We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Wattle Identification Options

SWIMmingly
#1 Posted : 3/1/2008 7:43:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys

Firstly, HI! and nice site. SWIM likes much...

New to DMT, SWIM hasn't experienced this yet, but has been researching SWIM's heart out for 6 months on the topic...

Because DMT is such a rare chem to come across, SWIM is going to prepare his own spice out of Australian Acacia...

now SWIM was going to just grow his own tree, but out on a bush walk this afternoon along the coast, was off the beaten track, and stumbled across some clippings (cut by shears, and left)

now, swim has no idea if this was even wattle but brought it home anyway. SWIM has been looking at pics on line but there are so damn many!! Now, I have narrowed it down to Acacia Longfolia, as it was close to the cast, and longfolia is a costal wattle. There are no flowers, but it's not the season for flowers anymore andyway? I have some pics, what do you guys think, worth doing a pull and seing what SWIM gets??

note this will be SWIMS first A/B pull. Have read that the LEX teck is the best for wattle....

Anyhoo, if someone could comment on SWIM'S identification that would be great!! like soon too...

Cheers
SWIM
SWIMmingly attached the following image(s):
DSC00442.jpg (91kb) downloaded 161 time(s).
DSC00440.jpg (135kb) downloaded 160 time(s).
Everything i post is purely hypothetical

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Fable
#2 Posted : 3/7/2008 8:46:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is longifolia for sure. I tried some extractions on longifolia and found it to be difficult to work with and zero yeilding.
Working with it might help tune your procedures however if there is any possibility for finding a different source, I would choose the alternative.
I get the impression that yielding material is not found near the coast, you might find some more useful plants a few hours inland depending on where you are. Check out some info at Shaman Australis there is bound to be some info relating to near where you are at.
Don't give up, it took me 4 years to find a reliable source where I am.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

halou
#3 Posted : 3/8/2008 11:41:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Look for obtusifolia

SWIMmingly
#4 Posted : 3/9/2008 1:54:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.... OK well if longfolia is no good, dont think SWIM will bother, SWIM found only about 1/2kg of cuttings while out on a bush walk along the coast.

Obstifolia it is! I'll suggest that SWIM should buy a plant, but SWIM a little impatient with these things and dont know if SWIM can wait 12 months to get some clippings Embarrased

peace

Everything i post is purely hypothetical