We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
shredded Guayusa leaves Options

Xenogears
#1 Posted : 4/7/2010 5:47:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone had any experience with this plant? I got a free sample of shredded Guayusa leaves from Maya and the description they gave said this...

Quote:
Included is a sample of shredded Guayusa leaves from Peru.Guayusa is used by people of the Amazon basin to make an energizing tea and as a herbal medicine.

It also has the interesting effect of inducing lucid dreaming, and being helpfull in recalling the dreams. For this reason, it is known as the "Watchmans plant", as even when sleeping you are aware of your external surroundings.

For those interested in shamanic dreaming this is certainly the plant to explore. It is used along with Ayahuasca to help ease bitterness, to stay awake during Ayahuasca ceremonies, and to help prevent hangover effects.

6 leaves, or 2 teaspoons of shredded leaves are boiled for 20-30 minutes in half a liter of water untill the liquid has a golden
transparent colour. When boiled longer the tea becomes bitter and very energizing.

If anyone has any experience adding this to an ayahuasca brew or some such and how it affected the journey it would be greatly appreciated!

Or perhaps this would be a good leaf to add to a change blend of caapi and these guayusa leaves?

Although when my first time doing pharma comes up I think I am going to just stick to caapi and spice for the first time to test the waters Pleased

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

IAAGSOM
#2 Posted : 4/7/2010 7:58:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make a tea. Add a bit of honey. It's yummy and uplifting Very happy

d*l*b
#3 Posted : 4/7/2010 9:00:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Guayusa is an amazing herb!

I too received some with an order from Maya. It is worth experimenting with alone before trying it mixed with other things. A weak brew (steeped for 5 or 10 minutes in hot water) is very different to that of leaves brewed for 30 mins plus on the hob. Even a sip from a strong brew seems to have an effect to me.

I think there may be a potentiating effect on sedating substances, so watch out if you have been drinking or taking downers of any type. I have noticed this twice after I thought that sedative effects had passed and found myself struggling to stay upright!
D × V × F > R

ms_manic_minxx
#4 Posted : 4/12/2010 6:29:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been drinking a small cup of Guayusa before bed nearly every night for probably the past year and a half... and LOVE IT!! It hasn't quite made all of my dreams lucid, but it expanded my dream recall exponentially.

Also, a little bit seems to counteract the sleepiness and nausea of an Ayahuasca brew (drink Guayusa BEFORE Ayahuasca), and adds a more lucid-vivid-clarity to the Aya dream.

Truly awesome tea. Yummy and invigorating. I boil whole leaves for 20+ minutes and let them steep in a big pot on the stove. I'll leave it out for days, maybe a little over a week until it's gone (nothing ever grows in it...). It's the best when PITCHED BLACK. Twisted Evil
Some things will come easy, some will be a test