We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Antidepressants and MAOI Options

Fernape
#1 Posted : 4/8/2010 5:26:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is on Lexapro antidepressants (10mg per day). Is it dangerous to take DMT orally with an MAOI while on Lexapro? How many days should SWIM go without the medicine before taking DMT orally with an MAOI? I've read that it can be lethal.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

burnt
#2 Posted : 4/8/2010 9:10:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Yes its very dangerous. You could induce seretonin syndrome which can kill you.

Furthermore if you are on SSRI you can't just stop taking it for a few days take MAOI and then go back to taking it. Those drugs takes weeks to come off and get back onto. If you suddenly stop taking them its also dangerous.

Fernape
#3 Posted : 4/8/2010 1:15:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Alright, thank you. Should SWIM be okay if he uses a smoked variant while on an SSRI?

burnt
#4 Posted : 4/8/2010 8:18:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just dmt and SSRI's seems ok. MAOIs are the major danger.

a1pha
#5 Posted : 4/8/2010 9:25:16 PM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

|
|

What is the danger of a smoked MAOI (reduced caapi brew / changa) with a SSRI or SNRI? Does smoking caapi infused leaf pose s significant risk to someone on one of these medications?

Thanks!

--
K
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

burnt
#6 Posted : 4/8/2010 9:30:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The danger is too much seretonin.

Look up seretonin syndrome.

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 4/19/2010 8:50:24 PM

The Great Namah

Either get off the SSRI/SNRI's or don't use MAOI's. Mixing them can kill you.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#8 Posted : 4/19/2010 9:50:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
Agreed. Even with RIMAs like the harmalas or moclobemide, having that compound in one's body together with any serotonin reuptake inhibitor, whether selective or not, is simply unacceptable regardless of the method of administration. As is sudden discontinuation of the SSRI or SNRI. If the activity in the CNS is high enough to potentiate DMT, then it must be assumed to also be high enough to potentiate serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

Perhaps consider exploring the world of changa and enhanced leaf. Many people report that Electric Sheep is as powerful a teacher as the harmalas, and it should be safe with antidepressants. Starting with a low dose and carefully observing for side effects or interactions is definitely prudent, but problems are unlikely to occur.

Working with any form of spice, whether or not its allies are included, may help people to stop needing antidepressants. The effectiveness of work with entheogens varies from person to person, but many people do report great results. I long for the day when psychedelics are once again counted among the medically recognized possibilities for dealing with mental health problems.