We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Harmine vs. harmaline Options

Blundering_Novice
#1 Posted : 4/8/2010 1:26:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Please forgive if this has been covered (and I suspect it has) but SWIM has acquired some Syrian Rue and read the extraction tek. It appears as though one can separate them or keep them together. Would someone be so kind as to advise which is for what, or direct me to an already existing discussion?

Thanks in advance!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/8/2010 1:40:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

they are both MAOIs that work for activating oral dmt.. harmaline is stronger, one needs a dose of about 100mg, while harmine dosage is around 200mg.. harmaline is more sedating/dreamy, harmine is not as sedating.. most people preffer harmine than harmaline, but I like harmaline too..

keeping them together is fine, but depending on ratio of harmaline in the rue strain you have, it will overpower harmine.. Dosage of both mixed is around 150mg

If youre gonna start playing with harmalas, I suggest at some point taking them by themselves without dmt.. its interesting to see what they do alone and then what they do together with dmt

Smile

Blundering_Novice
#3 Posted : 4/8/2010 1:48:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
they are both MAOIs that work for activating oral dmt.. harmaline is stronger, one needs a dose of about 100mg, while harmine dosage is around 200mg.. harmaline is more sedating/dreamy, harmine is not as sedating.. most people preffer harmine than harmaline, but I like harmaline too..

keeping them together is fine, but depending on ratio of harmaline in the rue strain you have, it will overpower harmine.. Dosage of both mixed is around 150mg

If youre gonna start playing with harmalas, I suggest at some point taking them by themselves without dmt.. its interesting to see what they do alone and then what they do together with dmt

Smile

I have no intentions whatsoever of consuming them, of course. Alone or in combination with anything else on the DEA's list of Scheduled substances. But I had read that they weren't psychoactive in and of themselves. Do you have experience to the contrary? Do tell.

Oh, and thank you for the quick reply above. I really like this place and I eagerly anticipate the completion of my potty training.

q21q21
#4 Posted : 4/8/2010 2:26:12 AM

SWIM

Blundering_Novice wrote:

I have no intentions whatsoever of consuming them, of course. Alone or in combination with anything else on the DEA's list of Scheduled substances. But I had read that they weren't psychoactive in and of themselves. Do you have experience to the contrary? Do tell.

Oh, and thank you for the quick reply above. I really like this place and I eagerly anticipate the completion of my potty training.

Personally I've never consumed any scheduled substances or even worked with them. SWIM is my friend and he spends most of his times overseas where there are no scheduled substances. Most of the time SWIM doesn't have time to access the internet but he sends me information all the time and gives me permission to post it at my will.

For example today I went to a movie and watched some TV, pretty lame.

SWIM on the other hand has been working on a tek using harmalas extracted from syrian rue administered as a gummy candy to more than double the potency and he says it tastes good. He is going to try combining DMT and rue harmalas into the candy for a gummyhuasca which is like sublingual-pharmahasca but in gummy-candy form.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Blundering_Novice
#5 Posted : 4/8/2010 2:45:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
Blundering_Novice wrote:

Personally I've never consumed any scheduled substances or even worked with them. SWIM is my friend and he spends most of his times overseas where there are no scheduled substances. Most of the time SWIM doesn't have time to access the internet but he sends me information all the time and gives me permission to post it at my will.

For example today I went to a movie and watched some TV, pretty lame.

SWIM on the other hand has been working on a tek using harmalas extracted from syrian rue administered as a gummy candy to more than double the potency and he says it tastes good. He is going to try combining DMT and rue harmalas into the candy for a gummyhuasca which is like sublingual-pharmahasca but in gummy-candy form.

In that case, next Halloween's trick-or-treaters are in for quite a surprise.

I say that in jest, of course.

Q21, if I were ever to undertake an extraction process (which I wouldn't) your A/B would be the one. I've read them all and yours is excellent.

q21q21
#6 Posted : 4/8/2010 3:39:29 AM

SWIM

SWIM's tek for the DMT was his own using MHRB + vinegar, then lime, then limonene (seperation) and then vinegar (seperation) and heat.
He doesn't plan to let naptha touch bark again, it is stinky and a hassle to keep warm.

For the harmalas SWIM has his own slightly-slightly modified method where he does not boil the Syrian rue but boils the water and pours it into a 1L glass bottle, (works well for 50-75g) he has used vinegar in the past but he doubts it is needed actually.

After 15-30 minutes and 2-5 rough shakes the water is left to settle from the seed mush and the top layer is poured through a cloth, until the seed mush start to pour out.

He tops up the bottle again with near-boiling water and repeats the process. The first pull has a small bit of oils and is a little translucent but the following pulls are 100% transperent. He hasn't yet figured out how many pulls it takes, but as it get to a pale red-yellow SWIM stopped (he's only done it 3 times)

The resulting cloth-filtered brew is reduced down to 300-500ml and is SATURATED with rock salt (non-iodized) then put in the fridges until cold. Once cold lots of goop is in the bottom.

The mix is filtered through a cloth, then a few (they clog) coffee filters. The filters and cloths are soaked in vinegar and the mix is filtered through cloth then coffee filters.

Once clear SWIM last time freebased it with sodium carbonate, but he thinks that manske (saturating with salt) would work better and get his yield above 1.25%, freebase particals seem to pass right through coffee filters!

So basically he would heat up the mix and saturated it with rock salt then put it in the fridge again. Filter and keep the filtrate which is almost-pure harmalas.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

69ron
#7 Posted : 4/8/2010 8:20:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Blundering_Novice wrote:
But I had read that they weren't psychoactive in and of themselves. Do you have experience to the contrary? Do tell.

Harmine and harmaline are both psychedelic on their own if the dose is high enough. Both will cause CEVs, ripples in vision, trailing, altered perception of sound, etc. The effect is very dreamy, drifty, more like daydreaming than a true psychedelic.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 4/8/2010 9:31:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Blundering_Novice wrote:
endlessness wrote:

Smile

I dont know where you live but the only country im aware of where harmalas are illegal is france.

As ron said, harmalas are psychoactive by themselves, but they are not exactly like the common psychedelics.. try it yourself.. with 200-250mg harmine, I can definitely feel a weird headspace, some kind of tracers and light visual alterations, change in feeling and self perception, kinda dreamy etc.. more harmine is unpleasant imo.. I havent explored enough harmaline to know but I can imagine its more or less the same case, psychoactive but gets unpleasant at higher dosages

Dimitrius
#9 Posted : 4/8/2010 9:39:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

I dont know where you live but the only country im aware of where harmalas are illegal is france.

From erowid:

"Harmaline (and possibly other harmala alkaloids) is a scheduled substance in Canada."
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

endlessness
#10 Posted : 4/8/2010 9:41:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

there you go, one more country to the list...

69ron
#11 Posted : 4/8/2010 9:57:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dimitrius wrote:
endlessness wrote:

From erowid:

"Harmaline (and possibly other harmala alkaloids) is a scheduled substance in Canada."

It's funny how harmaline is banned in Canada but harmine and THH are not. Harmaline is twice as toxic as harmine, so maybe that's why it's illegal and harmine is not. But since you can still purchase harmine in Canada, that law means very little to most of us. Most people prefer harmine over harmaline anyway.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Dimitrius
#12 Posted : 4/8/2010 10:06:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Dimitrius wrote:
endlessness wrote:

From erowid:

It's funny how harmaline is banned in Canada but harmine and THH are not. Harmaline is twice as toxic as harmine, so maybe that's why it's illegal and harmine is not. But since you can still purchase harmine in Canada, that law means very little to most of us. Most people prefer harmine over harmaline anyway.

Huh, that's weird.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Fakkz
#13 Posted : 4/10/2010 3:33:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Harmalas are illegal in Australia as well, and have penalties like "hard" narcotics. Never heard of anyone being caught though, but I'm not really plugged in.

kaleidoscope eyes
#14 Posted : 4/11/2010 12:01:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fakkz wrote:
Harmalas are illegal in Australia as well, and have penalties like "hard" narcotics. Never heard of anyone being caught though, but I'm not really plugged in.

Australia is pretty strict with our scheduled substances =(
& even bongs are illegal here in QLD

On topic though, wikipedia misleads me : o
" The harmala alkaloids are not especially psychoactive on their own, even at high dosages, when vomiting and diarrhea become the main effect. "
the fictional character, kaleidoscope eyes, resides in the sky with diamonds and cellophane flowers

endlessness
#15 Posted : 4/11/2010 12:11:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As for the wikipedia link, if you havent yet, try it by themselves and see for yourself what you think and tell us Smile.. In my experience there is no doubt they are psychoactive, but also no doubt different than normal psychedelics..

sorry for you guys about australia being so harsh on these things Sad

kaleidoscope eyes
#16 Posted : 4/11/2010 12:31:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
As for the wikipedia link, if you havent yet, try it by themselves and see for yourself what you think and tell us Smile.. In my experience there is no doubt they are psychoactive, but also no doubt different than normal psychedelics..

SWIM hasn't even tried harmala or harmaline in combination with DMT yet : o [only just the spice by itself so far]
I think after I try changa trying them out by themselves too will be on the to do list =)
the fictional character, kaleidoscope eyes, resides in the sky with diamonds and cellophane flowers

DMTripper
#17 Posted : 5/31/2012 10:35:10 PM

John Murdoch IV

kaleidoscope eyes wrote:
endlessness wrote:

SWIM hasn't even tried harmala or harmaline in combination with DMT yet : o [only just the spice by itself so far]
I think after I try changa trying them out by themselves too will be on the to do list =)

Yes definitely try them out on their own before mixing them with DMT. And when you try that start low.
I overshot my first pharmahuasca dose and went through a horrible experience. Very terrifying horrible experience. I started with 250mg's of caapi extracted harmalas and 85mg's of DMT. Should have started with 150mg's of harmalas and 50mg's DMT.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

joedirt
#18 Posted : 6/1/2012 12:47:55 AM

Not I

DMTripper I believe you revived a 2 year old thread!

Funny thread though.

Blundering_Novice wrote:

Q21, if I were ever to undertake an extraction process (which I wouldn't) your A/B would be the one. I've read them all and yours is excellent.

Blundering_Novice wrote:

I have no intentions whatsoever of consuming them, of course. Alone or in combination with anything else on the DEA's list of Scheduled substances.

LMFAO.. Nope I'd never extract, but I'd have read every single extraction TEK on the site! Laughing

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

wearepeople
#19 Posted : 6/12/2013 6:55:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm bumping this thread to hopefully get more opinions about the effects of harmine vs. harmaline.

Please share your opinions, thoughts, experiences!

Big Thank You!

+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Jees
#20 Posted : 6/13/2013 9:09:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bump.

12NEXT