We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
multi-dimensionality Options

ryan
#1 Posted : 2/29/2008 3:04:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I will admit I am not the most experienced of psychedelics, have not got to DMT yet, but had some fairly intense experiences of LSD so far in relation to this. So I imagine this may seem kind of newb to some of you. But still ponderings on this notion keep flooding my mind in meditation.

I have done much, brain work I guess you could say, integrating and coming to terms with all the facts of existence that have blown my mind thus far. But there is just one thing I can't seem to come to accept without some resistance and this is the whole multi-dimensional aspect of the self. Which is why I post this on a DMT forum as from what I've heard from friends DMT is the one that really sets this into hyper drive. But I can't just get my mind to smoothly accept the fact that, sitting right here, by will, I can essentially leave and just pop into a new dimension. Perhaps it's an internal fear, which if thats the case, I know only I will be able to piece together a solution.

But I post this as I am just curious to know if you guys have come up with any like rationalities, or connected any dots between the experience of multi-dimensionality and some perhaps quantum metaphor or any metaphor? How is such a thing possible? I know delving into full on psychedellia does require abandonment of the rational mind, which I have gotten rid of much of it. But as I said, for some reason my mind keeps wanting to connect some dot in some way about this multi-dimensional travel.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Saidin
#2 Posted : 2/29/2008 8:57:46 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Modern day String Theory, or M-theory postulates 10 dimensions of space and one of time. We in our limited capacity are only able to experience 4 of these, 3 spatial 1 time. That leaves 7 dimensions which exist, but of which we are unable to percieve with our normal senses.

Some philosophers postulate that consciousness is the medium which connects all these dimensions together, possibly though electo-magnitism (since that is what in our brains is producing thought and action). There are many different levels of consciousness. Individual, group, Gaian, Solar, Galatic and Universal, it is a multi-layerd matrix, and we normally are only able to attune to the lowest levels of it. Though use of the spice, I have felt connected with the galactic and universal consciousness, if only for a brief time and I knew it to be real. There was no doubt. I have experienced different planes of existence.

I suggest trying the spice, and I don't think you'll have many if any doubts about different dimensions or multi-dimensionality. After the first attempt, I went from a existential athiest to a believer in something far greater than ourselves that is out there. It really does rewire your brain and open up countless avenues of thought and exploration into the world of the unknown. These are the important questions of our time, the real meaning of existence and the universe attempting to know itself.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

supernatural
#3 Posted : 3/26/2008 12:40:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Ryan,
I too am new to this site and have never had any dmt experience, had a fair bit of LSD, and have also done a lot of mind-expanding so too can relate to (and deeply interested in) much of what is discussed on here.
Recently i have read a theory which addresses your question perfectly - a means by which to rationalise (as much as is possible) the possibility of multi-dimensional travel.
The theory i have read in Graham Hancock's book Supernatural (and which comes from other sources which are referenced in the book) goes something like this: In the brain there is a kind of 'reducer valve' which everyday, filters out all the external stimuli which is not useful or helpful to our survival, including perceptions of non-physical reality, and which is 'opened' when dmt levels in the brain rise above a certain level. Some people have naturally higher levels in their brain chemistry (or their 'valves' are just more open?) and can acheive 'spontaneous spiritual experiences'... There is a bit more depth to it but that thought kind of comforted me or confirmed the feeling i already had.
What do you / others think?

Laerrus
#4 Posted : 4/1/2008 8:36:10 PM

Stephen Guptill

While sober the whole leaving ones body experience is frightening, I myself keep reaching a cap just above my head where I cannot focus any longer.

Due in part because of a personal energy issue which is being dealt with.

I have no partaken in DMT, however with the use of Salvia Divanorum many layers of the astral planes have become accessable to me, by means of Salvia taking me by the hand and walking me through the various areas one trip at a time.

Mind you until one gets used to the some what uncomfortable effects of rapidly dispersing from ones body, one will find it a rather rough experience.

Please also keep in mind not everyone is designed for multi-dimensional living as it can take an incredible strain on ones mind should one be extremlly programmed into their consentual reality.

imachavel
#5 Posted : 4/2/2008 3:32:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

wow, this seems all a little above me, i never quite put it into terms like these

imachavel
#6 Posted : 4/2/2008 3:35:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

here's one thing, how much of your mind is real? do you believe that the things you experience on psychedelics are real? or part of your mind? your mind is very powerful. To me, there's a realm of experience beyond mind and matter, so to me, it's hard to tell what is and what isn't. To me psychedelics just open your mind to showing how things change and come and go and that you might not know what REALLY IS happening, but to me, that you're a small part of it like an ant to the world, or a piece of dust to the galaxy.

Laerrus
#7 Posted : 4/4/2008 3:05:05 AM

Stephen Guptill

From my personal experience, the Universe gives knowladge to those who can see passed the distractions, and move without fear into the new realms of their lives.

I know the places I have been to are real, because others I have met randomly through my city have been to the same places.

Strangly enough in my personal opinion the major problem with the world is their questioning on reality and deciding it is just a product of their own imagination.

Our imaginations control part of it, a small part, mostly our own personal realm of things such as functions, your performance in life, and things on the level of where their lifes rail might take them.

However there are countless facets.

So many in fact people think there is nothing there at all.

It's insane really.

You obviously still have the choice to live how you do now, or try to get your head around it all; but you will reach a point where panic and order ride a knives edge, and you can never go back, the only way to go is forward further into it all for more answers, more knowladge, more understanding, so that after this life passes we know that inside our heart of hearts we put everything on the line to delve into the mystery that had been long forgotten and supressed from humanities general knowlage, but placed right in front of them with their religions.

You mind is real.

Your mind is a point of light in a massive galleriea of lights.

Our consiousness is a spinning ball, kept in a box sort of like a cubical, within a massive structure of boxes holding spinning consiousness.

This experiences life plugged into the VR helmet that is the head, the five senses central meeting point.

You should prolly figure out the rest on your own from here.

Or just go back to living a normal life.

=P

Some are born for it.

Some are not.

Laerrus
#8 Posted : 4/4/2008 6:05:37 AM

Stephen Guptill

Then of course you can get into other subject OF and WITHIN the concept of multidimensionality.

There are dimensions to words.

Say some straight faced.

1 dimension.

According to Tarrence MacKinnon (Teribble with spelling I know.) when one makes a PUN the sentence becomes 1.5 dimensions, the pun being half a dimension.

Now to insinuate something further an underlying statment perhapse pertaining to an action commited by another which you do not wish to state directly but you say in a way so that only the one person in the room who understand the situation see what you say, this is a 2 dimensional sentence, maybe more who knows.

Then you get into multidimensional personality. Can you tap into a quantum field perchance that links us with our Quantum selfs, the other ones who are us in the skewed realities just to the left and right.

Perhapse in one your a soldier, perhapse in another you are already dead.

Perhapse this is the one where you are seeking answers and must unite all your quantum selves into alignment and reach for the higher stratum of discapline where you stop using all outside substances due to the vampiric nature of heavy use of spirits. Thus why shamans do not smoke crack and encourage a life of sobriety aside from the occasional visitation with a healing spirits through a means such as DMT, Salvia, or whathave you.

Or maaaybe...

varun
#9 Posted : 4/27/2008 1:11:54 PM

jo_cosmic

The self is said to be infinite. That would mean that the only difference between me and other things and people is just the perception that I am seperate from it. In actual fact I am you, a piece of dust, the billions of galaxies, this dimension, every dimension and everything within them and ofcourse I am all that does not exist. I am time and and nothing.That is the true power of ONE. One is a loneliest number but one is also the most unified number. How we see it is up to our perception. Therefore travelling to another dimension is not necesarilly travelling there but actually activating that part of our conciousness. Picture every dimension as part of the human body. Travelling to one would be like moving a finger. Experiencing it as the whole body experiences it.
SWEETEST LULLABY'S EMANATE FROM THE CORE OF MY BELIEFS COMFORTING THE SLEEP...OR WAS THAT FEAR??!!

Clyde Frog
#10 Posted : 5/26/2008 7:03:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Actually I gave a much simpler view of multi deimensionality. Imagine a one dimensionler world where only lines exist. Now imagine there is an infinite amount of these little universes about. Now imagine they were all stacked together to make a square. The lines would still exist in there 1d world while simultaneously existing together as one in a 2d world. Repeat this process again and you will be in the 3d world.
I believe that us animals exist in a 4d world, our senses serve to give us a a snapshot of the 3d world while our memory serves to try to unite these snapapshots into a 4d model. I believe that this is the ultimate human goal to try and unite our past and present selves and step into the next world, giving us just a little bit more of the puzzle so that we may find out what we are and how the hell we got here.
Also a question tho those who believe in quantum theory, why do you only believe in 10 dimensions, I mean why stop there? Surely there must be more beyond them agin, perhaps thosde extra 7 are just the first ones where starting to become aware of.
Treacherous this deceit to make no choice matter
To have and yet lose yourself, until finally all reasons why are forgotten
To live through ones own shadow, mute and blinded, is to really see
Eclipse the golden mirror and the reflection is set free

40oztofreedom
#11 Posted : 7/10/2008 11:11:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smokeydaze wrote:
..I think you may be complicating it all

multi-demensionality? people, relax.

You obviously haven't had a decent DMT experience have you?
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

burnt
#12 Posted : 7/10/2008 1:14:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
smokeydaze wrote:

The DMT experience nor any other psychedelic experience does not prove anything about multidimensionality.

polytrip
#13 Posted : 7/12/2008 3:07:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
It only proves that the human mind is able to imagine multi-dimensionality. The problem with the term is that dimension is interpreted as spacial. the other dimensions are supposed to be about states or properties of particles. If it's said, space-time is being bend by gravity, then what is ment is that the spacial and temporal behaviour of particles is being altered, so it is as if space itself is being altered. How we understand space is being determined by the properties of what it is occupied with.

40oztofreedom
#14 Posted : 7/12/2008 4:29:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Quote:
smokeydaze wrote:

The DMT experience nor any other psychedelic experience does not prove anything about multidimensionality.

Thats where you and I differ.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

polytrip
#15 Posted : 7/12/2008 7:41:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

(Maybe) it tells us something about the theoretical possibilitys of multi-dimensionality. I would say that multi-dimensionality as such is a fact. But DMT experiences prove nothing in this field. My question is: in wich way can the functioning of the mind be traced back to the elementary rules of the functioning of the most basic particles? Do the principles of information processing allow a certain degree of scale-invariation?

burnt
#16 Posted : 7/13/2008 10:36:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

why do you say that it does? its a subjective experience that just because you had doesn't make it true or real by any means. the psychedelic experience while powerful can also be powerful at deluding. it can re-enforce beliefs make new beliefs and shatter old ones. either way no one really knows what happening in this space so we are free to speculate but never lose site of that its your mind doing these tricks. the molecule only alters whats already within your minds ability to experience. if it really is opening some multidimensional gate that awaits confirmation through research and sounds more like some sci fi fantasy that people want to believe in.

polytrip
#17 Posted : 7/13/2008 4:12:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The fact that multi-dimensionality exists is something that's more or less scientifically proven. Our DMT experiences might have nothing to do with this, i agree on that one. We have the three spatial dimensions everybody agrees on, the temporal dimension everybody agrees on two, then there are the other dimensions that are more speculative. They have to do with the "how" in wich matter manifests itself. You have matter and anti matter, wich you might regard as another dimension of existence. Then there are the really much more speculative dimensions we know from string-theory's that you should see in this way: there are several basic forces of nature in the standard model, in wich gravity is not included. The idea is that in the several ways in wich matter could manifest itself those forces all relate to eachother in such a way, that what would be a weak force in one state, would be a stronger force in the other, so that you could make a model that would include gravity and also would explain why it's such a weak force in "our world". In this model all the forces relate to eachother in a certain way and the way in wich they do relates to the several states of matter and all these states eventually could be traced back to one particle that just would occur in several states of being.
This does make sense, since it is known that during the big bang, all the known forces that are currently included in the standard model must have been equal, wich would be, if there wasn't one unifying principle, a coïncidence of such astronomic proportions that it would be something as that you would see footsteps and you would conclude that somebody has done some walking around here, and you'd been wrong because it actually was the wind coïncidentally blowing patterns excactly in the shapes of footsteps in the sand.
The principle of multi-dimensionality might even extend further.
I'm curious if this multi-dimensionality is such a basic characteristic of nature that we humans have some sort of inuïtion for it, or that indeed DMT experiences have totally nothing to do with it.

deedle-doo
#18 Posted : 7/13/2008 4:12:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ryan wrote:

But there is just one thing I can't seem to come to accept without some resistance and this is the whole multi-dimensional aspect of the self. Which is why I post this on a DMT forum as from what I've heard from friends DMT is the one that really sets this into hyper drive. But I can't just get my mind to smoothly accept the fact that, sitting right here, by will, I can essentially leave and just pop into a new dimension. Perhaps it's an internal fear, which if thats the case, I know only I will be able to piece together a solution.

You have a sceptically inquiring mind. This is a good thing to have when exploring psychedelics. People who go into these explorations with no skepticism can end up developing profound life-long delusions. This is the danger of psychedelics, especially DMT. You can become a high-functioning delusional, which is OK if you are happy. You can also become a paranoid or grandiose delusional which can hurt you and strain your family. I would argue that this is bad.

So, don't try to will yourself to believe in some metaphysical mumbo that you read about on-line. I believe that these experiences come from within. Mckenna said once (I think in the "valley of novelty" workshops) that the entities and places seen during a DMT flash are your syntactic machinery made visible. The very nature of language made visually manifest. In this interpretation these are other dimensions but they are other dimensions of your mind.

polytrip
#19 Posted : 7/13/2008 6:51:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm still having this idea: the tiniest of particles have certain possibillitys, then the clusters of them have possibillitys as well determined by the first ones, etc. Then life is structured according to the most basic mathematical principles. Then simple nerve systems generate electrical patterns that follow the most basic mathematical principles, and the systems that generate these patterns when fed with certain stimuli, that trigger certain muscle reflexes that give an evolutionary benefit, are the systems that survive and further devellop. The further devellopments are variations of those basic patterns. So then eventually, every sensation we undergo is an electrical pattern that is a variation of a basic mathematical pattern wich represents the most basic laws of nature (i consider mathematics here not just as the language of physics, but a scientific fenomenon itself as well). So you see those most basic principles articulated throughout nature; the shapes of the stars is a sphere just as the shape of soundvibrations and the reason why they both are spheres has to do with the same basic principle.
So eventually things we undergo share a basic feature with the things all around us; old tribes looked as lightning and thunder and vulcanic eruptions as gods being angry, and lightning,vulcaninc eruptions and anger share some basic mathematical features: of a build-up potential being released according to a certain pattern.
This all would not mean that when we generate those patterns, we also undertsand them, but maybe it could mean that we have an intuïtive understanding or feeling of familiarity with them. But maybe this is just a silly idea.

40oztofreedom
#20 Posted : 7/16/2008 4:21:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll put everything the simplest way I can put it.

I'm 100% positive that DMT doesn't "take us" into different dimensions. I'm not stating that, my point resting is... This molecule of sorts, opens up and older instinct in our brains, allowing us to see something that we wouldn't normally see with our own human eyes. It changes perception (in a trivial manner), and shows us what actually lies behind the world that we live in during our everyday lives.

There lies a lot behind what we can actually see.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------

123NEXT