We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"spice" origins? Options

jbark
#1 Posted : 4/10/2010 6:59:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't post in very many places yet, so I hope this gets seen...

Anyone know what the origins of the designation "spice" are? Dune? Somewhere else? Who coined the term?

I love referring to it as "spice"; so descriptive, mysterious untraceable and ungoogleable. Really captures its essence somehow. "The molecule" is fine too, just a little colder, less mystical; "spice" makes me think of trade routes, of new worlds and empires and of spires and temples, of mysterious concoctions, of olfactory delight, of gustatory bliss, of unequaled culinary ecstasy, of novel tastes and of the simple and unique, of untried experience and well trodden innocence, of creation, of culture, of consumption, of variety (of course), of sex, of mystical union, of orgasm, of transcendence and of mixing and combining and numbing and of well veiled and ancient alchemy and witch-crockery...

Am I alone in this? Laughing

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

deamsterphile
#2 Posted : 4/10/2010 8:05:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Good Q

Not sure

hope someone knows

Capt_Bones
#3 Posted : 4/10/2010 8:21:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No idea on the origin, but i love your elaborate remark and think it fits perfectly. i too love the name spice.

plus that orangey "powder" looks like one crazy nice spice Very happy
The D M T is in your mind.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 4/10/2010 9:31:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It has no connection to Dune, I recall a thread about this same subject a few months ago, if my memory serves me correct, acolon_5 said it has somthing to do with elf-spice, the spice that alows us to connect with the elves.

Il try and search for it when I have free timeSmile

EDIT: just found this thread https://www.dmt-nexus.me...posts&t=8696&p=2 im sure there are is atleast one more somewhere.

lyserge
#5 Posted : 4/11/2010 1:38:23 AM

polyfather anomalous

That link isn't working for me gammagore. In the old Quantum Tantra extraction tek they USED to have posted on erowid (and thankfully it appears they've taken it down), the author used the term elf-spice. I don't know if he originated it.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

jbark
#6 Posted : 4/11/2010 1:46:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah, that's the tek i used for my first extraction (and only, so far). I remember coming acros the term, but I'd be surprised if that was the first time - if so, it sure has gained currency!

The link didn't work for me either, gammagore.

Any other thoughts out there on the term "spice"?

cheers,
JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

SunRise
#7 Posted : 4/11/2010 4:57:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always thought it was from duneRolling eyes Spice is, however, the best term for me.
Spice Tavelin
Space Cowboy

Just know that when you finally realize what type of place the Nexus is, and how many lives it has touched, know that you have helped each one of them and I hope you continue doing so and never lose your way in life-Steely

BananaForeskin
#8 Posted : 4/11/2010 5:15:48 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

In the thread from a few weeks ago, the general conclusion was that Terence Mckenna had coined elf-spice originally.
Now, he may have.
But in my heart, it's still Dune... <3
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

jamie
#9 Posted : 4/11/2010 5:46:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

isnt the "spice" in dune super addictive and they die without it?..the spice in dune to me seems closer to an opiate.
Long live the unwoke.

gammagore
#10 Posted : 4/11/2010 6:42:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Link is working now.

jbark
#11 Posted : 4/11/2010 8:53:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks gammagore - good link, but it took them a while to get back on topic!

So:

a) "spice" may come from dune
b) "spice" may come from QT's extraction tech, but his reference to elf-spice probably has its origins in c)
c) "spice may come from T. McKenna's coining of term "elf-spice"
d) "spice" may come from the fact that it is extracted from an herb (phalaris) or a root bark (mimosa) and as such was often purchased through merchants of culinary spices

Food for thought. Any other ideas, theories, propositions, imaginings, dreams?

JBArk

gammagore
#12 Posted : 4/11/2010 8:55:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ a bit of c&d I say.

jbark
#13 Posted : 4/11/2010 9:03:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
^^ a bit of c&d I say.

Sorry, don't follow gammagore... what's c&d, and forgive my ignorance.

JBArk

d*l*b
#14 Posted : 4/11/2010 9:14:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think he means points c) and d) you posted...
D × V × F > R

jbark
#15 Posted : 4/11/2010 9:28:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh yeah, kinda obvious, I guess... I'll blame the fever and the bronchitis!

cough, cough,

JBArk

gammagore
#16 Posted : 4/11/2010 9:28:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
I think he means points c) and d) you posted...

hehe, ye thanks d*l*b, thats what I meantSmile

BananaForeskin
#17 Posted : 4/11/2010 9:50:44 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

The spice in Dune is super-addictive and you die without it, and the same point could be made about the naturally-occurring DMT in our bodies. Would we die without it? Perhaps... Like in Dune, perhaps endogenous DMT does give greater consciousness.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

syn
#18 Posted : 4/11/2010 10:17:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have to say that the "Dune" reference will always be more meaningful to me. Don't care if it's incorrect as far as historical accuracy. Short of the whole addiction element a lot of the "mythology" associated with the "spice" in Dune really sorta jives with the real thing so that beats out the "elf-spice" tale any day.

jbark
#19 Posted : 4/11/2010 10:27:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Choose what to believe and you create your own reality - just don't be shocked if it doesn't jibe with others'! I kinda like the Dune source myself as well. Just wanted to see if there were any other things I could learn to believe in.
cheers,
JBArk