We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
After effects Options

obliguhl
#1 Posted : 4/9/2010 8:45:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How do you feel after shrooming?
I feel so uneasy..a but axnious....agressive...almost hateful because there are now energys i cant deal with. Its like i can't tolerate the things which hurt me the most..like people not answering me. This ticks me off...i've lost every tolerance for that. I want to run all night but i already hiked through the city today

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 4/9/2010 9:40:08 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I usually feel very calm, very mellow. Sometimes I am humbled, but usually I am awed. I have always found mushrooms to be very Gaian and, even when I have rough spots, I feel like I have been returned to the womb, at least as far as my mental states go. I feel cozy, relaxed, and very de-stressed. I dunno, I feel kindred with the mushroom despite not taking it nearly as frequently as many on here.

I've never felt anxious or aggressive after coming down, maybe a little uneasy, but I find that any unease passes following a nice beer and a good nights sleep after I'm completely down. Did you hike through the city on mushrooms? I try to have my mushroom experiences out in nature. Much of modern society feels wrong or doesn't quite mesh with the vibes I get from the mushroom, so i tend to avoid actual centers of civilization. Even if it's the woods in the middle of campus, it becomes my own personal retreat from the occasionally sickening and very disturbing reality we have created all around us.

What do you mean not answering you? Like ignoring direct questions? Or not responding to posts? Maybe a lack of acknowledgment indicates something wrong with the other party rather than yourself. Either way, I find that it is best to not let the actions of others mediate my mental state. I'm not saying I'm prefect at doing that, or even remotely good, but that's another lesson that has been there for me on several mushroom trips. I hope you're feeling ok and can settle out some of these emotions.

peace and love
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Kazoo...
#3 Posted : 4/9/2010 9:44:13 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

EAT SOME GOOD FOOD..... it will do wonders for your current disposition....
Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see....

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 4/10/2010 10:28:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Did you hike through the city on mushrooms?

Not the last time, no...yesterday i just kept walking and walking and walking...but it did not make me calmer, just more tired.

Quote:
What do you mean not answering you? Like ignoring direct questions? Or not responding to posts? Maybe a lack of acknowledgment indicates something wrong with the other party rather than yourself.

I'm awaiting some replies from friends who I'm working with on a project, and i'v been ignored all my life so it's actually really hard for me to accept people who won't communicate with me.

Quote:
Either way, I find that it is best to not let the actions of others mediate my mental state.

Thats something i really really need to learn somehow.

Thank you both...maybe i should just take a short break. I also notice that i invest too much time into psychs lately...maybe because my life is slightly off-track so ..its a substitute...i really need to take a break and continue with some cacti while enjoying a sunny evening with people i like.

Rgeular Dudess
#5 Posted : 4/10/2010 11:53:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

As I told in another thread I´ve only tripped once on shrooms so far. For me the positive after effects lasted for half a day until I went sleeping. I basically felt really easy with myself. My mind didn´t cling on thought patterns or external things. Due to this I actually felt like I had lost 10 to 20 kilo´s of my body mass, I could physically feel it. I also sensed the air which is surrounding my body a little differently. The air was like ether which was supporting me and connecting me physically with everything else. The next day after the sleep I had a really strong headache though. It lasted for a whole day. Any ideas what might have caused the headache?

@Obliguhl: Before I read this post I thought most of the people get similar after effects as I´ve experienced. It seems that maybe you should keep off psychedelics for a while. Or it might be also possible that I will experience the kinds of after effects you described after the next time I trip. I don´t know..

Anyway, my trip didn´t feel very spiritual to me (at the time). I wouldn´t concider it a bad nor a good trip. But it was strong. I had some auditory as well as strong visual hallucionations and at times I felt like I was seeing into a different dimension with my "third eye" (I saw an endless 3D grid of some sort). So for me the trip was actually just right in terms of it affecting me.

Rgeular Dudess
#6 Posted : 4/10/2010 12:02:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@Obliguhl: I forgot to ask... How were the after effects for you the first time you did mushrooms?

whiskey5
#7 Posted : 4/18/2010 12:41:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

well said SnozzleBerry. I also feel humbled by the experience. Like the shroom put me through all those experiences for a reason. I also feel like I've returned home during the afterglow of period.

obliguhl wrote:

Not the last time, no...yesterday i just kept walking and walking and walking...but it did not make me calmer, just more tired.

I drank some tea the other day, went to a reggae fest in town. Stayed for about an hour, then started getting real self-concious so I left. Walked home about 10 miles. I'm in Austin, so there is the city aspect also, not to mention the amount of traffic. Walking through the city was enjoyable when I would look at the tall buildings in wonder, or hear music from the festival reverberate off buildings, but I felt uneasy as well. For one thing, I was lost. Had no idea where I was going, and knew I was tripping too hard to even try and use my cell phone maps to find out. Had no clue what direction was what.

But yeah, the walk didn't calm me down either. There was just way too much information to process I guess. The traffic was driving me nuts, and I had to cross several roads to get to a path down by the river that I could walk on. Again, not even knowing where that path led. But it led me home in the end.

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 4/22/2010 11:48:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@Rgeular Dudess
Do you also get headaches from spice? I get them from spice and mushrooms. With mushrooms i additionally feel VERY VERY exhausted the next day. Like i didn't sleep the night at all! Its so sad because it drastically limits my use of these entheogens.

@whiskey5
So it also makes you feel very confused? This is something i don't like like...the inability to think...not because of the intensity but because of "mindfog".

BTW, the negative afttereffects vanished. I think they were due to my inability to finish the experience in peace because i had to hurry, to clea up my place as i was getting unexpected visitors.

Rgeular Dudess
#9 Posted : 4/22/2010 1:39:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
@Rgeular Dudess
Do you also get headaches from spice? I get them from spice and mushrooms. With mushrooms i additionally feel VERY VERY exhausted the next day. Like i didn't sleep the night at all! Its so sad because it drastically limits my use of these entheogens.

I haven´t done dmt yet. I´ll probably dive in with Ayahuasca (in Peru) before I do vaporized dmt.. The next time shrooming for me will be after a few months so we´ll see if I´ll get the headache again from mushrooms.

whiskey5
#10 Posted : 4/22/2010 6:30:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:

@whiskey5
So it also makes you feel very confused? This is something i don't like like...the inability to think...not because of the intensity but because of "mindfog".

Could probably call it confusion. Its my mind full of thoughts that come in and out, and I latch onto one for whatever reason and I have to think it through to some unknown resolution.

These thoughts, are like personal thoughts that don't normally surface very often, unless I'm talking to someone I can trust.

So, I don't think about those things much. But, with mushrooms it more often than not will bring those thoughts to light, for a confrontation with myself.

I've come to learn to not know what to expect when I ingest mushrooms. Like going to a reggae fest on 3gs of tea sounds like a fun idea, on a friday afternoon - and for me it turned into a personal trip, where self-conciousness (my #1 obstacle) was brought to bear.

So, I left the fest, with that thought in my mind. And walking through the city where I should have known where I was and how to get home - but I didn't know where I was or how to get home.

But I like those trips. Where I go crazy in my own head. Cause I arrive at conclusions for these "thoughts" I get. And after that its like being refreshed anew, and then I can laugh about the whole experience.

Each experience like that has always ended with me feeling grateful that I made it through the experience. Because sometimes during it, I can think that all life, my life, is meaningless (just a bunch of fibers, nerves, brain cells working together to make "conciousness"Pleased, and you can probably tell where that might end up. I actually think I drive myself crazy during a trip thinking of those things.

Because they won't stop, just an emotional rollercoaster. And the whole thinking process is intense. It actually progresses like the trip itself. Where a thought will come in, I'll pick it up unknowingly and begin thinking about it. And the more I think, the more details I get out of it. And I'm always trying to find the end of that stream of thoughts, and the more I can't find the end, the crazier I actually get. I've had to bury my head in my couch and scream into it one night, cause I didn't want to wake my neighbors by screaming outloud.

But, I had to scream cause it was torrential. So it had a buildup, the peak. And only twice have arrived at an answer to the thoughts. And then it was like the come-down. Breath of fresh air, eyes all watery. And I'm like "whew...I made it....", and then it starts again about a minute later.

Would go on and on like that for a couple hours. And then I can sense that pattern of thinking is gone, and I can ride the rest of the trip out.

I like the way it ends.

Just an example of how that thought pattern works for me, sometimes. I was writing a near-real-time-trip-report on another forum and this is kind of how things went in my head:

(as I start writing in the post)

Me: Why I am writing? Like what is that I'm doing here?
Answer: Sharing the experience with these people
Me: Why? Who are they to you? Why is sharing this experience important?

And this would be very quick, back and forth type of conversation in my head. And that was the maddening part. Sometimes the conversation would be long, and then wrap back around on itself so that the whole thing started over, and thats when I'd usually scream.

Anyways, the questions were more because of what I was actually doing had actually lost its meaning. Like I forgot what the intention was. But it would go on and on like that, and I'd usually never get to finish the post cause it would be crazy time at the point.

And when I would post it would be: "whew....a breather....blah blah....here we go again..."

And then another train of thoughts come rushing in.

DMTripper
#11 Posted : 4/23/2010 4:01:11 AM

John Murdoch IV

I feel very positive and alive after tripping on shrooms. Very connected to life and happy. I can be a little tired but after sleeping that off I feel great. No headaches from shrooms but sometimes from DMT. But nothing serious.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!