We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
a recomended diet for MAOI consumption Options

greymatter
#1 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:15:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

as i've received some conflicting opinions, could somebody out there recomend a pre-diet for maoi consumption...i've heard that chocolate, caffine,(and whatever other stimulant)fish, soy sauce, banannas etc are extreamy bad to consume prior to the consumption of a maoi....could someone please link me to a list of "dont eats" or could they just post their personal pre-consumption diet as i dont want anything other than my ego to die...thanx

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#2 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:20:59 PM

Well you heard wrong.

This is a widely spread misconception.

You do not need to worry about anything except pharmaceuticals when working with ayawaska.

Be conscious of your diet, eat good things, don't be tweaking too hard on caffeine, eat a light meal a few hours prior, and you can eat anything you want afterward.

Harmalas are not True MAOI, they are RIMA. It's all good...for the most part...

Ginkgo
#3 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:22:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most people can eat whatever they like before, during and after MAOI consumption. A few people can get what is called "cheese syndrome", which occurs because of inability to break down the tyramine in some foods. For a more or less complete list of foods containing tyramine, take a look here.

Safe travels!

soulfood
#4 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:22:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I wouldn't say these things were extremely bad to consume and many folk say the dangers of interactions with ayahuasca type MAOI's are highly overstated, as these substances don't fully inhibit all MAO, but just the enzymes that break don't certain substances.

I can say I have had some pretty annoying headaches when a proper diet wasn't used, so I just stick to eating fresh fish, fruits, nuts and seeds 2 days before. Not only does these eliminate the smaller irritations it actually makes the experience of lot more clear.

greymatter
#5 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:29:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks everybody...you've been a great help!Very happy

soulfood
#6 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:33:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

۩ wrote:

You do not need to worry about anything except pharmaceuticals when working with ayawaska.

From my experience I can confidently disagree with this.

I haven't experiemented with removing individual food types to the extent where I have a complete catalogue of foods and symptoms I have experienced from them. But I can say for sure that I can intense headaches unless I reduce my intake of red meat and dairy products before using ayahuasca or even extracted pure harmalas.

۩
#7 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:34:27 PM

well that makes sense, soulfood...I don't consume either of those things...

dieta es muy importante ALL WAYS!

greymatter
#8 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:46:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

asi es

Observant
#9 Posted : 4/15/2010 6:59:01 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

You should also avoid MSG rich food to avoid headache !
I read it's more likely to cause the "CR-syndrome" ,combined with maois.
Quote:

"Chinese restaurant syndrome: A syndrome first described in 1968 in people who had eaten Chinese food on which MSG (monosodium glutamate) had been lavished. The syndrome only seems to occur in some people. Their symptoms may include headache, throbbing of the head, dizziness, lightheadedness, a feeling of facial pressure, tightness of the jaw, burning or tingling sensations over parts of the body, chest pain, and back pain. Large amounts of MSG may cause arterial dilatation (widening of arteries). Many Chinese do not believe in the existence of the Chinese restaurant syndrome. It may be a hypersensitive (allergic) reaction."
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

ms_manic_minxx
#10 Posted : 4/16/2010 2:59:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Generally, I work with the medicine for lots of cleansing, self-healing, and education about how to work with myself to operate more efficiently, physically, psychologically, etc.

I think it's polite to have a clean mouth before visiting the dentist.

If Mama Aya heals your gut and your body... just be kind to yourself. Smile The Elves work tirelessly and with love to keep the grand machine YOUR BODY operating in the best ways possible: return the favor. Think about what you are eating, and ask, "Will this nourish my elves?"
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

cosmicladybug
#11 Posted : 4/23/2011 9:37:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Generally, I work with the medicine for lots of cleansing, self-healing, and education about how to work with myself to operate more efficiently, physically, psychologically, etc.

I think it's polite to have a clean mouth before visiting the dentist.

If Mama Aya heals your gut and your body... just be kind to yourself. Smile The Elves work tirelessly and with love to keep the grand machine YOUR BODY operating in the best ways possible: return the favor. Think about what you are eating, and ask, "Will this nourish my elves?"

This is really nicely said, Minxx, thank you. I often fall prey to the notion that if I really crave something (macaroni and cheese, for example) that it MUST be nourishing my body/mind/etc...I realize that's not always the case but sometimes it's tough to resist those awful habits. What you said re: dentist/clean mouth makes SO much sense. thanks again.