We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
d-Limonene and vacuum funnel Options

blueskine
#1 Posted : 4/11/2010 8:39:20 PM

D.

Does it produce a cleaner result if a vacuum filter is used after d-Limonene is removed from the plant material? Or does it remove alkaloids too?

Thanks
"It is always good to act crazy first because later you can appear normal" -Hunter S. Thompson

"...eyes open, everything is as it was."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ice House
#2 Posted : 4/11/2010 10:28:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

blueskine wrote:
Does it produce a cleaner result if a vacuum filter is used after d-Limonene is removed from the plant material? Or does it remove alkaloids too?

Thanks

I'm not sure how you are thinking of using the vacume filter. My experience with d limo is that it seperates from the mhrb/base solution and it is easily removed from the mix with a pipette or a syringe without having to do much if any filtering at all. If you feel the need to filter your d-limo you can use a couple cotton balls in a funnel. That takes out any particles that you may have picked up. Filtering your d limo in this fasion doesnt remove any alkaloid to my knowledge.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

blueskine
#3 Posted : 4/12/2010 12:50:07 AM

D.

First off this is regarding the acetate.

SWIM had the idea.
One would reduce the Jim Jam that is created. Making the final product more pure.
"It is always good to act crazy first because later you can appear normal" -Hunter S. Thompson

"...eyes open, everything is as it was."

narmz
#4 Posted : 4/15/2010 8:12:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has been wondering this same question for the salting methods that make use of ipa to salt fumarates directly out of limonene. SWIM is pretty much convinced, even though he hasn't tried this yet, that the results would be much cleaner, and also simplify further steps such as cleaning or freebasing.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.