We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Niacin as an LSD antidote !? Options

Observant
#1 Posted : 3/31/2010 3:51:38 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Quote:

Niacin (NADH-dependent enzyme)
"One of the metabolites of LSD in the human body is 2-oxy-lsd.
It is formed by liver microsomes by an NADH-dependent enzyme,"
Nicholas J. Giarman (1967). ref. (Axelrod 1957; Hoffer 1955)
Use of nicotinic acid (niacin, B3) to abort psychosis - "We have
given the subject 100 ug. of LSD; at the height of the experience we
injected intravenously 200 mg. of nicotinic acid. Our experience has
been that, within a matter of two to five minutes, almost all of the LSD
phenomena disappeared, and the subject claimed that he was entirely
normal," Abraham Hoffer (1956)
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 3/31/2010 3:57:44 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

oh yeah...i forgot about that.
i read about that too, probably from the psychedelic encyclopedia

be sure to use non-flush Pleased
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Dimitrius
#3 Posted : 3/31/2010 4:18:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you try it, just be sure to use the non-flushing variety, niacinamide.

I once tried to abort an lsa trip with regular niacin. Shocked Flushed big time. Red, hot, prickly burning-ness. All while coming down off a toxic-ish trip.

Not to mention my father was on his way home, which is the reason I did it in the first place.

Pretended I was sick and in the bed....haha, I was.

The trip did wind down quicker than normal though. Not as quick as I would of liked, but quicker.

"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

69ron
#4 Posted : 3/31/2010 9:00:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have niacin as a regular part of my medicine cabinet. It's very useful for vasoconstriction problems.

SWIM has not noticed that niacin will bring a trip down.

With LSA/LSH, it blocks the vasoconstriction nicely, but SWIM still trips hard.

SWIM tried this many times with LSD, and it did nothing to bring him down. It improved his blood circulation and made the visuals more colorful. It's a nice combination.

However, SWIM NEVER INJECTED IT. Maybe if injected it will work for SWIM.

SWIM tried both nicotinic acid, and niacinamide. Neither one worked. He tried many doses too.

I actually like the flush and prefer nicotinic acid over niacinamide.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

polytrip
#5 Posted : 3/31/2010 11:53:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I have never noticed that niacin diminished the activity of any psychedelic substance. I have never taken it with LSD, but i sometimes use it like 69ron, to combat the vasoconstriction of other psychedelics. Although i always take it on the come down, when the effects of vasoconstriction are at their most annoying stage wich leads to a sour feeling in your muscles etc, i have never noticed the landing to come more rapid.

PsilocybeChild
#6 Posted : 4/1/2010 12:42:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I also use niacin to combat vasoconstriction with combinations that cause it. I use about a quarter or a third of a pill so I don't cause flushing on top of tripping. Never noticed it bring me down quicker. Maybe it works better for LSD because its active in such small micro-doses compared to other substances? Maybe large doses of niacin help flush it out or pass it through the system? Maybe merely sped up by the vasodilation?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

PsilocybeChild
#7 Posted : 4/14/2010 7:37:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
be sure to use non-flush

Quote:
if you try it, just be sure to use the non-flushing variety, niacinamide.

Niacin supplements are available in regular and “timed-release” forms. Timed-release versions of niacin have been made available to avoid this "flush" effect. The problem with most TIMED-RELEASED niacin is that they are associated with a high degree of liver problems.

The timed-release forms of nicotinic acid are intended for a prolonged release of niacin during its 6-8 hour transit time in the intestines, but timed-release niacin is also associated with greater toxicity and safe doses are only about half of normal-release forms of niacin.

In the high doses used for controlling cholesterol levels (anything above 100mg/day), nicotinic acid can cause skin flushing and skin itching as well as headaches, lightheadedness and low blood pressure. The niacinamide form of niacin does not cause these side effects, but it is not effective in reducing cholesterol levels, so it is seldom taken in such high doses. The slow-release versions of niacin supplements have the potential for causing liver damage (even at “lower” doses of 500mg/day) - so blood tests to monitor for liver damage are recommended and high-dose niacin supplementation should only be undertaken under the guidance of a natural physician. Anyone with liver disease, including those who consume more than 2 drinks of alcohol daily, should not take high-dose niacin.

http://www.healingdaily....fication-diet/niacin.htm

Lastly, there are several different "no-flush" niacin products that contain inositol nicotinate, a compound which consists of six molecules of nicotinic acid attached to a molecule of inositol. The idea behind this compound is that the body slowly breaks it down into niacin (and inositol) slowly, helping to reduce flushing. Inositol nicotinate products are usually sold as "flush-free" or "no-flush" niacin. While it is true that these products theoretically create little or no flushing, it is not clear if they have the same properties as nicotinic acid for improving cholesterol. Critics claim that these products do not increase the level of niacin in the blood enough to have an effect on cholesterol.

http://cholesterol.emedt...cin/niacin-flush-p2.html

Quote:
The niacinamide form of niacin does not cause these side effects,
(this is true for some people. In others it can just delay the flush.)
The niacin flush is actually a very healthy reaction from your body. You shouldn't be alarmed when you get it; actually the very opposite. It means your body is healing itself. You'll notice that after a certain dosage of niacin that eventually you will not receive the niacin flush any longer. You can also start low and work your way up slowly. dosing 3x a day instead of all at once to avoid flushing.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.