We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dried Salvia Leaf Options

DimethylSpice
#1 Posted : 4/9/2010 12:19:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so swim acquired 50G's of dried oaxacan salvia divinorum leaves today with his mhrb order and he has been wanting to experiment with some chewing/quidding doses as well as maybe a salvia tea that he would hold in his mouth for a period of time and either swallow? or spit out? he not really sure what would be better, anyone have any ideas?

anyways swim is about to try his first quid dose using 5G's of dried leaf.

he will compact it into a nice little ball and chew it up and chew on it really good for as long as he can or as long as it takes for him to feel any effects.

after he gives this a try he will come back from his meditative setting and update me with the results so i can share.

see you soon.
All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

If you are waiting for "that moment", that moment is now.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DimethylSpice
#2 Posted : 4/9/2010 1:12:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well i can definitely say that chewing on dried salvia leaf is not for swim.

maybe the experience would have been different if it were fresh salvia leaf, but swim just tried to chew on 5G's of dried leaf wich turned out to be quite a lot and very disgustingly tasting and dry.

swim chewed on it for like 5 minutes before he couldnt handle the taste/texture anymore and decided to spit the chewed leaves into the toilet.

During the time swim was chewing them he felt no noticeable effects. after he spit them out a noticed a slight head change that came and went pretty quickly, but aside from that, nothing.

swim probably either didnt chew enough leaves or didnt chew them for long enough, but all he can say is that he doesnt think he will be doing that again.

swim will stick with smoking the leaves wich has proved to be enjoyable for him.

most extracts are to strong and can be rough, but the leaves are a nice calming meditative smoke for swim.
All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

gibran2
#3 Posted : 4/9/2010 1:23:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

When quidding dried leaf, it is highly recommended that the leaves be rehydrated by soaking in water before use.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

DimethylSpice
#4 Posted : 4/9/2010 1:55:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
When quidding dried leaf, it is highly recommended that the leaves be rehydrated by soaking in water before use.

this probably would of helped some, but im not sure how much.

the taste made it hard for me to center myself and relax so i could try to assess the effects.

maybe ill give it one more try only pre-soaking it this time or maybe trying the tea thing.

if i do, i will post results, but im not sure when that will be.

reflexion
#5 Posted : 4/12/2010 5:07:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

swim can relate. the leaves are pretty bitter! but in swim's experience and based on what he's read, it works better if you very slowly eat the leaves as you chew them to pieces. it definitely takes some practice. and it makes a great launchpad for smoking the leaf! don't give up yet.

LawnBoy
#6 Posted : 4/13/2010 2:43:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can easily lose goods in the water, from soaking the dried leaves. But it definitely is necessary to wet the dried leaves. Just drink the water, after one has spit out the quid.
Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.

DimethylSpice
#7 Posted : 4/13/2010 4:10:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im thinking swim might just stick with 10x extract since it has never done him wrong.

geeg30
#8 Posted : 4/16/2010 2:44:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nothing wrong in smoking dried leaf - a bucket bong and a few good lungfulls is all you need.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

gibran2
#9 Posted : 4/16/2010 3:15:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

20mg of 20X in a mini-bong gets me there every time – and it’s barely a puff of smoke.
Extracts, when used responsibly, greatly reduce the amount of smoke one needs to inhale.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

DimethylSpice
#10 Posted : 5/9/2010 5:18:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DimethySpice Wrote:
Quote:
maybe ill give it one more try only pre-soaking it this time or maybe trying the tea thing.

if i do, i will post results, but im not sure when that will be.

Last night swim drank a little to much tea and couldnt fall asleep so he decided to give sub-lingual salvia another try.

He first pre-soaked approx 5G's of dried leaf in water for about 5-7 minutes to re-hydrate.

he then rolled them up in to nice tight quid and placed it under his tongue.

the taste was much less harsh this time. i dont know why swim was bonehead enough to try quidding with dry leaves. (barf)

so swim basically just sat in his chair in the dark (low light) with some ambient music playing as well as some nice visualizations on his laptop screen.

he would rotate between chewing on the quid and letting it sit under his tongue.

swim tried to swallow a few times but was afraid if he kept swallowing the spit/salvia he might gag and didnt want to waste the experience so he started to just let the salvia laced saliva sit in his mouth and under his tongue for as long as he could then spit it out and repeat.

swim did this for about 20 minutes. He has read that it takes longer to get the full effect, but after the 20 minutes he couldnt bare the taste anymore.

swim didnt feel anything for about the first 15 minutes, but at about the 15-20 minute mark he did slightly feel the effects.

he felt very dreamy and felt a mild "body stone" and just the slightest visual distortions,

well after he spit the quid out he knew it would be a waste to quit there because he was feeling it a little.

swim remembered reading what reflexion had written about it being a great "launchpad" for smoking dried leaf.

he also took the advice of LawnBoy and drank the cup of water he had the leaves soaking in previously.

after finishing the water he decided to pack a bowl of dried leaf in his pipe and proceeded to smoke it.

well all swim can say is that you guys were both right.. after drinking the water and finishing the bowl of dried leaf i was finally there. in salvia space, but only this was different than any of swims other salvia journeys.

He could feel the familiar "pull" but it wasnt intense and painful like extract can sometimes be. He also didnt have the sharp pins and needles feeling either.

since the room was already quite dark, swim decided to just close his eyes and ride the strange salvia current.

this was far from a breakthrough dose, but swim found it to be very enjoyable and a lot less harsh than extract can sometimes be.

swim will probably experiment further in the future.

Metanoia
#11 Posted : 5/11/2010 9:58:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's the way to do it! Pleased

Quid + smoked plain leaf is much preferable over extract for SWIM these days. He's worked with Salvia for so long that he usually just smokes the plain leaf and can reach a desirable level. When he quids and smokes, he breaks through every time.

DimethylSpice
#12 Posted : 5/11/2010 11:24:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Next time swim is going to use a larger quid and try to chew/hold it in his mouth longer and smoke double the amount of leaf afterward from his bong instead of his pipe.

he thinks this should be enough to produce a full breakthrough experience.

Elpo
#13 Posted : 5/12/2010 10:27:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting. Good advice.

Peace
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson