We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phosphoric pharmahuasca? Options

Entropymancer
#1 Posted : 3/2/2008 11:08:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

So I've been reading the Hummingbird ayahuasca perparation using phosphoric acid. It seems to be pretty much universally agreed on that phosphoric acid makes a mimosa brew several times stronger than acetic or ascorbic acid. Whether there was any increase in effects over other preparations when using chacruna, etc, was not as clear. Can anyone speak to this point? Does phosphoric acid only potentiate Mimosahuasca, or does it work for ayahuasca in general?

Basically, I'm wondering whether the benefit comes from ingesting the DMT as the phosphate salt, or if there are other plant fractions contributing. Which brings me to my main question:

Has anyone tried pharmahuasca using phosphoric acid? I know that usually folks take pharmahuasca in capsules, but I'm really curious as to whether it could also be potentiated by consuming DMT as the phosphate salt. I'm thinking just make a pH ~4 solution and mix in the freebase spice to salt it up (the MAOI can still be taken in capsule).

Swim would try this himself, but he didn't budget for an extraction this term, so it'll be a little while before Swim has the resources.

Just wondering if anyone had thoughts, experiences, or desire to experiment.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 3/3/2008 7:12:18 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Interesting.

I remember from my first journeys that I made, I disolved my freebase spice in a acis solution (don't know the pH though). This journeys were different as the one I had lately: they were more 'soul'-journeys where the soul leaves the body, body broken in thousand pieces etc. My last journey was much smoother but then again, I did about everything I could think of to make it so.