We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First time extraction question Options

Zig
#1 Posted : 3/23/2010 1:51:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I finally got everything together to do my first extraction. I started Marsofolds tek this morning and have a quick question. I have been fallowing the directions to the T. I just added 50 grams of lye and shook it up, next i added 300ml of naptha and shook that up. I let it sit for a bit then tried to separate the top layer of liquid out. Now i am separating the top layer into a mason jar. There are 3 layers 1 perfectly clear, one yellowish and then the rest of the jug is black. My question is this: Is the top layer supposed to be completely clear? I looked at pictures and other peoples looks like a brown or yellow, should i be taking the top 2 layers? clear and yellow? or just the top 1 layer that is just clear.

Have i done something wrong? Perhaps not added enough lye? or not let it sit for long enough? Any input can help. Thanks in advance.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Entropymancer
#2 Posted : 3/23/2010 2:10:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

It's perfectly fine if the top layer is completely clear. Keep going, you'll see the crystals soon!

stevowitz
#3 Posted : 3/23/2010 2:12:59 AM

The Dude

Entropymancer wrote:
It's perfectly fine if the top layer is completely clear. Keep going, you'll see the crystals soon!

agreed

your yellow layer is prob emulsion. a little more lye might help solve that, or more patience Pleased
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

Zig
#4 Posted : 3/23/2010 3:35:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok cool, ill let it sit for a bit longer and keep on going, thanks for the help I appreciate it