We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
tinnitus Options

joao
#1 Posted : 4/1/2010 2:18:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hey guys,

nice to find a forum like this.
well, i came here because i'm looking for some help.
i have been to australia and the last 3 weeks i got "stuck" in nimbin, maybe you've heard of it, a small village full of weed smokers and hippies. some of them combine those to things.
anyway, after 2 weeks there i made some good friends and they told me about dmt, till that point of my life i just smoked a lot of weed( i'm 21, smoking weed since i am 16 nearly every day) and took some pills and speed, not pretty heavy stuff.
well, we took dmt and it blew me away, and the first 10 seconds or something i could hear nothing, only this beep in my ears, which i enjoyed, because it was part of the trip. i was trippin for about 10 minutes and the rest of the night i felt very very good. the next days i remember that i realized it one time that i still had a quite tinnitus but i didnt think about it, we smoked all day long, i had music all around me the whole day and when i went to bed i felt asleep quite fast. maybe i should add, that we took mushrooms a few times there too, but i think this has nothing to do with it.
anyway, this shit is more than one month ago, i am back in germany and what can i say, this fucking tinnitus is still there, all the time. over the day its not very annoying, because its such a high sound that you dont realize it when you hear something which is on household noise level. but when i go to bed or its more quiet i can hear it all the time, and it scares me a bit. i have been to the doctor and he said there is nothing i can do..

i just want to ask if anyone has the same experience and can calm me down a bit with saying that it was gone after..two month? fucking shit.
i dont really regret it, if the tinnitus is gone after half a year or something i would say it was worth it..this shit makes you sick.

thanks for listening, even if i dont expect anyone to read this shit, but thank you.

have a great day and life as well,

felix.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ohayoco
#2 Posted : 4/1/2010 2:58:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have personally never heard of DMT giving you tinnitus.

Loud music or other sounds from 'the real world' definitely do though.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

joao
#3 Posted : 4/1/2010 7:45:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ok thanks, a friend of mine from nimbin said it could be caused because of mental problems, maybe it is all about that. but thanks for listening, have a good one.

۩
#4 Posted : 4/1/2010 7:57:56 PM

I've heard tinnitus is caused by high blood pressure.
I've also heard it's caused by hearing damage.
I hear the ringing constantly...and I've definitely exposed myself to way much loud noise in my life.
The ringing in hyperspace that some people call the carrier wave, to me, sounds like my neuroelectricity or something.
You can tune into it in hyperspace to dive deep into the transmission.
Honestly, it remains a mystery to me.

zuma
#5 Posted : 4/4/2010 9:10:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ive had something similar happen to me , it lasted about two weeks a few years back, when i was on a run with mdma over the next ten days it demimissed slowly,to nothing noticeable,you should wait and see,if you need to go to a doctor also i was on a ssri at the time.
imaging

۩
#6 Posted : 4/4/2010 10:10:05 PM

Dagger wrote:
I know a couple of people on the ayahuasca forum that has experienced something similar. In their case, it didn't seem to go away completely. Would be nice to know what is causing it.

Probably just a heavy evolution in awareness.

deamsterphile
#7 Posted : 4/7/2010 9:29:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

info from "The Green Pharmacy" James A Duke phd

Ginko biloba can help, he recommends taking a 50:1 extract, 40 milligrams 3 times a day to see if that will help

Sesame,recommended by chinese herbalists to treat tinnitus , try tahini or halvah

Black cohosh, recommends using a tincture in combination with ginko, if ginko does not work on its own

Goldenseal, no info on prep or dosage

Lesser periwinkle, contains vincamine, which has given positive results treating tinnitus as well as Ménière's disease

suggests taking 20 milligrams of dried herb per day

There are safety issues with this herb so the suggestion is to consult a physician before attempting to treat with this method

Spinach-High in zinc( or supplement Zinc into your diet somehow, pills food et cetera

AVOID aspirin, wilow bark, meadowsweet and wintergreen

cinchona black haw and uva ursi

deamsterphile
#8 Posted : 4/7/2010 10:31:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

just found that Vincamine is a tryptamine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincamine

globos
#9 Posted : 4/8/2010 9:02:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've got tinnitus too. I was exposed to loud music as a teenager, when I played in several rock bands, but the tinnitus has started much later - in my late twenties or early thirties, long after I turned to softer genres. It gets worse at night, when I'm tired and/or stressed. Coffee doesn't help; it probably makes it slightly worse. Chamomile does help, as does a good night of sleep. Luckily it's not so strong as to be incapacitating.

The Grand Wazoo
#10 Posted : 4/8/2010 9:34:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear fellow Nexians. I am happy to report that I have almost cured my tinnitus , it's very quiet now and it only really comes out when I tempt it. This may not be the cure for your tinnitus but it definitely worked for me and I am glad to be able to share this information with you as it took me many years to find out what was causing the crazy ringing in my head.

Have you ever heard of such a thing as Candida Albicans? If not I suggest that you read the Wikipedia entry on it and do some Google searches for further reading. It can get out of control and cause all sorts of problems including tinnitus.

I too used to think that exposure to loud music was the cause but after drastically changing my diet and cutting out all sugar for 9 months I have managed to reduce the ringing to almost nothing. Many foods can worsen the symptoms and I should add that cannabis and tobacco have been proven to feed the candida so if you were smoking a lot of weed whilst you were stuck in Nimbin and perhaps munching out on the wrong foods and eating late at night it could explain why the ringing has begun.

I used to smoke a hell of a lot of weed and hash but I had to stop it in order to combat the Candida, I still have a doob every now and then and when I do I notice that the ringing gets louder...I sometimes think that the ringing is the Candida, perhaps it is?

I also has psoriasis and I have reduced it by over 90%...You see this Candida thing is bigger than we realise and infests many of us without us ever knowing, it's estimated that around 70 - 80% of the US population has an imbalance of Candida and it's not surprising when you look at how much sugar and denatured processed foods that your everyday modern human being consumes, oh and antibiotics make it all so much worse as they kill the good bacteria in your large intestine that keep the candida and other bacteria under control.

I hope that this little piece of information will inspire you to look into the possibility that Candida could be the cause of your tinnitus.

Peace go with you brothers.

Wazoo

Bod
#11 Posted : 4/16/2010 11:33:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great post Wazoo!

Have a problem with Candida Overgrowth myself and it is a real devil to deal with. As you say it can cause a whole variety of symptoms.

Wondered if the Caapi leaves used in making changa might be a problem as they must contain a certain amount of mould.
Would the soaking of the leaves and spice in vodka / IPA or whatever (followed by the evaporation) kill the mould content?
I have drunk some caapi leaf tea before and it does seem to make my candida worse.

Any ideas

Bod

jungleheart
#12 Posted : 4/17/2010 12:33:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Candida can be addressed by either a very low sugar or a very low fat diet. I prefer a very low fat diet.

Good luck with your tinnitus!

Morphane
#13 Posted : 4/17/2010 3:26:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If Tinnitus is that continual high pitched ringing sound when things are quiet, I think I have it. I actually don't mind it, as I like white noise that blocks out more irritating and distracting noises, like what might be mice and other creatures creeping about.

A few years back I had issues with little spots in my vision. I only noticed them when looking at the sky and other bright areas, and it really bothered me for a few months. They are still there, but I've learnt to live with it. Whether or not your Tinnitus will go away - don't worry. You will get used to it and it will become your new default condition. I think your DMT experience simply highlighted what had been already present. Eventually your perceptual filters will consign it into your subconscious again.

۩
#14 Posted : 4/17/2010 3:29:06 AM

Morphane, I think everyone sees those squiggly dots. I always thought they were photons...
Smile

jungleheart
#15 Posted : 4/17/2010 4:08:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Morphane wrote:
You will get used to it and it will become your new default condition. I think your DMT experience simply highlighted what had been already present. Eventually your perceptual filters will consign it into your subconscious again.

Hopefully this is true for you. When I first started meditating, everything sounded super loud, like I reset my sound sensors. It took a while for me to get used to it.