We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Syrian Rue Soxhlet Extraction Options

ThirdEyeVision
#21 Posted : 4/4/2010 5:15:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone ever encounter this?

After soxhlet pull, egg wash, 2 salt precips a ton of nice big crystals were left. Didnt weigh but about 3/4 inch up a 1000ml beaker. It was re-disolved in hcl water (700ml) and filtered (like every other salt precip) this time 1/4 tsp of activated choracoal was poured in and put on stir plate for 5 minutes. It was then filtered and saturated with salt.

This time though, there is about 1/4 inch of precips but the liquid if full of crystal shards in suspension....
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Crystalito
#22 Posted : 4/6/2010 10:08:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Regaring the zinc/HCL pull/conversion. Hotplate is also a stirrer so what you are saying is pull with HCL instead of acetic acid, add zinc to boiling flask and pull should be converted to THH? Has this been verified? My friend has all but the zinc on hand..... Any local source of useable zinc?

It seems that the conversion has been done both here at the DMTNexus (here ) and over at the nook (here). It seems really doable and simple, but some things dont catch on easily and i wonder why (popularity is a weird monster, an A/B extraction seems more laborious ,with much bigger need for "chemicals" ,yet it happens all the time).

Zinc can be purchased from firework shops for one i think ,or online.

PREV12