We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Mythbusters of D M T Options

۩
#1 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:25:01 PM

Dear CEL

We need a MYTHS section in the eBook

A chapter to discuss all the SILLY myths that have occurred all over the internet that people repetitiously spew over and over.

A chapter to, once and for all, bring everyone to the same page of FACT vs FICTION.

What do you say?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

burnt
#2 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:29:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I think its a great idea. Unfortunately I don't have too much free time to contribute but would be happy to review anything for content.

Ginkgo
#3 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:31:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely a great idea! I would love to help out with whatever is needed.

Oncewas
#4 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:33:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I say Yay!

Debunk the strassman theory that people tried bringing to reality.

Debunk the whole meditation = dmt.

edit - also the whole MAOI RIMA diet misconceptions(if not already covered)

۩
#5 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:35:55 PM

Yes, Pineal = DMT = SPECULATION

Meditation is NOT DMT

DMT doesn't produce DREAMS

MAOI/RIMA !

Ginkgo
#6 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:37:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Metta wrote:

This is not a misconception, it is just sometimes exaggerated. Large intake of tyramine in combination with MAOIs, also RIMAs, may give headache in some individuals. I have experiences this myself, so has soulfood and several others, and it is not a coincidence that literally all tribes using Ayahuasca follows a diet consisting of no or very little tyramine the days before an Ayahuasca journey.

۩
#7 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:40:50 PM

They do so to become "Transparent"

I think a good diet is always important.

Ginkgo
#8 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:56:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
They do so to become "Transparent"

I think a good diet is always important.

Yeah, true. Menstruating women, alcohol drinkers and people that recently have had sex are also not allowed to partake in a ceremony. The reasoning behind is that the spirits does not like these smells. Psychedelic Information Theory has a great theory about this, although a bit speculative. I believe that the tribes also have experienced headaches because of tyramine, and reasoned this to be that the spirits are mad because of intake certain foods (this is of course pure speculation from me).

A good diet is always important, absolutely. We should, however, be careful with saying that the tyramine/RIMA is a myth, as individuals eating exceptionally high amounts of tyramine rich food might get a very bad headache as a result.

۩
#9 Posted : 4/15/2010 7:00:48 PM

Thank you for clarifying that, Glory!

I once consumed too much bridgesii with cocoa and soy sauce earlier in the day, and indeed, I spent the night in cerebral agony.

clouds
#10 Posted : 4/15/2010 9:14:55 PM

Human

Metta wrote:

Bill Cipher
#11 Posted : 4/15/2010 9:39:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's a fact, however, that menstruating women attract bears and wolverines, and should therefore be shunned by the rest of the community.

Make sure it's included in the book.

Just kidding...
Razz

Blundering_Novice
#12 Posted : 4/15/2010 11:32:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You guys are WAY ahead of yourselves.

If you want to provide a list of things 'NOT YET PROVEN,' then fine and I support that. But none of you (feel free to prove me wrong) can prove that some meditative states/dreaming do not somehow release small amounts of tryptamines into the brain any more than Strassman can prove that they DO.

WE DON'T KNOW (YET)

So, be careful with this MYTHBUSTING talk. I'm all about anti-hype and being rational. I am. And the other side of that coin is not declaring things as false, when they haven't been demonstrated to be.

Blundering_Novice
#13 Posted : 4/15/2010 11:34:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Dear CEL

We need a MYTHS section in the eBook

A chapter to discuss all the SILLY myths that have occurred all over the internet that people repetitiously spew over and over.

A chapter to, once and for all, bring everyone to the same page of FACT vs FICTION.

What do you say?

Substitute "SILLY myths" with "yet unproven ideas."

۩
#14 Posted : 4/15/2010 11:39:45 PM

I find them silly...

For instance, I've known many people who think they are tripping on DMT just because they dream and meditate.

????

If we can't provide evidence yet, we can at least try.

Ginkgo
#15 Posted : 4/15/2010 11:46:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can you prove that deep dreams and meditation experiences are not because of DMT? Understand me right, I do not believe DMT plays that role, but you can't disprove it at the time writing. Therefore, it is not a silly myth, but a theory. You may think it is a silly theory, and so may I, but that does not make it objectively silly. Not at all.

Blundering_Novice
#16 Posted : 4/15/2010 11:49:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
I find them silly...

For instance, I've known many people who think they are tripping on DMT just because they dream and meditate.

????

If we can't provide evidence yet, we can at least try.

YOU find them silly, so lets create a page dedicated to what YOU think is silly, then? Think about how dogmatic that seems.

Thats fine and well. Demonstrate that there are NOT small amounts of tryptamines released into the brain during these states. Based on how similar tryptamines are to serotonin (the neurotransmitter we are normally 'tripping' on) its not all all unreasonable to think that DMT is involved.

Now, I know as well as you, that we've never had a dream or a meditation that was anything like a DMT trip. But bear in mind that we are consuming relatively HUGE amounts compared to whats natural in our bodies. So I wouldn't expect them to be alike. Look at how different a regular 30g dose is from a 60! Very different experience.

Tell me why you have difficulty with the possibility that a substance already in our bodies is, at least partially, responsible for dreams, meditative states, spontaneous religious experiences, and so on.

The fact remains that we know far too little to declare what IS and what ISN'T.

۩
#17 Posted : 4/15/2010 11:59:41 PM

LOL Sorry for expressing my opinion...thanks for ripping it to shreds Pleased

Blundering_Novice
#18 Posted : 4/16/2010 12:30:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
LOL Sorry for expressing my opinion...thanks for ripping it to shreds Pleased

Express your opinion, by all means! I'm not out to stifle anyone. But back it up! Tell me how you are so certain these things are mythical. I've laid the groundwork for you to refute my reasoning here. If you can, do.

Don't get me wrong here. I think I understand whats at the root of your idea. You want to prevent 'theories' from being declared as 'fact.' I'm 100% with you on that. What I don't support is declaring a 'maybe' as a 'false' when we don't know it is false. Ya dig?

Blundering_Novice
#19 Posted : 4/16/2010 12:34:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Metta wrote:
I say Yay!

Debunk the strassman theory that people tried bringing to reality.

YES!!!!! By all means, debunk it. We are waiting. BTW, how are you going to do this?

Observant
#20 Posted : 4/16/2010 12:41:29 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Quote:
After 40 years of preparation, Master Mantak Chia is now ready to present the ancient wisdom of the Dark Room Technology; starting February 10, 2002, with the Immortal Tao Practices of Kan & Li (Lesser, Greater and Greatest) in the dark. All spiritual traditions have used the Dark Room techniques throughout the ages, referring to it as the Perfect Inner Alchemy Chamber.
A dark room environment changes the body chemistry, which affects the Pineal,Pituitary and Thalamus/Hypothalamus Glands.

In Europe, the dark room has often appeared in underground form as a network of tunnels; the Pyramids in Egypt, the catacombs in Rome or the caves used by the Essenes, near the Dead Sea in Israel. The Taoist tradition has used Cave Dark Room Technology throughout the ages for all higher level Inner Alchemy Practices. The Tao says: ‘When you go into the dark and this becomes total, the darkness soon turns into light’Every day the body needs tryptophan, an essential amino acid. This is converted into serotonin and melatonin (average 2-5mg./ day). When you are in the dark room the melatonin is able to build up gradually. When this store reaches a sufficient amount (15-20mg.) the body then produces pinoline (a super conductor). It also realizes that it no longer needs any more melatonin.

At this point the tryptophan is then able to adopt a secondary function of producing 5MEO and DMT (Dimethyltryptamine). When you reach the ‘DMT state’ you begin to function consciously from the various psychic centers or chakras. The bodily processes of ‘Healing Love’ are then combined with those of the Dark Room. The human states of true compassion and sexual arousal create a new chemistry and a new vibration within the body. This ‘special’ vibration occurs at a frequency of 8Hz. ‘As in the macrocosm, so it is in the microcosm’; hence if we make love, then all the cells and DNA actually make love as well. The DNA cross over, like two serpents intertwining in an erotic embrace. You need the orgasmic vibration to arouse this crossover process which leads to the ‘two giving birth to three’; the conception of new cells. The two vital states are compassion and arousal leading to orgasm. Both are inextricably linked to love. When this ‘love-vibration’ reaches the pineal gland a new hormone is produced, which in turn creates whole body conductivity. Only when you feel the waves of orgasmic vibration and unconditional love for the self and others can the process be activated and the essence of the darkroom magnified. When the pinoline is triggered you also activate your clairvoyant, clairsentient and clairaudient powers. You may see light and visions, hear music and gain phenomenal insight. Cosmic particles, which have the same cell structures as humans (and from which the Tao believes you evolved) are attracted to you magnetically. You are able to decode this universal information carried from outer space, which may be as old as nothingness itself. When you enter this primordial state or force you are reunited with the true self and divinity within. You literally ‘conduct’ the universal energy. You may see into the past and future, understand the true meaning of existence and begin to understand the order of things. You return to the womb, the cocoon of our material structure and nature’s original Dark Room.

http://www.universal-tao..._room/enlightenment.html
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

123NEXT»