We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Continuing Problems With Experience Options

Attention All Shipping
#21 Posted : 3/4/2008 8:13:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I do consider myself a hardhead, unfortunately. In general with psycedelics a 'normal' dose tends to have little to no visual effects. psychelogical 'mind change' effects are common though tend to go relatively quickly. As an example 1st 2 times with shrooms had really no effect, though there was a significant (non-visual) effect, not a pleasant one, when combined with MAOI.

I have had the veil with spice at least twice - one of which was possibly a breakthrough. That time was in almost complete darkness, sort of sensory withdrawal, with no music or other sensation which could be avoided. The only problem with that is the problem of getting a good hit from the pipe when you can barely see it.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

acolon_5
#22 Posted : 3/17/2008 3:07:04 PM

The Great Namah

Hmmm, well ok.

After trying abstaining from Kratom for over a week, eating healty, and doing microdoses of Caapi I tried again this weekend from my vaporizer....60mgs produced nothing...at all.

Then my friend came over that evening and suggested that I try the sandwich method again...so 60mgs sandwiched in between white lotus...and amazingly it worked! Full breakthrough... The next day I tried it again, and again, full breakthough (on ~40mg)

So it appears my smoking method may be to blame (and I really didn't think it could be that!) I had been using a torch lighter and really heating it up.... I noticed that it was browing really quick and giving a horrid taste. Even w/ glass clear spice it was leaving brown residue on my bulb...so me thinks that too much heat was destroying my spice before it even got to my lungs.

Mystery solved????

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Big Inhale
#23 Posted : 3/17/2008 3:31:33 PM

The Enlightend One

HEAT is bad but welcome back to spice land
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

acolon_5
#24 Posted : 3/17/2008 7:47:25 PM

The Great Namah

Thanks, I've been missing my Spicetastic-chillaxin voyages quite a bit. It's really frustrating to try and try and try and go no where.
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

El Ka Bong
#25 Posted : 3/17/2008 9:03:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pheeew ! .. I bet this is the case for most mis-fired launches - the spice got stuck in the pipe/bong, or incinerated before it got to you.

I also eventually found the bed-of-leaf method, with pre-melted dmt as the sure-fire way to go. Ash makes it gross tasting, and leaf will absorb the dmt much better in the pre-melt.

Are you using a clear-glass device..? I like to see how the vapour density/whiteness is being generated - that 'fog', that's the dose coming at you ! If you get the uber-fog going, and draw it into your lungs, then you're there !

acolon_5
#26 Posted : 3/18/2008 12:56:11 AM

The Great Namah

My "Aladdin's Lamp" vaporizer is what I usually use. For some reason it just hasn't been getting me anywhere. I don't think the switch to a bed of leaf pipe will be preferment, but it has taught me to baby the bulb a little more.

I probably burned up over a gram in the past year over heating the spice.

Well thank you everyone for all the help. I may be back in a week complaining again, but hopefully it was just a heat issue. I have changed my lifestyle a bit for the better because of it though.
The Spice extends life

acolon_5
#27 Posted : 3/18/2008 5:11:18 PM

The Great Namah

BoyPony,

You say the machine doesn't seem to have the heat problems the vaporizer does. Do you use a normal bic lighter for it or are you using a torch lighter? Do you let the flame come in contact with the steel/copper wool or do you just heat up the sides?

A good friend made me a few machines but I haven't tried them out yet, maybe I should.
The Spice extends life

oarguello
#28 Posted : 3/18/2008 6:15:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
BoyPony,

You say the machine doesn't seem to have the heat problems the vaporizer does. Do you use a normal bic lighter for it or are you using a torch lighter? Do you let the flame come in contact with the steel/copper wool or do you just heat up the sides?

A good friend made me a few machines but I haven't tried them out yet, maybe I should.

Definitely use the machine! I used pipes, bulbs, before and was just too harsh to smoke out of. I also broke down and made a "Machine". Smoothest smoke for DMT ever ...pretty unbelieable. Although I dont reccomend using the tiny liquor bottles most people use. I use a regular water bong ( with no water) and jsut pack the stem with the steel wool. And its good to go.

The reason I use a bong is because you can fill the apparatus with more vapor, and it also seems to let the vapors cool down a bit before inhailing. The machine was too small to get decent rips and seemed to hurt lips a bit making me think the vapors were a bit overheated.

A huge reason i think most sessiosn dont provide any effects is smoking technique. Its reccomended to try to get your full dose in one or two lungfulls. I was getting lazy for a while and taking like 8 or 10 rips before finishing the dose off ( all i remembered was that yo uwere suppose to take in as much as possible within a minute). I was barely getting any visual effects. Then I remembered to finish the does as quick as possible WITH as little rips as possible. That made all the difference in the world

By the way i use a torch lighter. I dont put the flame to the spice though, just inch the heat toward the spice till it melts....creating a little air flow by sucking in the bong helps speed up the melting process.

Ixxy
#29 Posted : 3/18/2008 10:02:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm. Swin uses a machine, has yet to try his pocket vaporizer but swim will. Very soon. SWIM has used a water pipe on several occasions using the leaf bed method. SWIM will be delighted to try the water pipe with the steel wool method. SWIM will do this soon. More later on it.

Acolon_5: Really glad everything has seemed to work out for you. Sounds like your freind has a good head on his his shoulders. Do let all of us know when it is tried in the vap again using less heat and tell us your results.

Mitakuye Oyasin

PREV12