We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
D-Limonen Mescaline Extract Help Options

alleyezonme
#1 Posted : 4/8/2010 4:49:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been interested in mescaline for a long time and have tried to ingest the dried powder, I have had successfull experiences but none with a full on psychedelic experience. I want to go ahead and extract the mescaline this time. I have absolutely 0 experience in chemistry, I already have all the supplies I need including the dried san pedro cactus.

On step 3 it says to pour off the d-limonene through a filter. What exactly does that mean? To just take the water/cactus/edible lime/limonene mix and pour it through a coffee filter?

Another part that confuses me is steps 6 and 7. Is it telling me to take the mescaline that I already extracted from the vinegar and once again repeat those steps?

Sorry if these are really stupid questions, I just don't wanna rush and mess anything up.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

LawnBoy
#2 Posted : 4/9/2010 2:47:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

2 - Add 300 ml of d-limonene. Mix well. Let sit a few hours.
3 - Pour off the d-limonene through a filter. (It's really cool if you use a French Coffee Press for this. Using a French Coffee Press you press the cactus mix and squeeze out the d-limonene to get every last drop of d-limonene out. Then filter it through a paper coffee filter.)
4 - Add 25 ml of vinegar to the d-limonene. Mix thoroughly.
5 - Separate the vinegar from the d-limonene (the vinegar is at the bottom, the d-limonene at the top). This vinegar will contain mescaline acetate. Evaporate your vinegar in a food dehydrator at 155 F to get waxy amber slightly impure mescaline acetate. NOTE: to separate the vinegar from the d-limonene you can use a glass gravy separator or a separatory funnel. Seperatory funnels are considered laboratory glassware and are banned for individual use in some locations. A gravy separator works almost just as well and can be found at some local kitchenware shops.
6 - Repeat steps 4 and 5 at least 2-3 times.
7 - Repeat steps 2 - 6 at least 2 times."

Q1. What exactly does that mean?
A1. You guessed right. It's not as easy as it sounds, unless you have a french press. A t-shirt might be sufficient, but would be quite messy.
Q2. Is it telling me to take the mescaline that I already extracted from the vinegar and once again repeat those steps?
A2. NO. It is NOT telling you to take the (MESCALINE THAT I ALREADY EXTRACTED) and once again repeat those steps. You can take the "mescaline" and clean it of impurities using MEK. OR, convert it to another salt besides acetate and then "clean" it, with a different solvent besides MEK.

You will "salt" the limonene 2-3 times or as many times as you wish. You can take each pull and evaporate separately or collect all the vinegar "saltings" and evaporate all in the same pan. You can use fresh limonene and repeat steps 2-6 using a total of 600 ml of limonene. OR, you can re-use the original 300 ml of limonene, after it has been salted atleast 2-3 times. You do not re-use the vinegar. In other words, (the mescaline that I already extracted) is not re-used.

This is illegal, and can be hazardous. I wouldn't do it. I don't condone this.

Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.

alleyezonme
#3 Posted : 4/9/2010 4:38:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Looks like I will be able to do all of it pretty easily.

If I don't purify it the only thing does is add extra weight to the extract correct? (and I guess also add the extra alkaloids..)

alleyezonme
#4 Posted : 4/9/2010 10:16:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

"Evaporate your vinegar in a food dehydrator at 155 F to get waxy amber slightly impure mescaline acetate. "

I have a food dehydrator but it doesn't have temperature control.

Could I just put it in the oven at ~130 F and be fine like that?

adorno
#5 Posted : 5/28/2010 11:44:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LawnBoy wrote:
2 - Add 300 ml of d-limonene. Mix well. Let sit a few hours.
3 - Pour off the d-limonene through a filter. (It's really cool if you use a French Coffee Press for this. Using a French Coffee Press you press the cactus mix and squeeze out the d-limonene to get every last drop of d-limonene out. Then filter it through a paper coffee filter.)
4 - Add 25 ml of vinegar to the d-limonene. Mix thoroughly.
5 - Separate the vinegar from the d-limonene (the vinegar is at the bottom, the d-limonene at the top). This vinegar will contain mescaline acetate. Evaporate your vinegar in a food dehydrator at 155 F to get waxy amber slightly impure mescaline acetate. NOTE: to separate the vinegar from the d-limonene you can use a glass gravy separator or a separatory funnel. Seperatory funnels are considered laboratory glassware and are banned for individual use in some locations. A gravy separator works almost just as well and can be found at some local kitchenware shops.
6 - Repeat steps 4 and 5 at least 2-3 times.
7 - Repeat steps 2 - 6 at least 2 times."

Q1. What exactly does that mean?
A1. You guessed right. It's not as easy as it sounds, unless you have a french press. A t-shirt might be sufficient, but would be quite messy.
Q2. Is it telling me to take the mescaline that I already extracted from the vinegar and once again repeat those steps?
A2. NO. It is NOT telling you to take the (MESCALINE THAT I ALREADY EXTRACTED) and once again repeat those steps. You can take the "mescaline" and clean it of impurities using MEK. OR, convert it to another salt besides acetate and then "clean" it, with a different solvent besides MEK.

You will "salt" the limonene 2-3 times or as many times as you wish. You can take each pull and evaporate separately or collect all the vinegar "saltings" and evaporate all in the same pan. You can use fresh limonene and repeat steps 2-6 using a total of 600 ml of limonene. OR, you can re-use the original 300 ml of limonene, after it has been salted atleast 2-3 times. You do not re-use the vinegar. In other words, (the mescaline that I already extracted) is not re-used.

This is illegal, and can be hazardous. I wouldn't do it. I don't condone this.

Let me make sure I've got this... Step 6 means that I can "salt" my limonene 2-3 times. But what the heck does step 7 mean??? That I add more limonene to the gunk left over from filtering in step 3 (not my vinegar extracts)?? I just don't understand step 7!? Thanks

endlessness
#6 Posted : 5/29/2010 12:03:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

step 7 means you add more limonene to the cactus basified mix, and do more pulls on it. Isnt that pretty obvious?

LawnBoy
#7 Posted : 5/29/2010 12:28:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You will let the cactus soak in the limonene 2-3 times (2). Some people use fresh limonene for each soak, but most people probably re-use the limonene.
Quote:
add more limonene to the gunk left over from filtering in step 3
You are correct here, as long as the gunk you are referring to is the lime/cactus. After each of those soakings, the limonene will be salted 2-3 times (4). The vinegar or "saltings" are evaporated, after being separated from the limonene (5). The vinegar is your final product. You will never add vinegar to the lime/cactus. I really hope this is clear, an easily understandable.

So....basically, this below is step 6 and 7
2A. soak cactus in limonene
3A. filter out cactus
4A. add vinegar to limonene
5A. remove vinegar and evaporate vinegar

2B. soak cactus in limonene
3B. filter out cactus
4B. add vinegar to limonene
5B. remove vinegar and evaporate vinegar

2C. soak cactus in limonene
3C. filter out cactus
4C. add vinegar to limonene
5C. remove vinegar and evaporate vinegar

p.s. It does seem pretty obvious to me, but I've done the extraction countless times. I remember being a little confused before I did the extraction. But, as you work through it, you will probably realize the procedure is actually pretty simple and easy to understand.
Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.

alleyezonme
#8 Posted : 5/29/2010 3:42:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has at this time completed the extraction 4 or 5 times since posting this Razz

LawnBoy
#9 Posted : 5/29/2010 3:45:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lolLaughing well hopefully it'll help others, as well.

adorno
#10 Posted : 5/29/2010 3:48:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much guys... SWIM would also like to know, assuming he does not wash in MEK after he is done with this extraction, how does he consume the DMT acetate? Does he need to consume it with an MAOI (Harmala, etc.) of some sort? And, if so, how much MAOI should he consume per milligram of DMT acetate? Finally, if he did do the subsequent MEK wash, does that mean he'd be okay just to smoke it? Without any MAOI? Thanks again everyone...

endlessness
#11 Posted : 5/29/2010 3:50:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

are you talking about mescaline or dmt?

adorno
#12 Posted : 5/29/2010 4:18:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, sorry, now I'm talking about DMT (using the same extraction). With Mescaline, the MEK really makes no difference either way, right? With Mescaline, the MEK is only the difference between several alkaloids and pure Mescaline? But with the DMT, assuming one has finished the first part of the extraction (no MEK), would one be able to consume the resulting DMT "jim jam" Acetate without any Harmalas, etc. Similarly, if one did complete the MEK wash would one be able to smoke the "pure" DMT that results? I am sorry, I know these are silly questions, but I am just trying to wrap my head around how one would consume any DMT extracted from the d-limonene extraction method...

endlessness
#13 Posted : 5/29/2010 4:33:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well if its about dmt then you should be asking elsewhere and not in a mescaline extract thread Razz

In any case.. who told you to or how did you get the idea to do a MEK wash in dmt acetate? Did you ever read anything about the solubility of dmt acetate and impurities in MEK? Different alkaloids mean different chemical properties, its not like all extractions work the same for all alks

So forget that wash. You can consume dmt acetate but its not easy to measure because its a goo.. Considering all acetic acid/water has evaporated and its pure dmt acetate, you could measure its weight in a small container (would be useful to know the molecular weight of dmt acetate is to know how heavier it is to dmt freebase and dose accordingly). Start with 50mg or less, I would say, plus the harmalas.

Or I guess you could go by volume too, though I personally dont know what would a dose be in terms of volume. Maybe q21q21 would know, he's been playing around a lot with dmt acetate, maybe send him a pm if he doesnt answer this thread.

and yes any form of dmt taken orally will need a MAOI

but yes if you have more dmt-related questions I would suggest you make a thread about it Very happy But before remember to check the FAQ and the WIKI and use the search function and explore a bit. This website is an amazing resource of information, just dedicate a bit of time and whatever you still need help, we're here for that Smile

adorno
#14 Posted : 5/29/2010 4:35:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks endlessness, I don't quite understand this board yet. There were more topic appropriate threads but I wasn't able to comment on them because they were closed or something, and I don't think I can start a new thread either because I am so new!

endlessness
#15 Posted : 5/29/2010 4:42:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

regarding not being able to post or make threads in other sections, read here:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=6004

I edited my post above to add some more links, hope it helps

adorno
#16 Posted : 5/30/2010 6:56:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For crystal washes, can one use Naphtha instead of MEK? Are Naphtha and MEK interchangeable substances?

adorno
#17 Posted : 6/3/2010 5:31:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM did an alcohol extraction on four 12 inch San Pedro cuts. He washed the ground cacti in Naphtha first. He now has a pyrex full of evaporated alcohol / brown cacti resin. How would he proceed if he wanted to purify that resin even more? To get pure mescaline or whatever?

adorno
#18 Posted : 6/3/2010 7:45:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In other words, is the end product of an alcohol extraction mescaline acetate? The very same mescaline acetate that can be washed with cold MEK to form an off-white powder?

frinj
#19 Posted : 6/11/2010 7:53:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is there any alternative to using a food dehydrator? I don't have one.

dg
#20 Posted : 6/11/2010 7:55:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

the sun works well to dry sliced cacti Smile

12NEXT