We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dried Chips vs Alkaloid Extracts Options

RealAwareness
#1 Posted : 3/28/2010 6:17:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have read through most of the resin and extraction threads, great stuff. The question I have is on the subjective experience of the same amount of Mescaline, delivered either through munching chips vs eating the resins or the pure alkaloid extracts. For example, If 10 Grams of chips of dried skin\outer flesh assays at 2% total alkaloids, will eating that 10 Grams produce the same intensity of experience as taking 200 Mgs of the alkaloid mix one obtains from the limonene\vinegar extraction methods? On the same note, should I start off with 5G of dried, in the off chance I hit a batch with 5% potency and am not in the right set for the 500mg experience that is (theoretically) possible if I ate 10 grams from a strong batch of chips? I'd love to hear from SWIY's who have tried both methods. Thanks all.
Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream
It is not dying...It is not dying
Lay down all thought; Surrender to the void
It is shining...It is shining...

RealAwareness

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 3/29/2010 8:15:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey man,

Yes there is a difference between chemically extracted and the resin/whole cactus. I'm a fan and user of the resin tek. I think it provides the best of both worlds...a concentrated, easy to consume product that retains the whole plant alkaloid profile and experience. I prefer the 'whole plant' experience to that of the limonene/vinegar extract. This is just my experience, and preferences vary widely among different people...others on here would disagree. Some people prefer pure mescaline hcl, which I haven’t tried so can't comment. I do find the resin much more preferable to the limonene extract though...the experience, for me, feels more whole and complete, more powerful, with a pronounced and pleasant body high I don't get from the extract. This is just me though...I would recommend experimenting and finding your own preference. And I wouldn't worry about 'O'Ding' on cactus...it is very forgiving in that regard, and I would deem the freakout potential of 10g of cactus...even very good stuff...to be basically zero. Seems pretty hard to have a bad time on really.

RealAwareness
#3 Posted : 3/30/2010 2:29:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Bancopuma - I would like to try both, the whole cactus as well as the extracts; my main reason for even considering the extracts vs the whole plant is just to know how much I am taking, and work my way up. I've never had a "bad trip" on acid or shrooms, though there was some apprehension at the peak of the 2 strongest shroom trips I ever took, with good reason, lol. I just like to have a general idea of how far I'm going before I go there. From what I have read, Cactus is even more forgiving than shrooms in that regard, so I am leaning on just getting a hundred grams of dried torch chips, running the resin tek on them, and then dosing slowly every hour until I'm far enough. Really looking forward to it; everything I have read so far leads me to believe it will be brain and soul food, and it's healing properties are highly anticipated. Thanks!
Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream
It is not dying...It is not dying
Lay down all thought; Surrender to the void
It is shining...It is shining...

RealAwareness