We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Don't underestimate the power of dried leaf Options

maxzar100
#1 Posted : 4/5/2010 5:34:14 PM

Earth Child

A wise man once said: Salvia is usually one of those things that a person tries once and does not wish to try again....but for those who understand it.... then it is a powerful ally.

I had my first real experience with the dried leaf last night.

My past salvia experience ranges from smoking 5x, 10x, 35x, homemade extracts, 50x. I have always had trouble breaking through to any visual effects at all, except with the homemade extract. I am somewhat of a hardhead to salvia extracts I guess. And yes, I hold it in for 30 seconds, used a jet lighter, and smoked it in half gram increments.

So last night, I had some dried leaf that I had acquired from a friend who had some plants. I had smoked it before and was skeptical about its potency. Over the duration of last night, I smoked 2 dried leaves. (I used cured lavender at the bottom of the bowl)

After smoking the first two bowls out of a chillum, I had not gotten any visual effects, but I def felt some body effects. Fractal enchantment encouraged me to continue, so I packed one whole leaf into the chillum.

As I took the third hit out of the leaf, it suddenly hit me, I felt it strong, and my mind started thinking a million thoughts in what seemed like 2 seconds, I scrambled away from the window, and then noticed that the chillum was still on fire, so I got a pencil and started jabbing the bowl. Then the pencil got hot and I dropped both the chillum and the pencil. I then starred into my closet and some of my jackets were contorting. When I closed my eyes, I could still see the closet, except half of it melted away, or my vision stretched.

After that I sat in my chair on the nexus chat, and I felt better then I ever had before from any other entheogen or substance. I also felt energized, and upon wakening still feel euphoric and energized.

I know that If I had smoked one more bowl, I would have been in a different place entirely.

The extracts always made me feel uncomfortable, and seemed depressing, but the leaf was entirely different.

I have also not had any migraines yet this morning, which is strange.

Never underestimate the leaf!!! Don't bother with extracts, the plain leaf is the way to go, It's like smoking pure thc vs smoking some marujuanna, They will both get you to the same place eventually, but the marijuana will be much more pleasant due to the variety of alks present in it.

Thanks for Listening,
maxzar
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DimethylSpice
#2 Posted : 4/5/2010 6:22:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome post man.

Thats great to hear considering my cat has 2 ounces of dried leaf on the way. Very happy

Im betting your leaf is probably better quality than his though since you got it directly from a friend who grew it, but when my cat gets it, it will be his first experience with dried leaf as well and he hopes to obtain similar positive effects as you.

thanks for the post.
All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

If you are waiting for "that moment", that moment is now.

maxzar100
#3 Posted : 4/5/2010 7:14:55 PM

Earth Child

Based on my understanding, if the leaf is dried in the sun, it looses a lot of potency, but if its dried in the shade, it retains the salvinorin A.

I just smoked some more this morning, just one small bowl, and I could feel it easily. There truelly is a reverse tolerance.

My advice to you, Is to buy a jet lighter, and the first day you smoke the leaf, keep smoking until you feel noticeable effects. This will allow future leaf to be easier to feel effects.
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

DimethylSpice
#4 Posted : 4/5/2010 8:18:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea that is probably what i will do.

That is what i normally do with extracts as well and there definitely is a reverse tolerance.

I was really hoping my cats salvia leaf would show up today, but its not looking like its going to happen.

Hopefully his source dosent dry their leaves in the sun. I wasnt aware that it made a difference, but now i am. thanks.

Have you tried or are you interested in trying salvia tea at all?

All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

If you are waiting for "that moment", that moment is now.

Metanoia
#5 Posted : 4/20/2010 11:58:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm also on the plain leaf band wagon. I sometimes still use extracts, but I mostly use plain leaf. I find it a totally different experience as well. Extracts can sometimes have a darker, negative side to them, whereas plain leaf has never been that way for me.

DimethylSpice, if you're going to make Salvia tea, make sure you use A LOT of dried leaf. I mean 10 - 20 grams for a single cup. Salvinorin A is absorbed much less efficiently by the gastrointestinal system. I've got plans to begin growing my own Salvia plants so that I can get my hands on a lot of fresh leaf which I want to crush the juices out of, and drink. That type of "tea" is the only method (besides rectal administration Shocked ) that I haven't tried with Salvia.