We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Continuing Problems With Experience Options

acolon_5
#1 Posted : 2/27/2008 4:05:40 PM

The Great Namah

Wonderful forum memebers,

I need your help.

I am desperately trying to figure out why spice is not working for me.

Does anyone else have constant problems getting spice to work for them?

I have had wonderful ++++ experiences one night, and then the next three nights at the same dosage gives me nothing, NOTHINGโ€ฆno visuals at all.

DMT has really changed my life in a positive way, but I am really at my wits end. I am willing to change the way I live and what I eat to get this sacrament to work again for me.

Recently every 4 out of 5 tries ends in failure! I feel like I am wasting a LOT of elf spice.

Usual dosage is ~50mgs but have gone up to almost 60mgs without effects. I use a vaporizer and have my smoking technique down really well.

I have only had 1 veil experience since my first 300mgs almost a year ago. When I started 30mgs would give me massive visuals with a beautiful veil. 40 would send me through the veil. Now 30mgs give me almost nothing even on a good day. No carrier wave, no sound, no buzzing, no visuals..nothing.

Anyone who can give me answers to the following would help me out a lot in figuring what is going on.

1) How big of an effect does diet have on your experience? For example, have people had wonderful experiences after a big meal from McDonalds. Has anyone noticed things like pepperoni, salami, or spicy foods eaten that day killing the experience?

2) Does anyone use Kratom on a daily basis? Has anyone noticed increased Kratom use effecting the experience in a negative way.

3) Anyone use opiates occasionally and does this effect your experience one way or another?

4) Medications such as blood pressure or asthma medications effect your experience?

5) Any other external or internal factor you have felt has negetivly effected your experience?

Any and all feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. I am damn near at my wits end trying to figure this out. For a while I thought it was bad bark, but this does not appear to be the case. Then I thought a break was needed, a few weeks of abstinance did not help. This has been going on for a few months.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 2/27/2008 5:18:43 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

About kratom, it is slightly addictive so it may be its toning down the receptors in your brain making it harder for you to have effects with DMT.

Maybe you can try smoking some rue with the dmt? There are sperate threads about this mixture.

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 2/27/2008 5:25:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

But check your meds for MAOI contradictions before trying it.

Also, it's possible that the diminished effects could be due to one of the medications you mentioned... were both in use at the time of your first breakthrough?

adrian89987
#4 Posted : 2/27/2008 6:09:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I can relate
I seem to have a harder time getting appreciable effects than anyone that I personally know. Using Spice that I've extracted, all of my friends get full blown effects off of 30 mg doses. A week or two ago I did a 100 mg dose and the only effect noted was dilated pupils. However, the week before this I went to the forest and did a 60 mg dose and while it wasn't a full on break through it still gave me very strong effects.
I also have my smoking tech down quite good and exhale large clouds of vapor every hit.
I am also still trying to figure this out. It seems it works far less often while I am inside, but this shouldn't make all too much of a difference.

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 2/27/2008 6:32:52 PM

The Great Namah

Entropymancer -- I don't believe it is the meds...my inhaler I have been using for 15 years... The bp meds I had switched once because I thought it might be that, then tried not using it for a week (not the smartest, but my bp is only slightly elevated) with the same results.

The BP I cannot take with an maoi (lisinopril) but it has a 1/2 life of 12hours with daily use. It should be almost gone in 24 hours.

Tonight I believe I am going to try a good brew of Caapi tea with 30-40mgs. I have read the threads here and elsewhere extensivly, and have tried it once with rue freebase extract. I, however, do not want a 45 minute peak and am a little worried about vaporizing my rue extract because of this.

The Traveler- Yes, I have thought about this quite a bit. Kratom main alkaloid is mitragyna which resembles a tryptamine but acts like an opiate......maybe it is tickling the 5HTa receptors and dulling them out. I had just gotten off opiates and onto kratom when I did my first spice adventure...so maybe this is the reason.

Adrian89987- Did you ever have strong effects from a lower doseage? Do you mind sharing your weight? (I'm 280 6'3"Pleased

I would very much like to hear from anyone who uses Kratom on a daily basis.

Any other ideas/suggestions?
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Sinewave
#6 Posted : 2/27/2008 7:01:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had severe allergies (and later asthma) my whole life. I would visit experts on the matter and they could not help me but for a steroid shot that would last a month or two. I went to see a homeopathic doctor and he cured (asthma gone) me of these things by subtracting certain elements of my lifestyle. You might also benefit from this as well if you haven't already tried. That said, since I've seen the guy I am much more sensitive to anything I put in my body.

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 2/27/2008 8:16:47 PM

The Great Namah

Sinewave,

Can you be a little more specific, or pm me with some more info? I'd really appreciate it! What elements were subtracted? Was diet modified and how so?
The Spice extends life

pattern
#8 Posted : 2/27/2008 8:29:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe try a different smoking method ... basil works great!

Also, are you sure the spice you have is the real deal?

acolon_5
#9 Posted : 2/27/2008 8:36:16 PM

The Great Namah

I have gone through about 5 vendors that are highly respected (ethnogarden, BBB, amazonhealing, maya, some ebay vendors), tried many different teks (STB and A/B and even one B/A/B). At the moment I have glass clear 1/2" mini swords. They are as pure as I can get them. Friends who have smoked all of my batches at one point or another have been blown away at 30-40mgs. It is the real deal. I even occasionally have a wonderful breakthrough experience with it. The problem is my veil is gone, and it is a complete crapshoot if I get any effects at all (all or nothing). I used to believe there was something wrong with my spice, but I don't anymore.

I've never tried basil, but I have tried damania, blue and white lotus petals, passionflower (yuck!), and mj.
The Spice extends life

The Dream Walker
#10 Posted : 2/27/2008 8:38:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience, fasting for 12+ hours prior to launch increases the effects tremendously. Whenever I eat beforehand, the launch never goes as well. As for opiates, I've launched after taking approx. 20mg of hydrocodone administered via insufflation, and that was one of the best breakthroughs that I've had to date.

DreaMTripper
#11 Posted : 2/27/2008 10:24:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What effect does kratom have on the trip?

Garulfo
#12 Posted : 2/28/2008 12:04:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Acolon,

Do you smoke just before normal sleeping time ? My friend always noticed a huge difference between day smoke and evening smoke.

acolon_5
#13 Posted : 2/28/2008 12:28:48 AM

The Great Namah

I do usually right before bed....my best experiences happened during the day however.
The Spice extends life

Infinite I
#14 Posted : 2/28/2008 2:09:52 AM

JC

My first experience was during the day and was very life changing. Had loads during the day and at night, havent been able to tell the difference tbh. My eyes just close and I forget, usually.

Anyhoo was wondering acolon_5, Where did you get your avatar from? Wasn't sure if id seen your avatar, then had a dream about them, or created my dreams/memories(maybe)after seeing it or maybe strassmans spirit molecule reports or a combination of all three created this fucked up dream I had the other night and it was scary clowns, very similar to your avatar was just so real like a memory and they were like your avatar shook me up!! Shocked Sorry I have no help to your question just with that avatar I couldnt help but ask, the similaritys uncanny.

adrian89987
#15 Posted : 2/28/2008 2:23:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:

Adrian89987- Did you ever have strong effects from a lower doseage? Do you mind sharing your weight? (I'm 280 6'3"Pleased

I've never had an easy time getting effects really. Only random times I will get smacked up the face, it's always worth it just to get these but still frustrating. I weigh only 155 pounds and am 6' 2". The only way I've found to get myself consistent success is to place 50+ mg and go to the forest when I know that the time is right.

acolon_5
#16 Posted : 2/28/2008 2:56:48 AM

The Great Namah

Infinite I -- actually I got the avatar off of the old nexus artwork section. It caught my eye. It is called a harlequin. It just seemed like an entity I would see on one of my zesty adventures in spiceland.
The Spice extends life

El Ka Bong
#17 Posted : 2/28/2008 4:58:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If it's not the dmt's purity and freshness (my first thoughts were to make a fresh batch asap!), then it could be a metabolic variable in you, and you just might have to continue experimenting to figure it out. It can't be 'lost', it's not that simple, especially if you were once sensitive to dmt.

It likley is a cross-over effect from something else in your diet, medications and food choices etc ... Simplify diet - eat as few processed foods as possible. Sleep more ! ... excercise in a different way..?

Strassman showed that 5% of people have no response to dmt! But I believe there is a continuum of senitivity to dmt in people - from zero sensitivity in some folks to hyper-sensitive in others, all due to a genetically controlled amounts of 5HT receptors.

There are 7 classes and about a dozen or more different types of tryptamine receptors - changing in numbers, all over your body, all day ! 5HT receptors are in all sorts of tissues, not just the brain... in eyeballs, the gut, in the lungs and airways... muscle even, I heard. Remember this review;

http://www.iuphar-db.org...ayForward?chapterID=1288

And 5HT receptors in the body have a role to do with one's overall controll of weight loss and gain (more so in females than males) - I found this recent article about this:

http://www.bentham.org/c...ple/cmccnsa5-1/0008T.pdf

I'm a 145 Lb now, 5'9", down 10 lbs in about a year ... and I seem to have gotten more sensitive to dmt over a period of 3 years, and/or I've figured out how to smoke it... Has body-size varied for you lately, Acolon-5..?

Dmt's effects on you is affected by all that goes on with 5HT receptors, and so you can see your whole body as a 'sink' for the dmt you inhaled or ate - from the brain to the muscles in your feet.

And so I rationalize my range of dmt trips that can happen to the way my body is always metabolically 'differently' prepared. I have a huge circadian rhythm in the types of 5HT receptors going on and off in my body, and I just can't 'get off' on dmt in the early day time... the 'wrong combination' of 5HT receptors is up and running in the day.

Our bodies are so molecularly sensitive - I bet you just need to reset the dials on your diet, Acolon-5. I have not tried it, but apparently just eating a heap of beans and bacon makes you more sensitive to smoked dmt ! That sounds like a simple diet ..>! I always fast before a dmt experiment - I try to go for a 4 -6 hour period of no-food before actually injesting any dmt, and I eat light during the day before a night time launch.

acolon_5
#18 Posted : 3/4/2008 6:42:04 PM

The Great Namah

Thinking that daily kratom usage might be the problem, kratom was abstained from for a few days prior to launch (opiates used in its place). Upped dosage to 65mgs. Right away I noticed ringing (that has been missing too) but it never really manifested. No CEV but the open eyed visuals were chaotic, fast moving squiggles, nothing more. Took large dose of kratom waited 1.5hours and retried at 50mgs. No effects other than minor trails.

Diet has been changed. Fresh veggies, fruits, less processed foods.

The next day another try with MAOI. 60mgs of rue extract was smoked, 15 minutes later 30mgs of dmt was smoked. Very nice body buzz. Minor CEV and OEV lasting ~20 minutes.

This is all with a very fresh batch of A/B extracted spice. First try was amazing, but have not been able to get much of anything after that.

El Ka - No weight gain or loss. I've had many a good responce to dmt before, so it is not that I am completely insenitive to it.

Anyone?
The Spice extends life

Attention All Shipping
#19 Posted : 3/4/2008 8:02:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My last attempt with spice (~55mg + residue in Vapouriser) had no real effect, not even CEV. The time before that (2 days) I'd tried with a glass of harmaloid extract juice, extracted from around 3g of syrian rue. That time I had good CEV, though no real OEV, other than a slight shimmering of the hands, but a greatly extended duration of aftereffect/bliss/psychelogical effect. Generally I find it hard to get real effects (only one, debatable, breakthrough) and had personally ascribed it to the effects of my own psychology & mental barriers (particularly lack of visuals). Don't know if that's a possibility for you but its something to consider. That said it'd be difficult to differentiate from a genetic predisposition, or should that be indisposition.

acolon_5
#20 Posted : 3/4/2008 8:05:26 PM

The Great Namah

Attention All Shipping: Have you ever had "the veil" or has it always been difficult to get effects? Do other psycadellics work ok for you or are you considered a "hard head?"
The Spice extends life

12NEXT