We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can I use Xylen as an alcohol? Options

Hvalfangeren
#1 Posted : 4/8/2010 10:38:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi.
Can I use Xylen in the same way I would use Ethanol or Metanol?
Trolls flow on within you and without you

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Hvalfangeren
#2 Posted : 4/8/2010 10:40:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And can I use Heptan like Naptha?

endlessness
#3 Posted : 4/8/2010 10:48:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ethanol and metanol mix with water, xylene/heptane/naphtha not. so depending on what you want to do, no... Ethanol and methanol are way more polar, xylene is more non-polar, naphtha even more, and heptane the most non-polar... Some alkaloids will be soluble in some of them, others in other, also depending on which form the alkaloid is (freebase, salt, etc) you cant generalize "can I use the same way" because there are many applications.. what do you want to do, clean your table or extract a certain specific alkaloid or what? tell us the plans and we can say if you can use or not Smile

Hvalfangeren
#4 Posted : 4/8/2010 11:06:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ofc Smile
A friend at a factory have full acess to barrels of xylene, and SWIM was wondering if its possible to do an easy-mode pcilocin-extraction with this as SWIM grow alot of shrooms, and alcohols is expensive in cold Norway.
Also a friend of SWIM, whos "moving" away came today with some vials of Heptan, Acetone and some kalium nitrat tabs.
And Ive had an growing interest for chemistry as Ive been growing more and more ethnobotanical plants the last few years.

The Acetone I know I can use on my S. Divinorum's
Heptan on DMT-extractions, and the same goes for the HNO3 (no idea what its named in English)right?

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#5 Posted : 4/9/2010 12:36:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
Errr... what are you planning on using the Nitric Acid (HNO3) for? Acidifying water for an Acid/Base extraction? Please don't put HNO3 directly onto plant or fungus material. If you would like to do an acid/base extraction, put some HNO3 (or acetic acid CH3COOH, or hydrochloric acid HCl) into water and use that to extract the plant or fungus material. Then base that material up with NaOH, or Ca(OH)2, or NaHCO3, or Na2CO3.

FYI, most people who speak English aren't going to know what "Kalium" is. The English term is Potassium, so you have some potassium nitrate tablets. I'm not sure what someone would use KNO3 for in the process of obtaining and using psychedelics.

You ought to post an introduction in the relevant forum section so people can get to know you. Welcome to the Nexus!

Hvalfangeren
#6 Posted : 4/9/2010 2:40:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Isnt HNO3 very unstabile to store? Thats why I thought you use KNO3 (tablets, easyer to store) and mix it in water then add H2SO4 to get HNO3.
And for what SWIM is going to use it for SWIM doesnt know. Ive got everything from Sida acutas, Ice plants, ephedras, coleus blumei morningglorys/hbwr, mandrakes and cacti to catnip, hemia and chili. Also Artemesia Absinthium grows wild here, I was thinking of a thujon extract, have no idea if this is possible.

And thank you.
Ive been lurking around but havent really said hello before today Smile