We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A medicinal garden in the cold north Options

Ginkgo
#1 Posted : 3/23/2010 12:17:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey lovely dudes and dudettes,

I am in the middle of moving to a new wonderful place, in the middle of the forest with an empty garden at nearly 3000 square meters. Needless to say, I need to fill this garden with the most wonderful plants!

My idea is to base it on entheogenic and medicinal plants. As I live in Norway, the plants must be able to withstand cold winters. I already have a rather large collection of plants inside, so for this I will only need plants that can handle the frosty winter.

The USDA zone for my area is 7. The garden is full of sun from morning to night, it is facing south from a high plateau and free of any shadow from trees. I have a greenhouse I can use to get the plants up and going, and plenty of possibilities for good watering, including a pond with a water pump.

Until now, I have these plants in my mind:
Ginkgo biloba
Datura stramonium
Datura metel
Datura inoxia
Mandragora officinarum
Atropa belladonna
Phalaris arundinacea
Phalaris aquatica
Ipomoea tricolor (cutting them down at fall and planting new ones in the spring)
Salix alba
Hypericum perforatum
Tilia tomentosa
Verbascum thapsus
Artemisia absinthium
Humulus lupulus

Any other suggestions out there? Any and all medicinal plants that can handle the climate is interesting! I will keep you posted on any progress... Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.