We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
changa or straight spice for the novice? Options

jbark
#1 Posted : 4/13/2010 5:31:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am thinking of trying changa (still researching to find the "perfect" (theoretical) blend. I have two questions:

Is changa smoother (I don't mean less harsh to smoke, but rather a less abrupt transition into hyperspace)?

Is it preferable to familiarize oneself with pure spice, then to venture into changa, or to dive right in to herbal MAOI mixtures?

I have 4 pure spice trips behind me, including one rough one.

thanks for any thoughts.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ragabr
#2 Posted : 4/13/2010 5:34:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM says changa all the way. Definitely a smoother transition for her, and the whole journey feels much calmer. She decided to work with 1g of freebase before moving on to changa, and now wishes she had started much earlier. If you want to get a feel for it, before committing, just use the leaf bed method with caapi leaves.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

jbark
#3 Posted : 4/13/2010 5:41:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Still trying to source some Caapi leaves in town. I have a (paranoid) aversion to ordering online. Thanks for the opinion, Ragabr - I will redouble my efforts to track down the leaf!

You'll be hearing more from me (for better or for worse!) now that I am a real member.

cheers,
JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 4/13/2010 6:33:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Changa forsureSmile

Much better transision.

jbark
#5 Posted : 4/13/2010 6:48:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just a little apprehensive - my only experience with MAOIs was a 5g syrian Rue tea taken 1/2hour before drinking a 12g chaliponga tea, which resulted in 4 hours of utter hell; I was convinced, after purging, that I had something caught in my throat and I was in peril of choking; so, being alone in the country, I had to fight the desire/pull to just lay down and flow with it to make sure while in Aya's hands I didn't choke to death.

The dose was too high, rue by many accounts is evil Laughing , dosing without a sitter might have been reckless -all this combined with the sensation of choking after purging probably made the experience trying (to say the least), but it has left me with a wariness of all things MAOI...

I'm always game for a second try though, and I'm sure the smoking route must be different or there wouldn't be so many aficionados around.
cheers,
JBArk

gammagore
#6 Posted : 4/13/2010 6:51:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Respect for the plant and spice is a good thing, but, changa is real smooth, guiding and easier to grasp.

jbark
#7 Posted : 4/13/2010 6:58:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks gammagore and Ragabr - I am headed down to the local shop to see if they have any Caapi leaves. I know there is a list up of possible herbal additives (passion flower, blue lotus etc), and I know there are dozens of threads on the subject, but what would you recommend personally?

JBArk

gammagore
#8 Posted : 4/13/2010 7:08:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Caapi leaf, chali leaf, lotus, passionflower, mullein and pau d'arco are all in my drawer.

I only ever mix two herbs, with maybe a pinch of mulleinSmile

jbark
#9 Posted : 4/13/2010 7:14:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chali being Chaliponga, I assume. From those, do you have a favourite 2 herb combination, are are we now talking apples and oranges?

thanks. Quite sure some or all are available at my local shop.

cheers,
JBArk

gammagore
#10 Posted : 4/13/2010 7:15:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jbark wrote:
Chali being Chaliponga, I assume.
thanks. Quite sure some or all are available at my local shop.

cheers,
JBArk

Thats a rightSmile

That must be one awesome local shop you have there, lucky you.

My favourite would be aya android(caapi & chali) and pau d'arco. Both to me have their own quality, feel and color.

jbark
#11 Posted : 4/13/2010 7:18:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, they're pretty awesome. Spores, chacruna, amanita, rue, caapi, salvia, iboga (not recently, though), chaliponga - pretty much anything you vould want. The owner is trying to set up an online store.

oh, I edited the above with another question while you were answering Gammagore. 2nd edit - oh, you got it. thanks

JBArk

gammagore
#12 Posted : 4/13/2010 7:20:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hehe, I edited my answer while you were editing, heheheSmile

jbark
#13 Posted : 4/13/2010 7:26:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

synchronicity? Bet you're typing now. But I'll never know...
JBArkSmile

Bill Cipher
#14 Posted : 4/13/2010 9:00:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Forgive the indulgence, but I'll quote myself from another thread I posted in a couple of weeks back:

Changa is a teenage boy who knocks on your door, corsage in hand, to pick you up for the prom. He's rented a limo, an ill-fitting tux and a junior suite at the Radisson, and after the dance he'll take you to Chili's and break out a bottle of Schnapps. Freebase arrives in a rusted Camaro, no intention of making the dance. He drives you out to the middle of nowhere, then tells you to fuck or walk. Either way, the evening is going to end with the same conclusion. Both have their own individual charms; one just gets straight to the fucking.

That's my take on it anyway, and there are lots of great blends without caapi as well. Electric Sheep (50% blue lotus/50% calea) is DA B-B-B-BOMB - kind of like easing into a bubble bath for the brain, as opposed to sticking your dick in a light socket. I generally prefer the light socket personally, but both have their place in my heart. Razz

jbark
#15 Posted : 4/13/2010 9:16:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well put Uncle Knucles! Though i fear for the girl you woo! ( or guy i guess)
thanks for the guidance.
JBArk

ragabr
#16 Posted : 4/13/2010 9:27:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Second on the Electric Sheep suggestion, with a bowl of plain Caapi before. SWIM could not believe how different her journeys on ES were compared to changa and freebase. Not better than changa, just essentially different.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

ms_manic_minxx
#17 Posted : 4/14/2010 5:01:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Art, I cackled so loudly that my deaf cat is now awake.

Add Caapi tea for hours of Tantric, cosmic sex.

I'm sure I would have stuck my dick in a light socket at least once... if I only had one (Aya helped me release that complex Razz ). So, perhaps some are better suited to certain kinds of experimentation? Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Bill Cipher
#18 Posted : 4/14/2010 6:45:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I live to amuse you, Princess Tripsalot. Laughing

antrocles
#19 Posted : 4/14/2010 7:23:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey...... i thought you lived to amuse ME.... Confused

and for the tally, i will second that electric sheep is stupendous.

although...i just had 5 back-to-back deep breakthroughs on my good ol' changajuana (50% potent cannibis sativa, 25% mullein, 25% lavender, 1:1 with fairly pure spice)

....and boy were they special.....

Shocked

.....oh my....

Shocked

like....seriously.....

Shocked
Wink L&G!!

p.s. so, for the record, my response to the OP's question: CHANGA FTW!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

jbark
#20 Posted : 4/14/2010 1:21:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks all, I bought more mhrb last night (at 16 cents a gram in town I think it was a good deal), and some calea and passion flower (they are getting more blue lotus this week), so I should be ready to go with that in a week or so...

I'll be dreaming of electric sheep till then...

Hey antrocles, howdy from a fellow racing cyclist (retired)! Bet I know what cycling shoes you wear:

www.diamantdmt.com/

Gotta get me a pair!

Cheers,
JBArk

12NEXT