We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Quick and Easy Changa Preparation Guide (pics) Options

Dimitri-Trance
#21 Posted : 3/29/2010 5:37:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mumbles wrote:
Haha the spice is dissolved in the butane which is a liquid under pressure, butane soaks into the herb, then evaporates. But from the look of things some spice is left on the outside of the leaf which means you'll have to use more butane or give it longer to soak under pressure or something along those lines to make it work. IPA does the job fine but takes longer to evap, stay away from acetone/xylene it stinks.

Thanks!
Swim is new to changa and does not want to fuck up making it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

۩
#22 Posted : 3/29/2010 5:39:52 AM

Dimitri
Get small jar
fill it with enough IPA/acetone/everclear/etc. to cover your caapi leaves
add spice
evap
smoke
bliss

Dorge
#23 Posted : 3/29/2010 6:03:58 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

nothing to stress over...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

۩
#24 Posted : 3/29/2010 6:06:57 AM

Dorge wrote:
nothing to stress over...

All the stress you've ever tangled up will be immediately untangled... Wink

Dorge
#25 Posted : 3/29/2010 6:24:20 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

indeed... swim is starting to think of changa as a n adaptogen...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

۩
#26 Posted : 3/29/2010 6:35:16 AM

That's a great way to put it! I can certainly attest to that kind of effect on my life, as well as those I know who've worked with it.

Dimitri-Trance
#27 Posted : 3/30/2010 11:25:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Dimitri
Get small jar
fill it with enough IPA/acetone/everclear/etc. to cover your caapi leaves
add spice
evap
smoke
bliss

Nice.Smile

idtravlr
#28 Posted : 4/3/2010 9:32:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Camakazi / or anyone else that has done this tek. Does the shredded caapi actually release enough harmala alks to be effective? In other words, does the caapi bark really WORK in place of the leaves? It seems to me that bark would not hold a high enough alkaloid concentration for such small quantities.

On the alcohol note. I bet absinthe would be a good alcohol to use. It would be sticky changa, but it's very high alcohol content, so very little water, and imagine that flavor! Cool

Thanks in advance for anyone who answers my question above.

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

camakazi
#29 Posted : 4/3/2010 11:16:33 AM

RUN DMT

The Caapi vine actually has a higher concentration of alks than the leaves, but most prefer the leaf because its supposed to taste a lot better than the vine... and smoother on the old breathing sacks. I put equal amounts of powdered and shredded in and it cuts down on harshness and packs more of a caapi punch.

Good shout on the absinthe btw man... I was thinking of using that to perfect the 'van gogh changa'... the taste would be amazing Smile

peace!
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

idtravlr
#30 Posted : 4/3/2010 4:30:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

camakazi wrote:
The Caapi vine actually has a higher concentration of alks than the leaves
peace!

Unless I'm mistaken, according to Ott's work, the leaves actually have approximately twice the concentration of beta carbolines (harmala alks) of the bark. I've never been able to get leave's to test these findings however, I can only base it on what I've read / heard.

Aside from that, I'm having trouble imagining getting any sort of efficacy from less than say 25 grams of caapi bark (based on my experiences with oral caapi bark tea). Perhaps smoking the bark yields a higher rate of absorption, and thus an apparent increase in potency?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to "call out" your tek. I'm just explaining why I'm confused Confused and wondering if I'm missing an important piece to the puzzle...

Peace & Thanks!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

gammagore
#31 Posted : 4/3/2010 4:37:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems like whatever alks are in the leaves or vine are easily felt when smoked.

check this thread

idtravlr
#32 Posted : 4/3/2010 4:56:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
It seems like whatever alks are in the leaves or vine are easily felt when smoked.

check this thread

Thanks dude! That validates and clears some things up!

Peace,
-idt

-Terence McKenna

Gir
#33 Posted : 4/3/2010 7:44:58 PM

Gir

I have a wormwood tincture, made with 151proof grain alkyhall, can I use this?

not sure if it would change it but... i shall try infusing. I know I have some more wormwood,hyssop,mullein,passionflower,everclear soaking in a wine bottle. Gwan make homemade absinthe. (yes i Know there can be more added, I dont like them.)
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

Dorge
#34 Posted : 4/3/2010 8:29:35 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

idtravlr wrote:
camakazi wrote:
The Caapi vine actually has a higher concentration of alks than the leaves
peace!

Unless I'm mistaken, according to Ott's work, the leaves actually have approximately twice the concentration of beta carbolines (harmala alks) of the bark. I've never been able to get leave's to test these findings however, I can only base it on what I've read / heard.

Aside from that, I'm having trouble imagining getting any sort of efficacy from less than say 25 grams of caapi bark (based on my experiences with oral caapi bark tea). Perhaps smoking the bark yields a higher rate of absorption, and thus an apparent increase in potency?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to "call out" your tek. I'm just explaining why I'm confused Confused and wondering if I'm missing an important piece to the puzzle...

Peace & Thanks!
-idt

oooohhhh the beta carbs are SOOOOO much stronger when smoked... goes straight to the brain D. Mckenna points this out in an article... it take much less to get the desired effects.
A small bowl of not even 10x concentrated leaf will do the trick... its pretty unreal.

Dorge
#35 Posted : 4/3/2010 8:31:42 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

g1risMethyl wrote:
I have a wormwood tincture, made with 151proof grain alkyhall, can I use this?

not sure if it would change it but... i shall try infusing. I know I have some more wormwood,hyssop,mullein,passionflower,everclear soaking in a wine bottle. Gwan make homemade absinthe. (yes i Know there can be more added, I dont like them.)

As always really think out the new additions of changa additives. Know you might be the first person in history to have tried a potential combination and that the effects may be highly unpredictable. Know your plants, know your body.

with that caveat... yes that tincture would work.

OpeningPandorasBox
#36 Posted : 4/5/2010 11:19:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just tried it and im VERY impressed with the results! Great method for doing this. Only took maybe 20 min from reading the tek to having changa!
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

expanding
#37 Posted : 4/17/2010 8:30:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tried the butane method with some old spice, and it wouldnt disolve atall. Once it was dry i poured 99%IPA into the jar and all spice disolved in a few seconds without stirring.
I guess this method is great for brand new pure DMT, but for noxide it fails miserably
If i extract some more il try this method again for changa, but IPA works fine and doesnt realy take that long to evap.

Dorge
#38 Posted : 4/18/2010 1:17:53 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

old spice?
the after shave!?

SunRise
#39 Posted : 5/20/2010 3:58:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Refreshing this topic for continued discussion, I am very accustomed to using butane for BHO extraction (butane hash oil) and would be pleased to use this method applied to changa preparation! so how many of y'all have tried this method?Smile
Spice Tavelin
Space Cowboy

Just know that when you finally realize what type of place the Nexus is, and how many lives it has touched, know that you have helped each one of them and I hope you continue doing so and never lose your way in life-Steely

gammagore
#40 Posted : 5/21/2010 10:30:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive never used this method, but I have read a few reports where the spice doesnt actually infuse into the herb, it just coats it. But then again a few members have had success with this tek. Give it a test and see how it turns out for you.

PREV123NEXT