it meets tryptamine, which is produced in the CNS.
There are high concentrations of Monoamine Oxidases in the lung tissue aswell to keep this balance in check.

Evening Glory wrote:
Yeah, it's a wonderful paper! I especially took note of this: "INMT mRNA was present in the rank order of lung > liver > brain (Thompson and Weinshilboum, 1998 )."

Does this rationale not present a possible mechanism? It would be easier to regulate DMT which enters the brain if INMT was produced outside the brain.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
-Confucius

"Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all share the same dreams"

«PREV234