We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Snuffing Virola Theiodora Resin - Reports Options

idtravlr
#1 Posted : 4/3/2010 9:18:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would love to hear from SWIY's about experiences with snuffing V. Theiodora resin. SWIM has decided that this traditional ROA is what he'd like to do, and he would appreciate input from those who are familiar with this ROA.

Peace & Thanks!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

idtravlr
#2 Posted : 4/4/2010 4:18:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so I found this summary from 69ron:
69ron wrote:

Note that when taken as snuff, it should be ground to a powdery consistency, and it should be mixed with lime (calcium hydroxide). A ratio of 4:1 of resin to lime is good. If lime isn’t used or the resin isn’t powderized, then it’s not very effective as snuff. But when taken sublingually, its only slightly more active that way, so it can be used as is with very good results.

Let’s recap:

* Pure Virola theiodora resin is active without any preparation.

* Pure Virola theiodora resin contains about 2.5% 5-MeO-DMT in water soluble salt form.

* The threshold dose for Pure Virola theiodora resin sublingually (or as snuff) is about 80 mg.

* 120 mg of pure Virola theiodora resin taken sublingually (or as snuff) is enough for minor LSD like psychoactive effects including slight visual distortions, euphoria, altered emotional awareness, increased awareness of surroundings. This is equivalent to about 3 mg of 5-MeO-DMT fumarate.

* Contains about 16 times as much 5-MeO-DMT as Diplopterys cabrerana.

From the following thread: http://www.drugs-forum.c...m/showthread.php?t=68192

Is this still accurate information, or have there been more developments since? 69ron?

Additionally - I'm curious why the resin needs to be freebased before snuffing, but not before sublingual. I bet that's gotta burn like hell...

Peace & Thanks,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

69ron
#3 Posted : 4/4/2010 10:00:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That information about concentration was accurate for the batches used at that time, but it's not reliable when applied to all Virola theiodora resin. The resin varies a lot in potency, from being totally inactive, to being stronger then what's stated above.

SWIM has very little experience snuffing Virola resin. He's not the best source for first hand information in that department. I've heard it's more potent when calcium hydroxide is mixed in it when used as snuff. However, there's Virola theiodora and Virola calophylla. Both are very different. Virola calophylla contains mostly DMT and is pretty ineffective unless used with calcium hydroxide or a similar base. While Virola theiodora contains mostly 5-MeO-DMT, which doesn't need to be freebased to be effective sublingually. So this idea that calcium hydroxide should be used when snuffing Virola may really only apply to Virola calophylla resin, and has been mistakenly applied to Virola theiodora resin.

Again, SWIM has little experience snuffing anything at all. Hopefully someone else with more experience using this as a snuff will give better answers.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

idtravlr
#4 Posted : 4/5/2010 2:12:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank 69ron - I'm going to do some experimentation. This V. Theiodora. SWIM will do some research and experimentation, starting with just plain resin, and tweak it depending on the results. He will try sublingual first, since there is more information on that. If he notices efficacy from that, the he'll know he has active resin and can try it as a snuff.

I'll report the results on this thread as they develop.

Peace,
-idt

-Terence McKenna

FlyingFaders
#5 Posted : 4/19/2010 8:41:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'd be very interested in your results idtravlr.
I have some of this in the post.

lorax
#6 Posted : 6/3/2010 5:39:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

watch out for crappy vendors selling inactive materials.. all the virola i purchased was crap. need to harvest a tree myself for some good active stuff..
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)